Daughter checked to see if I was packing last night

This is a discussion on Daughter checked to see if I was packing last night within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to see some Christmas lights last night in an older part of town and stopped by a fast food place where my wife worked ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daughter checked to see if I was packing last night

Went to see some Christmas lights last night in an older part of town and stopped by a fast food place where my wife worked as a teenager. Outdoor seating only. While we were ordering my teenage daughter came and gave me a hug then went over to my other daughter and they giggled a bit. I went over to see what they were laughing about and she told me she was checking to see if I had my gun – kinda what I suspected. She thought she was being pretty sly.
    They didn’t make a big deal about it. We’ve talked about it before and they seem to be very comfortable with it.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Give em time, pretty soon, they won't even think about it.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I find variations in lifestyle interesting. Becoming a cop around the time my children were born, from an early age they knew that "dad" always carried a gun and never seemed uncomfortable with it.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

RGC
    My 6 year old knows I always carry and will ask me what gun I am using if he doesn't see me put the 1911 on or if he see me put it in the safe he knows I must be carrying a different one. He's better trained in gun safety then too many adults I know.

My 9 year old daughter does not give it a second thought. She knows it's our little secret when we are out.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

the first time i carried, my wife said "your taking your gun" sarcasticly. now she insists i carry and does random checks to make sure i am.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Give em time, pretty soon, they won't even think about it.
    Give 'em time and they'll be wanting guns of their own!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    the first time i carried, my wife said "your taking your gun" sarcasticly. now she insists i carry and does random checks to make sure i am.
    My wife and kids are so used to me carrying they don't give it a second thought UNLESS for some reason (very seldom) I don't. Then they want to know why not! My job sometimes takes me into areas of high crime and my wife always reminds me to be sure and take my gun.

My family and in laws quite frankly "forget" that I am. My wife has her CCP and carries a G26. My mother however when reminded, is very nervous around guns, and has refused to participate in buying thme for me as gifts. I am not sure why. She used to hunt and grew up around guns on a farm on a regular basis. She has just developed a "situational" phobia in the last few years. She does not discourage us from enjoying them or carrying them though.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

My wife is so used to my carry that she cannot walk on my right side without feeling odd. In situations that appear to be questionable, she always moves one step behind me on the left and says "I have your six!" with the cell phone ready. A friend once asked why we walked that way and she said so he can do what he has to do to protect us without worrying about where I will be. She did not mention the CHL just that we made sure we were always aware and safe. I don't think the lady ever figured out that I was carrying.

She often will mention seeing someone totally in condition white and oblivious. She won't carry but does train with me from time to time and truth be told, is usually a better shot that I am in slow fire.

My 9 year old daughter doesn't blink an eye. It's the norm. I've been taking her shooting since she was 6. She knows I am likely always carrying and to never tell anyone. We've talked about it a bit and she knows I will answer her questions, we have discussed safety, and she knows I carry to protect our family. She even gave me a big hug one day and thanked my for being "the greatest Daddy in the world for keeping them so safe!" That was a priceless moment and feeling. My wife said it was kind of funny seeing a big burly long-bearded mountain man tear up like a girl watching Oprah (no offense meant to girls...Oprah, oh well).
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I can't wait to teach the grandkids to shoot. Wife is always checking to ensure I have mine especially when she feels threatened. With the weather we have had here lately I have not had the opportunity to let her run through the various calibers but suspect she will settle on either a 38 revolver or a Glock 9mm. Protecting your family is a good thing, now teach the girls to shoot

My 9 year old son knows I carry at home and at work. He doesn't even acknowledge it anymore.

I can remember one time on a date when the woman I was with knew I carried. She at the time was a little anti-gun and was nervous around them, UNTIL, we were walking down the street and she saw some unsavory characters up the street. The first thing out her mouth was "you got your gun right?!" LOL

I gladly put her mind at ease with a hearty "YEP!"
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Give 'em time and they'll be wanting guns of their own!
    We recently got a 22 pistol and a 22 rifle for the kids to use. They also like shooting the XD, and my oldest daughter is pretty good w/ it.
    They are putting in for elk tags this year. Hopefully at least one of them will get drawn and they'll have to start practicing w/ the larger calibers.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    same here..
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links