Like we need more problems

Like we need more problems

This is a discussion on Like we need more problems within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; otorists, keep your guns in their holsters. That’s the holiday message from the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office, which is investigating three separate road rage incidents ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Like we need more problems

otorists, keep your guns in their holsters.

That’s the holiday message from the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office, which is investigating three separate road rage incidents this weekend in which male drivers pulled out and pointed guns at other male drivers.

Each suspect was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, a four-year felony. They were arraigned Monday and Tuesday in district courts in Clinton and Shelby townships and released on bonds.

He said each suspect is a concealed pistol license holder.

Michael Wiley, 55, of Mt. Clemens is accused of pointing a gun at a 62-year-old Richmond man at Market and North Gratiot in Mt. Clemens on Friday. Wiley told authorities that he was cut off by the other man. He then pulled out a gun while driving, Wickersham said. Wiley was arrested Tuesday.

Ronald St. Onge, 47, of Almont pointed a gun at a 44-year-old Shelby Township man at Hayes and Hall Road in Macomb Township on Saturday after St. Onge told authorities that he was cut off while driving, Wickersham said.

About seven hours later, David Julian, 45, of Clinton Township pointed a gun at 23-year-old Clinton Township man at Hall Road and Romeo Plank in Macomb Township, Wickersham said. Julian told authorities the other driver was tailgating and flashing his high-beam headlights at him as he drove.

Read more: 3 gun-toting motorists held in road rage fights | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/2010120...17HoDZUet:mad:

Pulling and pointing a gun in those situations?! Indefensible.
    And not a good trend.
    Hopefully it will serve as a warning to others to think before they draw.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

It's amazing no one was shot. Some one points a gun at me I'm not waiting to see if they intend to use it or not... I'm either out of there or someone is shot.

In a past life, I drove these roads. Then, I moved back to DC and drove the Beltway every day. These back country roads in Macomb County are goat paths compared with DC, traveled by people who commute to the local grocery store and home. They certainly aren't worth threatening to kill someone for "cutting you off".

Sheesh.

If your manhood is threatened by a bad driver, you don't need to be carrying a gun. Period.

VIP Member
    I had a road rage incident Fri, I pulled mine; nobody saw it and the guy gave up after he taught me a lesson.

One thing I can honestly say and rely on is................others will screw things up in no time for the rest of us. Like we need more problems.

It's people like these that give permit holders a bad name. The antis will be parading this around. For me, I became a much more understanding and forgiving driver when I started carrying. What part of "last resort, no other choice, life or death" do people not seem to understand? They committed felonies and will pay a hefty price for that for the rest of their lives. Carrying a firearm is serious responsibility.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Gotta love the holiday season! It brings out the best in people.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Crazy. I have gotten pretty (very) peeved while driving before, but never did it enter my head to use my firearm in such a manner. It did occur to me to escalate the road rage, however, by "getting back" at them - luckily I am able to calm myself down before I do that. Don't do it! It's never worth it and they'll never "learn" their lesson, so it's pointless.

Darn old people...pointing guns at people
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I've gotten plenty P.O. ed in traffic, but jeez, NEVER to the point of drawing on someone. I mean, my training taught me I only pull to prevent grave bodily injury or loss of life. I've seen many epsiodes that show people are at their breaking point due to the job situation.economy. etc. Time for us all (who carry) to step back, take a deep breath, and reevaluate.

Pretty stupid CCW'ers, but not for long. They'll still be stupid, but not CCW'ers.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Pretty stupid CCW'ers, but not for long. They'll still be stupid, but not CCW'ers.
    Yup... and I don't feel one bit bad for them either!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Looks like a effective way to cull out the idiots who don't have the maturity and common sense to REMAIN CCW permit holders. There are so many of us now that those won't be effective examples for the anti gunners.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

They were probably late for church. I know that just chaps my hide.
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links