Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network LLC - Page 3

Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network LLC

This is a discussion on Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network LLC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another Member here!! For me the winning combo was.. 1, $5,000 for legal start up if your case warrants it. 2. The three DVDs about ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network LLC

Another Member here!!
    For me the winning combo was.. 1, $5,000 for legal start up if your case warrants it. 2. The three DVDs about Legal Use of Deadly Force. Handling The after shooting w/ Massad Ayoob. & The civil & criminal trial stuff. DRY, but very good stuff to review from time to time. 3. Like it's been stated before, having Massad as a expert witness.. I've ordered some books from them. A++.

It's like insurance. Sure it sucks to pay for it. You really don't want to use it. BUT, IF you need it, your glad you have it!!

Well, I am another member. I also like the immediate $5000.00 to get your legal case started up if you have to defend yourself. Add the expert witnessess that are available and the lawyers that have signed on with them from various states that you can choose from and for me, I think it is a good thing. That's just my opinion, but use your own judgement.
    IF YOU STAY READY, YOU AIN'T GOT TO GET READY

Considering that I pay $150 per month for lifr insurance that covers me in case I'm unarmed or lose, that $85 per year sounds pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by coolfrmn View Post
    Another Member here!!
    For me the winning combo was.. 1, $5,000 for legal start up if your case warrants it. 2. The three DVDs about Legal Use of Deadly Force. Handling The after shooting w/ Massad Ayoob. & The civil & criminal trial stuff. DRY, but very good stuff to review from time to time. 3. Like it's been stated before, having Massad as a expert witness.. I've ordered some books from them. A++.

It's like insurance. Sure it sucks to pay for it. You really don't want to use it. BUT, IF you need it, your glad you have it!!
    Wow, and of the two local attorneys that would actually give me a little info over the phone on such a topic before I would make an appointment to meet with them in person to interview them further...$5k would only cover them showing up to questioning (during normal business hours) and maybe arraignment.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    ...IANAL. My opinion only.

Personally, many of the posters here are starting to creep me out: too many armchair pistoleros, Internet Tough Guys (ITGs), Charles Bronson wannabes, ersatz vigilantes, etc.

This site is becoming less about defensive carry, and more about gun nuts waving their ccw in the face of every ne'er-do-well and minority street preson because:

a) they might want to rob you
    b) they're up to no good
    c) I can't read minds, so I'll assume they're trying to kill me
    d) &c.

There is a nice solid line between sensible concealed carry, and actually living your life planning to shoot someone - justified or not. I think several folks here have stepped over that line recently. Paying for "Killin' Insurance" is just one more step.

MadMac - I kind of got that impression of you (RE- your opinion of the other members) from your other posts in other threads, and now you have clarified that here.

DC.com has over 43k members, and less than 10% considered active, and of that 10%, I suspect that we have the same national average of "whackjobs" of less than 1% (percentage of CCW permit holders that screw up) - so maybe 20 members...active posting members, probably fall into that "Gun Nut" category of yours. Most times they are new to CC, and new to the forum and on the learning curve, likely young to boot. So you in turn act very much like the Anti Gunners, and treat everyone here as trigger happy psychopaths just waiting for their chance to spill some blood.

I have also noticed that you have a tendency to over react to peoples posts, especially pertaining to what they may have done in a particular situation, or how one member views another members actions (good/bad - right/wrong) in a particular situation and chain of events, and presume that that is how they would react in every encounter with anybody.

You might want to broaden your gaze of people a bit beyond a few paragraphs posted on the web...Or not, I really don't care. If you don't like what you read here or the people who post it, stop opening up the link. I doubt your harsh critical posts or insinuations will be missed, especially those towards long time well respected members of this forum.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Overreact?

When we have a member posting a big, old smiley face about pulling his ccw on some street person who "may" have tried to reach for his locked ar door handle, and then have a good portion of the posters slapping him on the back for making the guy run off, that's scary to me. There was no "may" about it, nor were my comments made based on suppositions.

I though this was a discussion group, not an experiment in group-think. If you want the discussion to revolve around what "long time well respected" members think, you should close the forum to people who may not share your perspective.

I have been a member from close to the beginning.

They are a very professional group and a really good source of knowledge.

For the cost of a few boxes of ammo, joining is a no brainer.

Capt. Art

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links