Defensive Carry banner

Never realized I was addicted to CC

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  RETSUPT99 
#1 ·
until I retired and had to surrender my CWP from DOE. I had to give up my CWP after retiring from a DOE Phys Security position and file for a new issue Texas CHL.
During my 32 day wait for my new license to arrive I repeatedly caught myself leaving the house with my normal EDC. Since I don't like to leave a gun in an unattended vehicle, this meant I spent the last month with the "jitters" every time I left the house.
Boy do I feel better now that I can carry again. Almost like I'm fully dressed again. :danceban:
I was issued my first CCP as a "Brig Chaser" in Feb 1986 and have kept one current ever since. This has been the longest I've not been 'legal' in 24 years. I never gave much thought to how it would feel to give it up but, man was it a long month.
Doesn't that meet the definition of addicted?

#5 ·
You are as addicted to conceal carry as you are to walking or putting clothes on in the morning. It isn't addiction as much as something you made part of your life, a daily habit of sorts. IMO carrying is something you may have took for granted hence why you thought it is an addiction when you couldn't carry.

#6 ·
You probably felt more like having to cross shark infested waters...without a boat.:yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.