Need some help with my CWP Badge!!!

This is a discussion on Need some help with my CWP Badge!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry...Thread Closed. Once the Internet Police step in it's out of our hands. They just completely take over. Took me a little while to make ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some help with my CWP Badge!!!

Need some help with my CWP Badge!!!

Sorry...Thread Closed. Once the Internet Police step in it's out of our hands.
    They just completely take over.

Took me a little while to make this so . The actual term in the State of Florida is License right and not permit i know some states they have permits and some others its vice versa. Thanks for your help guys!

2. Remove Ads

I'm sorry. What's the point of having it concealed while at the same time showing a badge. Might as well wear a t-shirt that says "I'm armed".
    This thread is gonna be good. Let the games begin.
    BTW, look at the top of the thread about CHL badges.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...924-CHL-Badges

Oh i'm sorry yeah i'm not one of those idiots who walks around with a badge on his hip we have enough of those already. Finally after all these years i'm going back to a wallet so i figure i might as well get this really nice one from Boston Leather and it just happens to have a nice spot for a badge they custom cut it for yours!

yeah i know what everyone thinks about them i don't know if they saw this http://legallyarmed.com/resources/badgealternative.htm

There have been documented incidents that have led to arrests of individulas who used one of these badges, for impersonating a police offiicer. A large part of theLaw Enforcment Community object to these badges. They say the badges are too close to what commissioned Law Enforcement Officers wear.

In the state of Florida were not allowed to have 5 point badges aka Sheriff ones. The only way you can catch a impersonating a officer charge is if your going around saying your a police officer which is asking for trouble. I remember a friend of my awhile ago wore a police jacket around town because his brother in law was a LEO. They pretty much told him if he ever wears it again he goes to jail and he talked to his lawyer and his brother in law and they just said there giving him a hard time. I can think of a few cases were it would be a plus to have a badge. You see a rape in progress or you come home late one night and see a car GTA in progress and it just happens to be infront of your house so you have to do something. What do you do, pull your ID out with your badge and put your hand on your weapon(ready to draw) and SHOUT "ARMED CITIZEN let me see your hands!" Hopefully the guy will just run away which you want to happen anyway because we are Quakers with guns :D and can't afford 300 dollar a hour mouth pieces.

Want a badge? Go be a LEO.

This thread is so full of fail. You do realize you are fulfilling the Brady Bunch's fantasy that all permit/license holders are cop wanna-bes, right?

Please don't be that guy we read about in the paper who flashes a badge like a superhero....

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by deaheat View Post
    Oh i'm sorry yeah i'm not one of those idiots who walks around with a badge on his hip we have enough of those already. Finally after all these years i'm going back to a wallet so i figure i might as well get this really nice one from Boston Leather and it just happens to have a nice spot for a badge they custom cut it for yours!
    A fool and his money are soon parted.

yeah i know what everyone thinks about them i don't know if they saw this http://legallyarmed.com/resources/badgealternative.htm

There have been documented incidents that have led to arrests of individulas who used one of these badges, for impersonating a police offiicer. A large part of theLaw Enforcment Community object to these badges. They say the badges are too close to what commissioned Law Enforcement Officers wear.
    Yep...and as a permit holder I'm not required to carry a badge, I do not have a commission to enforce the law. What do you think a badge is going to do for you besides look foolish?

In the state of Florida were not allowed to have 5 point badges aka Sheriff ones. The only way you can catch a impersonating a officer charge is if your going around saying your a police officer which is asking for trouble. I remember a friend of my awhile ago wore a police jacket around town because his brother in law was a LEO. They pretty much told him if he ever wears it again he goes to jail and he talked to his lawyer and his brother in law and they just said there giving him a hard time.
    Because he was "posing" as a LEO
    I can think of a few cases were it would be a plus to have a badge. You see a rape in progress or you come home late one night and see a car GTA in progress and it just happens to be infront of your house so you have to do something.
    You do!? Wow!? So calling 911 isn't a good start??
    What do you do, pull your ID out with your badge and put your hand on your weapon(ready to draw) and SHOUT "ARMED CITIZEN let me see your hands!" Hopefully the guy will just run away which you want to happen anyway because we are Quakers with guns :D and can't afford 300 dollar a hour mouth pieces.
    Is this Gecko45?? Seriously. Is this a joke? Is this some sort of fanstasy you've dreamed up? You do understand that BGs can get these badges too...thus badge does NOT equal Good Guy. By your screen name, you want to be a LEO soooo badly, you've one out and bought a gun, got a permit, and now....A BADGE!! Boy, you're ready to fight crime now!!
    Last edited by SIGguy229; December 9th, 2010 at 07:56 AM.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I would rather be shot DEAD that to be caught with one of these badges! Try impersonation of LEO...you'll be in jail in a flash! Very stupid idea!
    Kimber UC II
    SA XD-45 SC
    1948 16g Remington Model 24
    Mossberg .410g shottie

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Already took the NYPD exam i'm only 20 credits away from my A.A . Hey hey now i just want something special other then a plastic card i mean i have waited what at least a good 10-15 years for this moment. Just thought it would be nice to have something to go in my wallet you know not like i'm walking around with it around my neck like I am a jackwagon i have read about on THR.org.

