Revolver Carry? - Page 5

Revolver Carry?

This is a discussion on Revolver Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Model 49 or 642 in my front pocket in a holster......just too easy to carry....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Revolver Carry?

I carry a Model 49 or 642 in my front pocket in a holster......just too easy to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    I have lots of revolvers and my favorite for carry is probably the S&W model 66 snubby, a .357 magnum with stainless finish and Badger boot grips. The gun is reliable and very accurate, with an excellent trigger and easy concealability in a belt scabbard holster. I carry the medium velocity Remington Golden Saber ammo, which is 125 grain with a muzzle velocity close to 1200 fps from a snubby. The contours of the gun and grip allow it to ride very high on the belt with no printing at all. It is heavy enough (32 ounces empty) to handle the recoil of the ammo.

That is one good looking revo!

I started off with the XD in a Minotaur, but found that day in/day out, it's a 642 J Frame in the pocket (with either a Mika or Nemesis pocket holster). I'm becoming more and more of a fan of wheelguns...

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBBL View Post
    Do you carry a revolver? I am thinking about going back to a revolver from semi-auto's. I like that they are simple to use... always work (if you have a decent one) and, the big part for me, the wife can use one with no jack-the-slide type of concerns. I don't know.... maybe I just need to work with her to learn good semi-auto skills?

She shoots my G26, SW642, Single Actions.... maybe just teaching safe semi-auto carry technics would be ok. I also have an LCP I was thinking about having her try out.

I do like revolvers a lot though. I was thinking of carrying a Smith 65 3" or a 2.5" Model 19..... or 66. Possibly even a Ruger sp101.

I am thinking OWB carry. I'm not a fan of IWB, especially with a big cylinder.

So.... for those of you who carry a Revolver... what do you carry, how do you carry and any other thoughts you have on it.

Thanks!

PS. Wife has carry permit but has yet to carry. I want to fix that ASAP!

I have 2 pistols that I carry.

A kel tecp11, and a S&WM&P9c.
    They have always gone BANG.
    If this was such an issue, why would the police and military use and continue to use Auto's for many decades now?

Mine go bang as sonn as I pull the trigger, Just like a revolver.No safeties, decockers or whatnot.( I'm not putting you down if the pistol you use has any of these)

But the main reason I carry these, as opposed to a revolver, is round count. 11 and 12 respectively.
    There is no revolver that can hold that many rounds.
    Will I ever need that many? I don't know, my crystal ball is not working, and I have a deep seated hatred for Mr. Murphy. Of Murphys law. Yeah, that Mr. Murphy
    If that is what your wife is familiar with, then she should go with that platform.
    Mine is and does.
    Can she and my daughters all shoot the auto's. in a pinch, yes.
    would they need more practice before being real comfortable, yes.

You however should carry what YOU are comfortable with.
    If that is an auto, then so be it.

"Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is doing it. Right is right, even if nobody is doing it."
    St. Augustine
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links