Like we need more problems - Page 2

Like we need more problems

This is a discussion on Like we need more problems within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by radman They were probably late for church. I know that just chaps my hide. Oddly enough, I was cut off this morning ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Like we need more problems

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by radman View Post
    They were probably late for church. I know that just chaps my hide.
    Oddly enough, I was cut off this morning while *I* was running late for church. I was approaching an intersection (I had the green light and was doing the speed limit) and this clown was inching into it, preparing to make a right hand turn. I let off the gas and began to touch the brake; I just knew this guy was going to pull out. Nobody for a mile behind me (or in front of me) but I knew he was going to wait until the last second and then do a complete "me first". Sure enough, he did.

Being alone in the car, I verbalized my displeasure in a shamefully un-Christian fashion and successfully applied enough willpower to keep from using the car to make a statement. But pulling my gun didn't even cross my mind.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Well, the .1% had to come out somehow, I guess it's road rage this quarter.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Anytime I get behind the wheel, I know so Yahoo is going to cause me grief. You learn to live with it or you need to surrender your license. You DO NOT draw a gun!

Just plain stupid.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

GM
    Just 100% morons!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Nice to see all the previous replies without a hint of "understanding" for these irresponsible CCWP holders. I know that when I CC, I am much more law-abiding, particularly on the road, then I am at other times. I truly "feel" the incredible responsibility that has been given to me to CC and carry something that can literally kill someone legally. The course I took and the range time may not be perfect (all in one day and did not even have to use the firearm that I CC) but the responsibility was clearly instilled in me. I surely hope they throw the book at these boneheads and anyone who is given a public trust that they just ignore.

3D
    A good reminder to me to "put a lid on it" whenever I may feel anger over a driving incident because I'm not the only one out here carrying a gun . . . and that some of those who do are waaayyyy stupid enough to do this . . . . or worse.

Would definitely get a tag number and report it___get rid of irresponsible defensive carriers.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    It's people like these that give permit holders a bad name. The antis will be parading this around. For me, I became a much more understanding and forgiving driver when I started carrying. What part of "last resort, no other choice, life or death" do people not seem to understand? They committed felonies and will pay a hefty price for that for the rest of their lives. Carrying a firearm is serious responsibility.
    Amen! I still get po'd plenty by the idiots sharing the road with me, but pulling a gun never crosses my mind.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Oddly enough, I was cut off this morning while *I* was running late for church. I was approaching an intersection (I had the green light and was doing the speed limit) and this clown was inching into it, preparing to make a right hand turn. I let off the gas and began to touch the brake; I just knew this guy was going to pull out. Nobody for a mile behind me (or in front of me) but I knew he was going to wait until the last second and then do a complete "me first". Sure enough, he did.

Being alone in the car, I verbalized my displeasure in a shamefully un-Christian fashion and successfully applied enough willpower to keep from using the car to make a statement. But pulling my gun didn't even cross my mind.
    I got mad at two drivers yesterday on my way to church. I heard an ambulance long before I saw it. I had a red light at an intersection and right about the time my light turned green the ambulance was approaching the intersection at speed. I patiently wait as they slow down and check, knowing that they are traveling away from the nearest hospital and in all likelihood are on their way to save someone's life. To my utter disbelief, as the ambulance starts to pull through, two cars come from behind me in the other lane and blow through the intersection in front of the EMS.

Would I like to give these idiots a piece of my mind? Yes. Who in the world pulls a gun though....
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

This is unfortunate. Road rage is one of the issues the Antis parade out most often when opposing CCW.

I am never in that much of a hurry. When someone does something stupid I just smile because I don't allow anything or anyone to put me in a bad mood. Yeah Right!!
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    It's people like these that give permit holders a bad name. The antis will be parading this around. For me, I became a much more understanding and forgiving driver when I started carrying. What part of "last resort, no other choice, life or death" do people not seem to understand? They committed felonies and will pay a hefty price for that for the rest of their lives. Carrying a firearm is serious responsibility.
    Exactly. Reading threads like this one are great reminders of our responsiblities and liablities as permit holders as well as to calm down and be the bigger person, especially when in your car.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Thats bad
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

I can only echo what others have said. In the old days I was heavily involved in fighting groups that tried to limit or eliminate our gun rights. Rest assured that they absolutely will use these types of stories to "prove" that citizens are simply too irresponsible to own guns, much less have the right to concealed carry. Even though these cases may only make up the tiniest fraction of less than one percent of all gun owners, they will typically use the argument that "if even only one life is saved..." totally ignoring all of the saved lived that are in fact saved due to an armed citizen. The antis typical response? "Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up." We all have to think of ourselves as ambassadors of the right to keep and bear arms. Anything less is totally destructive to our rights.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Oh well..... Arrest them, take their licenses away. Serve some jail time. that simple.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

3D
    Welcome Gaius! . . . Chicago??! Good for you!
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links