Anyone use this pocket holster for their LCP

This is a discussion on Anyone use this pocket holster for their LCP within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently bought an LCP and purchased a Desanti Nemesis pocket holster to use it. Iím at school right now and havenít been able to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use this pocket holster for their LCP

Anyone use this pocket holster for their LCP

I recently bought an LCP and purchased a Desanti Nemesis pocket holster to use it. Iím at school right now and havenít been able to go home to pick up my LCP, so I havenít had a chance to carry it yet. Iíve been poking around on the internet looking at other holsters because Iím not sure if the Nemesis is going to conceal the LCP well enough. I know a lot of people swear by them but Iím going to be using the LCP for campus carry only and I need it to stay 100% concealed 100% of the time. A friend showed me these holsters and I thought they looked pretty good. Anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.pocketholsters.com/Ruger_...wallet_ho.html

Also, my LCP doesnít have Crimson Trace grips on it yet because I havenít even got to shoot it. Iím not sure if I want them but it will all depend on how I shoot it during break-in. Do you all think it will make a big difference if I bought the holster fit for a LCP with CT and didnít have them on there? From what I could see on the pictures it didnít look like a huge difference between the fit.

2. Remove Ads

I do not have that holster, however It is on my list to get one. I usually carry my LCP in a front pocket, and currently use a DeSantis Nemesis, however I have had occasion to carry it in my rear pocket a time or two and thought the one you mentioned looked like a decent one. I just haven't ordered one yet.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I use one of the regular ones from them, and I think it works well. I've carried pretty it much every day for over 2 years and it's still holding up.

The zipper-top holster looks interesting. The LCP is a little tall for some of my pockets, and that looks like it might help in that respect.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Adams View Post
    I use one of the regular ones from them, and I think it works well. I've carried pretty it much every day for over 2 years and it's still holding up.

The zipper-top holster looks interesting. The LCP is a little tall for some of my pockets, and that looks like it might help in that respect.
    Ditto.

I didn't realize you were speaking of the zipper top type in your original post. I hadn't seen that version before and was referring to the original in my first post.

I don't know if I would go with that particular one. I'm not too worried about people being able to look down the top of my back pocket, and to me, that seems like just an extra flap of leather which could impede your draw in a high stress situation.

I would opt for the original one. Sometimes you can over think things when trying to make improvements on an already good product.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

That's a very interesting idea for a common problem of back pocket carry.

I have carried a NAA Guardian in a Desanti Nemesis for about 3 years now. Actually this holster was bought to carry a Beretta Model 21A in but I now use it for the NAA. Both guns fit in it just fine and this holster has held up just fine! The ONLY issue I have had with it is the glue that is used to hold the weld on around the edges has kind of like melted out on occassion and gets on the grip of my NAA and makes it sticky.

I always carry in my back pocket and I do have a few pairs of pants that have shallow pockets. The gun/holster is completely in the pocket but if someone were to get close enough to me and look down into my pocket you may be able to see it but I'd doubt that they would ever recognize it as a weapon.

Another issue is that some of my blue jeans have the back pocket faded into the shape of my gun and holster, kind of like someone with a Skoal can ring in their back pocket.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

I don't know how folks can sit on a gun in their back pocket with any kind of comfort.

I carry a LCP in a front pocket as a secondary. I used to use the holster referenced by the OP (the original version), but found that in some pants with larger pockets, the holster would come out with the gun - not good.

I now use a modified #6 holster from www.hiddenholsters.net. I asked Jim to add a thumb push-off. This solves the issue and makes the draw much more positive. I have two of them - one for right side carry (while at home) and one for the left (when I carry it as a secondary to my G26 in a Smartcarry).

Speaking of the Smartcarry - I also need to be very discreet, and this holster would allow you to carry a much more capable handgun with excellent concealment. Do a search...it's been discussed at length.

Good luck!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Both my wife and I use the "regular" (LCP) holster in a front pocket. Sometimes in a pant leg pocket.
    One thing I like about it is it allows you to put your had on your gun and no one is the wiser.
    For us it is a "summer" or small gun, carry option.
    "Guns donít injure or kill people, I have never seen a court case where a gun was sent to prison instead of the person who used it."
    Unknown

I don't know about the zipper model. It might encourage a good pick pocket and no you would not know till it was gone. I know!!!!!
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Just to clear up some confusion, I was referring to the unzippered one and I plan on carrying in one of my front pockets. Like Tireboy said, I like the idea of being able to casually place a hand on the LCP in my pocket without causing a scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta3 View Post
    Just to clear up some confusion, I was referring to the unzippered one and I plan on carrying in one of my front pockets. Like Tireboy said, I like the idea of being able to casually place a hand on the LCP in my pocket without causing a scene.
    +1, I think it would be a good choice for that as well.

However for a front pocket carry, I prefer the FIST #5 Pocket Holster which has a thumb push-off to assist in separating the gun from the holster as you make your draw.

My DeSantis Nemesis is getting pretty worn and I plan on getting the Fist #5 for front pocket carry and the one in the original post exclusively for carry in my rear pocket.

Fist #5 Pocket Holster

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

I carry the LCP daily. I have the older version without the zipper (My LCP has CT Laser) and it was a little larger that I envisioned it being when I ordered it and it doesn't fit well for front or back pocket carry with my particular clothes. It is a fine holster but I use an Uncle Mike's size 1 about 99.99% of the time in front pocket of khakis or back pocket of jeans or in a cargo pocket. My Uncle Mikes is somewhat similar to the Desantis and my guess is that you will end up using it most of the time even if you buy another holster.

Bark'n, I like the idea of a thumb push off. The main thing I like about holster from pocketholsters though is that it look like a wallet when it is in your pocket so I don't have to worry about printing. That's my main worry.

Another issue is that some of my blue jeans have the back pocket faded into the shape of my gun and holster, kind of like someone with a Skoal can ring in their back pocket.
    And something like this. Like I said I haven't had a change to carry it yet. Does anyone notice any printing when they carry their LCP in a Desanti Nemesis or other pocket holster or does it just look like any other pocket junk?

I really like the wallet holster from pocketholsters.com, but be forewarned, it has a lifespan. I front pocket carry, and the shield breaks down and prints a gun. Also, the retention lessens with time.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links