Spotted one

Spotted one

This is a discussion on Spotted one within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So earlier this evening my wife and I were waiting in line at the coffee counter at a local book store. Over to our right ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotted one

Spotted one

So earlier this evening my wife and I were waiting in line at the coffee counter at a local book store. Over to our right are two guys, waiting for their order. One of them, in a long black coat, was carrying in a shoulder holster. The first time I thought I saw a flash of silver under his coat, and after watching him I saw, for sure, the bottom of his gun. He was carrying in some kind of muzzle-down shoulder holster.

Other than thinking that he should be a little more careful about keeping it concealed it didn't make me think twice. I wonder if I didn't carry if it would have alarmed me. As I do carry I just assumed that, like me, he was a legally armed person just going about his daily life. Maybe it's because he doesn't strike me as the least bit sketchy. In any event it was the opposite of alarming. It sort of made me feel like there was at least one other person in the store with enough sense to carry. This is sort of rambling, but it just struck me how matter of fact and routine that it all seemed to me.

Who cares if he's carrying.....really.
    None of my business.............................unless the SHTF.......then all bets are off.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Personally, I'm hoping that if SHTF, we are on the same side of the fan.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

I see some shoulder holsters this time of year. Mostly deer hunters .

Michael

VIP Member
    For the most part, it's usually a LEO when I see a weapon poorly concealed... but then again, LEO's don't really care if their outed and theres usually a badge next to the gun.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Here in FL, people dust off the shoulder holsters now that we are getting into those two months where you can actually wear a jacket. They aren't used to wearing them and most are cheap. Easy to spot them bulging and printing or being adjusted and shrugged every time someone moves around.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    Here in FL, people dust off the shoulder holsters now that we are getting into those two months where you can actually wear a jacket. They aren't used to wearing them and most are cheap. Easy to spot them bulging and printing or being adjusted and shrugged every time someone moves around.
    So what do people in FL wear when the weather is nice the rest of the year? I use the same IWB rig in the summer as the winter. Our summers get to 100+, and our winters get below zero.

Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post
    Personally, I'm hoping that if SHTF, we are on the same side of the fan.
    LOL!

^^^This^^^
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Depends on which side of the fan he's on :)

A few months ago I was at local post office. I was purchasing a money order to Mrs in order to submit wifes pistol permit. As I glanced around to check out everybody around me. He guy who was behind me in line,steps behind me to step up to the counter to my left When it was his time to pay, he was sliding his hand back to reach into his front right pocket causing his shirt to ride up just enough for me to see he had a Glock 26 IWB at 3:00. Saw it for 2 seconds, He didn't realize that he did it. Nice to know that there were two GG carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    You'll be wearing a jacket down there for the next couple of days. BRRRRRRR!!!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    A few months ago I was at local post office. I was purchasing a money order to Mrs in order to submit wifes pistol permit. As I glanced around to check out everybody around me. He guy who was behind me in line,steps behind me to step up to the counter to my left When it was his time to pay, he was sliding his hand back to reach into his front right pocket causing his shirt to ride up just enough for me to see he had a Glock 26 IWB at 3:00. Saw it for 2 seconds, He didn't realize that he did it. Nice to know that there were two GG carrying.
    I didn't know it was legal to carry in post offices. I've made it a point to lock the gun in the car when I have to go in the post office. Has something changed?

Fitch

As far as I know, it's a federal statute which bars you from carrying in post offices.

From time to time at the Grocery store I run across a fellow who works at the local Gun store / Range that I frequent and where the GS staff open carry.

We both recognize each other and I don't know his name so we just smile and move along. Open Carry is prohibited in the City but it is always reassuring to know that there maybe someone there to cover your six.

I didn't know it was legal to carry in post offices. I've made it a point to lock the gun in the car when I have to go in the post office. Has something changed?
    As far as I know, It is against Postal Code to even have a firearm on the property. Meaning, you have to park in the street in order to be legal. Not that anyone does that.... but thats what they say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links