Seized Weapon

This is a discussion on Seized Weapon within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; in my mind, that gun has killed someone and its tainted now. This is convoluted logic. The shooter killed someone, not the gun. The gun ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seized Weapon

1943 - 2009
    in my mind, that gun has killed someone and its tainted now.
    This is convoluted logic. The shooter killed someone, not the gun. The gun is only a tool, an inanimate object. It doesn't have a brain or central nervous system. The gun doesn't possess qualities like sorrow, guilt, remorse or any other human traits, so how can it be "tainted"?

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Post Captain Crunch Just For Your Information. :~)

Bad Ju~Ju ~ Demon Possessed.
    The angry spirit of the deceased victim becomes trapped inside the object which caused his or her destruction & resides in there its only purpose being to curse the owner of the object and befall horrific bad luck and beget great misery and ill health on the person until such person should also wither, shrivel, and die like a rose plucked by the cold maggoty hand of the Grim Reaper.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    All answers already given but yes - the gun is inevitably evidence and could well be held until after the case has gone to court. Getting it back later if you are exhonorated will be down to state and local level policies etc, as to whether sooner or later.

We have to realize that our carry piece has to be in part ''expendable'' - at least for the duration if it is ever used. Some folks use that as a way to justify a cheapie piece so loss is minimal.

I tend to work on the stat's - knowing that I have every chance hopefully of never using mine in anger and so carry what is best for me - even tho in value terms it would be a very unhappy loss.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hello were from the Government, Were here to help you. Now give the nice Policemen your Gun. Sound Familiar?
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Hello were from the Government, Were here to help you. Now give the nice Policemen your Gun. Sound Familiar?
    I shouldnt respond to this ..... but I will ........

Enigmaone , I really hope you never have contact with an actual felony investigation . In point of fact IMHO you need a bit more grounding in reality. Now you do whateaver you want but i will suggest you take / retake a good self defense related training course from about anyone and LISTEN to them . I wont get into a discussion of your issues here ( its inapproprate for the standards set and maintained by this forum ) but please get a bit of training .. Thanks in advance for reading my somewhat long winded response .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Just my 2 cents redneck repairs, no flamimg intended, just a comment.

Moderators, I will yield to your judgement if you feel that my post
    is to inflammatory, by all means please remove it There was no disrespect meant to our LEO community here.

enigmaone I for one will vote to leave your post intact .. It does bring up issues that some may well want/need to look at . I disagree with what you said , but will fight for your right to say it .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Assistant Administrator
    Well - the post is there now and been referenced so it can stand - but it could be taken as offensive by some.

You have though stated no intent for offense so - thank you - that eases things. No further comment needed on that.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thank you Gentlemen.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    And it's also just a gun, life goes on and you can always get it back later....
    never, ever lie to authorites if you are involved in a shooting, you will get caught....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

The way I see it, my CCW piece is a disposable tool ... thats why I don't pack a P7M10 or Korth or a custom 1911 by Larry Vickers.

I expect the weapon to be take as evidence and when I get it back it will likely be a little more scratched up, maybe some rust, and a case number carved into the side of the frame.

Years ago a ******* friend of mine was being a ******* ... he was driving around in his truck drunk and shooting at stop signs and such with his Belgian HiPower (Nazi proofed and all) ... anyway, cop sees him speeding and he runs (*******) and ends up wrecking his truck. While feeling around on the ground for his glasses (where his gun was ... did I mention he's a *******?) he almost got shot.

Anyway, long story short he gets popped for DUI and evading (cops didn't know he was shooting stopsigns). The pistol gets confiscated and he got it back a couple of months later ... rusty and with the case number electropenciled on the frame.

I imagine if my ******* friend would get his gun returned to him that one of you gents in an honest to God self defense shooting would get your's back.

Did I mention he's a *******?

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge
    The way I see it, my CCW piece is a disposable tool ... thats why I don't pack a P7M10 or Korth or a custom 1911 by Larry Vickers.

I expect the weapon to be take as evidence and when I get it back it will likely be a little more scratched up, maybe some rust, and a case number carved into the side of the frame.

Years ago a ******* friend of mine was being a ******* ... he was driving around in his truck drunk and shooting at stop signs and such with his Belgian HiPower (Nazi proofed and all) ... anyway, cop sees him speeding and he runs (*******) and ends up wrecking his truck. While feeling around on the ground for his glasses (where his gun was ... did I mention he's a *******?) he almost got shot.

Anyway, long story short he gets popped for DUI and evading (cops didn't know he was shooting stopsigns). The pistol gets confiscated and he got it back a couple of months later ... rusty and with the case number electropenciled on the frame.

I imagine if my ******* friend would get his gun returned to him that one of you gents in an honest to God self defense shooting would get your's back.

"The name's - Dumas"
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch
    This is convoluted logic. The shooter killed someone, not the gun. The gun is only a tool, an inanimate object. It doesn't have a brain or central nervous system. The gun doesn't possess qualities like sorrow, guilt, remorse or any other human traits, so how can it be "tainted"?
    I began the sentence with "In my mind, the gun is tainted". Indeed, the weapon is an inanimate object, however it was nonetheless the tool used to accomplish the mission. Others may have different logic, and presumably yours differes from mine.

If I ever had to shoot someone to defend my life... indeed I would be grateful that I am still alive. Its kind of a machoesque rationale to shadowbox it and put it on proud display. Perhaps this is just the male tendancy of the situation? Consider this... How many women who are the victim of rape, shadow box the dress they wore, or the nail file they used to bludgen and fend off thier attacker? I bet very few... Most people I know would shed any reminder of that event in the dumpster, buy a new dress that looked nothing like the old one, and place a new nail file in their purse (allbeit a bigger one for replacement). I was just saying that my pistol would be no different in my mind. I just might decide to get the H&K Mark 23 SOCOM instead, but I would not care if the pistol was returned to me or not.

An $800 pistol isnt worth the hassle to me..... convoluted logic? Perhaps, but its my logic.

Zundfolge
    We seem to have some of the same friends , but hey look at the bright side , They are always available to be a strong back and weak mind , besides if you talk to them right they will always " buy the beer " LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links