Heres a good one

I'm in the bank trying to deposit one of the few checks i get every now and then. Two tangos come in and start shooting up the place, everyone hits the deck. You lay low and say what are the chances let them just get the money and get out but then. The Robber asks for the money the teller is in shock so he shoots her, you go to draw and engage. Hopefully you don't get clipped in the process of saving the day but after its all over you got your badge out and you say "Concealed Weapons Permit" not a cop! CWP FTW i don't see how there bad if anything its a waste of money but i got plenty of other things for that like my car.............

Taken from http://forum.pafoa.org

An upside to the badge is that if you're like me and could pass as a cop, if someone notices your gun, they'll see the badge too and say, "Oh, he's okay" and not call the local enforcers of oppression.

On the other hand, people will see the badge and expect you to intervene in situations where you have no business getting involved.

Mine will be in my wallet and even if i were at the store or someplace and had to take out my credit card or some cash you don't have to expose your badge. Its kind of like a condom all your friends call you a fruit for carrying it around but then one day you really need it!

After i just saw this video i'm actually having 2nd thoughts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EE7DHFNV6Y
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 9th, 2010 at 10:09 AM.

Deaheat; Why don't you save the expense of a badge, and just have CCW tattooed on your forehead?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Deaheat; Why don't you save the expense of a badge, and just have CCW tattooed on your forehead?
    Wouldn't be too concealed now would it plus that would mean i would have to be cremated . If i was going that route i would just get INFIDEL on my head or neck, member of my pistol club has pretty much one of the Boondock prayers on his trigger finger no joke.

Administrator
    deaheat.

I think you're going to find out that the vast incredible majority of our DefensiveCarry forum members are very negative on the idea of WannaBe Concealed Carry / License To Carry / Weapons Permit /etc. & whatever and anything on any style of badges intended for citizens that are not genuine, active or retired law enforcement officers.

Expect a ton of negative, WHY?, & possibly impolite comments.

Send a Private Message to any of the forum moderators if you want this thread to go away unless you want to get some practice toughening up your skin and taking it all on the chin.

Just know in advance that it "ain't gonna be pretty" though forum moderators will delete any really rude comments or flaming posts.

GM
    CWP Badge??? There is a sticky about the topic:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...924-CHL-Badges

CCW badges are a very bad idea. Do yourself a favor and do not waste your money on one.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Seems like your best way to get a badge is finish your 20 credits and get a real one. The last thing we need is "Mr I Wanna Be A Cop" running around with a worthless fake badge. You make the rest of the responsible people that carry look like some fringe nuts.
    Last edited by Back 40; December 9th, 2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Typing on a phone

There's no way this isn't a troll job...
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

Administrator
    I do not think that it's an intentional troll thread because the member would not have gone through the trouble to use the "on line" badge design feature to construct variously worded badges - and then stitch those different photos together and the upload the final picture just to badge troll in a forum thread.

So possibly in this case it's best for DC members just to educate the new member rather than to incriminate & verbally assassinate.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCleary View Post
    There's no way this isn't a troll job...

Already took the NYPD exam i'm only 20 credits away from my A.A . Hey hey now i just want something special other then a plastic card i mean i have waited what at least a good 10-15 years for this moment. Just thought it would be nice to have something to go in my wallet you know not like i'm walking around with it around my neck like I am a jackwagon i have read about on THR.org.

Heres a good one

I'm in the bank trying to deposit one of the few checks i get every now and then. Two tangos come in and start shooting up the place, everyone hits the deck. You lay low and say what are the chances let them just get the money and get out but then. The Robber asks for the money the teller is in shock so he shoots her, you go to draw and engage. Hopefully you don't get clipped in the process of saving the day but after its all over you got your badge out and you say "Concealed Weapons Permit" not a cop! CWP FTW i don't see how there bad if anything its a waste of money but i got plenty of other things for that like my car.............

Taken from http://forum.pafoa.org

An upside to the badge is that if you're like me and could pass as a cop, if someone notices your gun, they'll see the badge too and say, "Oh, he's okay" and not call the local enforcers of oppression.

On the other hand, people will see the badge and expect you to intervene in situations where you have no business getting involved.

Mine will be in my wallet and even if i were at the store or someplace and had to take out my credit card or some cash you don't have to expose your badge. Its kind of like a condom all your friends call you a fruit for carrying it around but then one day you really need it!

After i just saw this video i'm actually having 2nd thoughts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EE7DHFNV6Y
    This guy has GOT to be Gecko45's brother.

Do you work part time as mall security? Drive an armored golfcart? Have pictures of Paul Blart posted on your walls and mirrors?
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 9th, 2010 at 10:10 AM.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links