Another "gotta love options" thread

This is a discussion on Another "gotta love options" thread within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was going to a wedding last night. My daughter was the Maid of honor. As I am getting ready I pull my suit out ...

Thread: Another "gotta love options" thread

I was going to a wedding last night. My daughter was the Maid of honor. As I am getting ready I pull my suit out of the back closet and start to get dressed. When I bought the suit a few years ago I weighed 50 pounds more that I do now. The pants have buttons sewn in for suspenders. They also have belt loops. I need to use the suspenders because the pant are now loose on me. I planned on putting my heavy gun belt on also and carrying my snub nose in my High Noon Tuckable.

Well the belt will not fit through the loops of the pants. The Belt is the Cabela's Double duty. I quickly looked and the only other belt I could find was an old leather belt dress belt that was really thin and really narrow. I figured there is no way this is going to hold the gun securely.

I ended up using it anyways because I hate the fact that the suspenders tend to roll the waistband of the pants over.

I decided that is I was going to carry it would have to be in a different holster. I have a shoulder holster but wasn't sure if I would want to take my jacket off at the reception.

I decided to use my ankle holster instead. This is one of the more comfortable holsters to wear that I own. I also think it is one of the most secure. The gun stays put quite well. I bet I could sprint as far as my 51 year old legs would carry me without worrying about losing the gun.

The holster is a Bianchi Ranger that I bought used off Ebay. It has a wide velcro strap on the bottom and a narrow velcro strap on the top that also wraps around the gun. It has a thumb break and a stiffener in it that goes between your leg and the gun. The bottom edge is contoured to fit down against the ankle bone so it stays put and is really comfortable.

If anyone gets a chance to pick one of these up, don't hesitate. They are great for a Bug.

gotta love those options.... it means that you can carry no matter what you are wearing... just wondering, which snubbie did you bring? Bunker

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    gotta love those options.... it means that you can carry no matter what you are wearing... just wondering, which snubbie did you bring? Bunker
    I have an older, (1979) Charter Arms Undercover in 38 Special. My Glock is new, an early Christmas present so I haven't run enough ammo through it to certify it for concealed carry.

Links