The Wife almost but didn't

This is a discussion on The Wife almost but didn't within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife came home last nite and related the following scenario: She is on the highway, middle lane in traffic when along comes a guy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wife almost but didn't

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

The Wife almost but didn't

My wife came home last nite and related the following scenario:

She is on the highway, middle lane in traffic when along comes a guy flying along jumping lanes, etc. She stays in her lane and he finally gets along the left side of her and holds up his hand and makes a "pistol" gesture at her. He goes past, cuts across to the right lane and exits. She told me that for an instant she wanted to return the gesture holding her firearm, but of course didn't as brandishing is brandishing and not within the law. Also, she did not want to provoke or escalate the issue, who knows, he could have panicked and caused an accident. If he had not exited she would have dialed 911, but with him gone and her late for work it would have not been productive use of LEO time. Probably some smartass but harmless kid who thought he was cool.

I am proud of her that she didn't do it, but the look on his face would have been priceless.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

stupid guy making stupid gestures...no reason to lose cool
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    stupid guy making stupid gestures...no reason to lose cool
    Agreed.

But it would have been funny....
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Agreed.

But it would have been funny....
    Until she ended up in the hoosegow.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Good on her to keep her cool and realize that their are battles worth fighting and most that are not.

I agree, good she kept her cool and freedom, but... yeah it would have been a funny sight to see the look on his face. LOL
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    My wife came home last nite and related the following scenario:

She is on the highway, middle lane in traffic when along comes a guy flying along jumping lanes, etc. She stays in her lane and he finally gets along the left side of her and holds up his hand and makes a "pistol" gesture at her. He goes past, cuts across to the right lane and exits. She told me that for an instant she wanted to return the gesture holding her firearm, but of course didn't as brandishing is brandishing and not within the law. Also, she did not want to provoke or escalate the issue, who knows, he could have panicked and caused an accident. If he had not exited she would have dialed 911, but with him gone and her late for work it would have not been productive use of LEO time. Probably some smartass but harmless kid who thought he was cool.

I am proud of her that she didn't do it, but the look on his face would have been priceless.
    You should have taught her the PIT maneuver....see if the guy is still laughing after he rolls his car. Who needs a gun when you're driving 3,000 lbs of steel?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I agree, good she kept her cool and freedom, but... yeah it would have been a funny sight to see the look on his face. LOL
    That would of been. He is lucky that he ran into a calm, level headed person. One day someone will call his bluff with tragic results.
    God bless our troops!

Of course, another option would have been for her to briefly raise both her hands into a riflle-holding position.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Your wife showed excellent restraint!

Who knows, she might have accidentally cut him off earlier without realizing it. The thing is, anyone who can't let go of an honest mistake and behaves the way he did, has a problem with road rage. Any gestures your wife would have made would have just escalated the situation. She acted in the more mature way and also the most appropriate way.

Of course we all would like to respond to nuts on the highway, however, it's better to show restraint and just let it go.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I just wave a goofy wave like Forrest Gump and say, "Hey!!!" Probably wouldn't do much good as my 4x4 sits up high and has dark tinted windows all around. People say they can't even see me when going down the road. That's good. I can see them, they can't see me. Tactical advantage.

I have also realized this pearl of wisdom: "We see stupid people...and they're everywhere...and they don't even realize they're stupid."
    Let them go and they will continue their stupidness elsewhere...don't get caught up in their stupid. Just step away from it and you won't get any stupid on you. Apparently it rubs off and is contagious.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

What is with some guys today? Wife was on her way to work in a snowstorm yesterday morning doing 40 on a secondary road. Guy in a pickup pulls up next to her, rolls down his window and throws her the finger. Then completes his passing and slams on the brakes in front of her. Is it all that "me" generation or what?

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    good job on her part
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    She did the right thing. Just let morons be morons.

Yep, most of them will take care of themselves. No need to slit the throat of a lemming.
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links