Like we need more problems

This is a discussion on Like we need more problems within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BugDude It's people like these that give permit holders a bad name. The antis will be parading this around. For me, I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Like we need more problems

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    It's people like these that give permit holders a bad name. The antis will be parading this around. For me, I became a much more understanding and forgiving driver when I started carrying. What part of "last resort, no other choice, life or death" do people not seem to understand? They committed felonies and will pay a hefty price for that for the rest of their lives. Carrying a firearm is serious responsibility.
    We already have a bad name in the eyes of the organizations that will attempt to capitalize on those unfortunate incidents to further their anti-2A agenda. Let's not lose sight of the fact that there's a hundred thousand plus holders of CPLs in MI, and that they're still far more law abiding than the average citizen.

Society as a whole is subject to the shallow end of the pool axiom. Why would we expect for it not to apply to licensees? We're all human after all.

On a side note, since I've been a pistol toter, I've rarely been angered over another's driving. In ATL, there's an idiot driver on the road literally every eighth of a mile. Add to that the average surface speed is probably 30 mph on an incredibly congested highway system and your left with a urgent need to have patience if your a responsible gun carrier and are in need of navigating these roads with any regularity.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

2. Remove Ads

Perhaps it was a Full Moon!!!

Two comments. . .

First, we may not know the whole story on all of these, I'm reminded of a story in a gun book where two young guys approached an older war vet in his car with obvious malicious intent. He drew his 1911 and chambered a round and left the scene as soon as they gave him room. Because they called 911 first to report the "crazy old man that pulled a gun on them" before he got through to dispatch himself, he had to defend against a brandishing charge. I would imagine that the newspapers at the time probably reported the case very much like this headline.

Second, I still get road rage since I started carrying. I still show greater restraint since then, because if the irresponsible punk that just cut me off decides to start a real fight, I don't want it to be because I antagonized him. Even if my middle finger, horn hand, or steering response did get out of line, there's no way I'd draw my pistol to 'teach a lesson'.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    For me, I became a much more understanding and forgiving driver when I started carrying. What part of "last resort, no other choice, life or death" do people not seem to understand?
    Same here. I began paying ALOT more attention after I began carrying, but I've never thought of a parking space or that 'better' lane of traffic as a life or death decision either. Stupid people.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Darn old people...pointing guns at people
    I wouldn't call them old. Hell, I've been carring a gun for as long as one of them has been alive...LOL
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Gotta love the holiday season! It brings out the best in people.
    Maybe thats why nobody pulled triggers ? And thats the only silver lining if there is one, what idiots.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” -- Thomas Jefferson

I wonder it their pistols are for sale now? :)

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer252 View Post
    otorists, keep your guns in their holsters.

That’s the holiday message from the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office, which is investigating three separate road rage incidents this weekend in which male drivers pulled out and pointed guns at other male drivers.

Each suspect was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, a four-year felony. They were arraigned Monday and Tuesday in district courts in Clinton and Shelby townships and released on bonds.

He said each suspect is a concealed pistol license holder.

Michael Wiley, 55, of Mt. Clemens is accused of pointing a gun at a 62-year-old Richmond man at Market and North Gratiot in Mt. Clemens on Friday. Wiley told authorities that he was cut off by the other man. He then pulled out a gun while driving, Wickersham said. Wiley was arrested Tuesday.

Ronald St. Onge, 47, of Almont pointed a gun at a 44-year-old Shelby Township man at Hayes and Hall Road in Macomb Township on Saturday after St. Onge told authorities that he was cut off while driving, Wickersham said.

About seven hours later, David Julian, 45, of Clinton Township pointed a gun at 23-year-old Clinton Township man at Hall Road and Romeo Plank in Macomb Township, Wickersham said. Julian told authorities the other driver was tailgating and flashing his high-beam headlights at him as he drove.

Read more: 3 gun-toting motorists held in road rage fights | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/2010120...17HoDZUet:mad:
    CCers like that are the reason why we are cast in a bad light. They also are an impediment to our progress. I hope they pay for what they did as they have reckless disregard for another's well-being in their actions.

Too bad, that's great ammo for the anti's. Even one incident with a licensed CHL holder is too many.

Since I got my CHL a couple of months ago, my road rage and aggressive driving bad habit has been completely cured. I drove that way for the last 20 years, but as soon as I had a gun on me, it stopped immediately. I realized that even the smallest thing I do could set off some idiot, and then I'm faced with a decision to draw on a situation that I had a hand in creating. My wife is VERY happy that I carry now, she doesn't mind driving with me!

Looks like their oxygen supply to their brains was "CUT OFF"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If they are convicted of the crimes charged I'll pile on but not until then. There are three sides to every story. The truth, the lie, and the middle.

We had two off duty police officers in "opposing" vehicles square off on each other with the result being both of them shot by the other! IMO - when you are carrying, you MUST "let it slide" and give the P#$%k room to go on his/her merry way. Otherwise you run the risk of spending more time (and fortune) than you want in court defending yourself from the road-rage offender's attorneys, and family survivors.
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links