Revolver Carry? - Page 2

Revolver Carry?

This is a discussion on Revolver Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Welcome aboard! As far as the wife goes... I'd ask her what she likes!...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revolver Carry?

VIP Member
    Welcome aboard!

As far as the wife goes... I'd ask her what she likes!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

S&W M&P 340 Big Dot in an Alessi ankle rig for my 'car' gun.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I have a bunch of semis AND a bunch of S&W revolvers.

I often carry one of my J frames (pocket ) , and sometimes a shortbarreled K frame. (IWB)

I feel very safe with 5-6 rounds of 357mag.

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    When I feel the need to go 'wheeled' it's an LCR in the pocket and/or Dan Wesson 2 1/2 inch w/Pachmayr Gripper grip in a Don Hume 721
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

You must have been reading my mind. I usually carry a Rock Island compact .45. With my body build (No butt and expanding belly), I find keeping my pants up and constant chore. I have started wearing suspenders which helps a lot. I have been contemplating a switch to an LCR (357) for CC. The weight savings would make carrying a little easier and I wouldnt feel under gunned with the 5 shot 357 as I dont hang out in trouble spots. plus I really like the simplistic revolver operation. I know my spouse would be pressed to ever use a 1911 which I have 2 for HD.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

SP101 with a 3" barrel IWB crossbreed super tuck. I forget it's there most of the time I'm so used to it and that's how well the crossbreed works.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

I carry a Charter Arms Undercover 38 Special in High Noon Split Decision Holster. I love the holster. High Noon uses a minimal clip that does not have a tang that sticks out under the belt, rather it rolls the end under the belt. I carry it with my shirt tucked in all the time and have never ever been made.

Appendix carry a S&W 442 often in an IWB Size 0 Nylon Blackhawk $12.00 holster. I have other holsters - strangely enough, this one's my favorite. The holster also rides in a pocket better than a Nemesis for me.
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

Two S&W360sc 1-7/8" scandium/titanium .357 snubbies, one in a homemade pocket holster, and the other in a homemade under-the-shirt shoulder holster.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBBL View Post
    Do you carry a revolver? I am thinking about going back to a revolver from semi-auto's. I like that they are simple to use... always work (if you have a decent one) and, the big part for me, the wife can use one with no jack-the-slide type of concerns. I don't know.... maybe I just need to work with her to learn good semi-auto skills?

She shoots my G26, SW642, Single Actions.... maybe just teaching safe semi-auto carry technics would be ok. I also have an LCP I was thinking about having her try out.

I do like revolvers a lot though. I was thinking of carrying a Smith 65 3" or a 2.5" Model 19..... or 66. Possibly even a Ruger sp101.

I am thinking OWB carry. I'm not a fan of IWB, especially with a big cylinder.

So.... for those of you who carry a Revolver... what do you carry, how do you carry and any other thoughts you have on it.

Thanks!

PS. Wife has carry permit but has yet to carry. I want to fix that ASAP!
    I CCW one of 2 Colt snubs from the early 60s - and a Glock at other times. I carry IWB at 4:00 in an Alessi Talon holster. My snubs shoot 6 .38 sp, Buffalo Bore ammo designed for .38 Spl.
    It's easy to just clip the holster on and go. I feel as well protected as with a Glock .45 acp.

VIP Member
    I carry both revolvers and semi-autos. I've gotten away from carrying IWB these days, so it's either pocket carry or OWB. I would highly recommend a MIKA pocket holster for your wheel guns. When carrying OWB I use a Galco Combat Master or Concealable holster. I never feel under gunned when carrying a 5 shot revolver, you shouldn't either...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

First thing my CHL Instructor said in the class was a revolver will fire faster than an auto. I also like the .38 +P ammo which is available pretty much. The problem is, concealed is tough, especially since I am not a big person. Guess we'll stick with the G23 - and with quality ammo and 6 drops of oil, it fires every time, contrary to a reply or two I have read.
    No Worries, Got Glock!
    JD

I have a full sized revolver in my CCW rotation among the semi-autos, and I occasionally carry a small frame snub in .38 or 9mm and sometimes even a little .44spl Charter.

It doesn't have to be black plastic with half a box of ammo in the grip to be effective for SD.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I've been carrying a S&W M19-4 in a Fist #12 OWB holster lately and I love it.
    SCGunLover1

Quote Originally Posted by jsdintexas View Post
    First thing my CHL Instructor said in the class was a revolver will fire faster than an auto.

AFAIK, only the bionic man could fire a revolver faster than an auto. And even he couldn't do it with a Nagant.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links