Dont call this lawyer!

Dont call this lawyer!

This is a discussion on Dont call this lawyer! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So after I viewed the thread regarding having an attorney ready just in case... i sent out a few e-mails to local law firms inquiring ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dont call this lawyer!

Dont call this lawyer!

So after I viewed the thread regarding having an attorney ready just in case... i sent out a few e-mails to local law firms inquiring about their experience in self defense cases, said I had my CCW and wanted to be prepared etc. It was a very polite and respectful e-mail and I sent it to about ten different firms.

The first response I got was was an e-mail from an Aaron Wolf, an attorney that accidently sent me the e-mail he had intended to send to the law firms owner.

He said "Hey Steve, look at this wacko's inquiry." Obviously trying to forward my e-mail to him. I sent him an e-mail back saying "atleast this wacko knows how to use his e-mail" and then sent one to the owner commenting on how unprofessional and shocking his attorney calling a potential client a wacko was.

Funny to me that a criminal defense attorney would call someone that hadnt comitted a crime yet and was just trying to be prepared a "wacko" seeing as they probably deal with real "wackos" on a daily basis. Just wanted to share in case anyone wanted to know who NOT to call in WA.

The Law Firm of Stephen Hayne- www.theduifirm.com (specializes in dui's and criminal defense)

All the other e-mails i recieved back were very respectful, noting their experience, education, success rates etc . Too bad we cant get this moron in here to realize that people who protect themselves and their families arent wackos.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    That "lawyer" is quite a wacko....

I wonder if you can report him to the bar for that :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjaminm0110
    So after I viewed the thread regarding having an attorney ready just in case... i sent out a few e-mails to local law firms inquiring about their experience in self defense cases, said I had my CCW and wanted to be prepared etc. It was a very polite and respectful e-mail and I sent it to about ten different firms.

The first response I got was was an e-mail from an Aaron Wolf, an attorney that accidently sent me the e-mail he had intended to send to the law firms owner.

He said "Hey Steve, look at this wacko's inquiry." Obviously trying to forward my e-mail to him. I sent him an e-mail back saying "atleast this wacko knows how to use his e-mail" and then sent one to the owner commenting on how unprofessional and shocking his attorney calling a potential client a wacko was.

Funny to me that a criminal defense attorney would call someone that hadnt comitted a crime yet and was just trying to be prepared a "wacko" seeing as they probably deal with real "wackos" on a daily basis. Just wanted to share in case anyone wanted to know who NOT to call in WA.

The Law Firm of Stephen Hayne- www.theduifirm.com (specializes in dui's and criminal defense)

All the other e-mails i recieved back were very respectful, noting their experience, education, success rates etc . Too bad we cant get this moron in here to realize that people who protect themselves and their families arent wackos.

VIP Member
    theduifirm.com
    Sounds like one of those outfits with the REAL bad late night TV commercials
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I wonder if you can report him to the bar for that :D
    Quote:
    Imho only if the firm is defending a gun case ... attnys have a right to opinions on the 2nd too ..

I am not a lawyer tho and have not passed the bar in any state .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    Imho only if the firm is defending a gun case ... attnys have a right to opinions on the 2nd too ..

I am not a lawyer tho and have not passed the bar in any state .
    Actually I'm looking at it from a professional standard point of view and unless I'm mistaken the lawyers have some sort of a code of ethics that they need to stick to which this might have violated.

Just got a response back from the head attorney-

Dear Mr. Thompson,

I am very distressed over the legitimate concerns you express in your email and apologize for the lack of respect shown you by Mr. Wolff. It is obviously not appropriate to describe anyone inquiring about our firm’s services in disparaging terms, and I will certainly follow up on your complaint. I would appreciate it if you would forward the email to me at your earliest convenience and will get back in touch with you immediately after I have had a chance to review it and discuss it with Mr. Wolff.

Sincerely,

Steve Hayne

Benjaminm0110- This he's trying to cover his Rear eh?

nless I'm mistaken the lawyers have some sort of a code of ethics that they need to stick to
    True , Is he an idiot , well yes lol as are many who go before the bar ... But unless he is actively involved in a case regarding the issue any statement public , priveate ( or even private by his own stupidity made public ) is only his opinion , by being an attorney you dont divorce yourself from your opinions . You agree to practice law .. and imho this firm would no way get any of my money or calls ( the idiot felt confident in the partners opinion to lable the email as "wacko's inquiry" You can bet your bottem dollar this is not the firm you want for any gun issue ... just walk away ... not folks you want to deal with as a firm
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

VIP Member
    Thanks for posting his follow-up e-mail, Benjamin
    I have a feeling you are about to witness a truly professional backstroke

and will get back in touch with you immediately after I have had a chance to review it and discuss it with Mr. Wolff.
    I suspect Mr. Wolff is in for an interesting afternoon
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Looks like someone's about to get taken out behind the woodshed...

Mr. Wolff.
    screwed up and i am confident the partners will address this by making him drink stop and rob coffee rather than the starbucks lattee at the meeting ... well shuckey darn color me cynical but its about the $$ and the " rainmakers " dont see the issue as an issue or he would not have been confident to phrase the email that way ... guys just dont use that firm .. that is all i can say that means anything .

I suspect Mr. Wolff will see a "bar" soon...drowning his sorrows as his ass heals!

I sent one back thanking him for his timely response and forwarded the "wacko" e-mail to him. This is what he sent back.

Dear Mr. Thompson,

The email speaks for itself and there isn't any need for me to discuss it with Mr. Wolff before apologizing on his and our firm's behalf.
    It was unacceptable and corrective measures will be taken to ensure it doesn't happen again. In Mr. Wolff's defense, I can only say that he is young and occasionally prone to flippancy too common among young people. I am sure he will be very distressed when he learns of his egregious mistake.
    I am also confident he will want to contact you personally to apologize for his poor judgment. If I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Steve Hayne

Benjaminm0110- Still havent gotten anything from the ***hole. Oh well, just wont be getting any of my business. All you can do i guess.

yeah sure he will be getting talked to i wouldn't hold my breath

lol IMHO and only IMHO
    olor me cynical but its about the $$ and the " rainmakers " dont see the issue as an issue or he would not have been confident to phrase the email that way
    now in his apology if its made , he is welcome to come on the board and explain just exacly why he phrased the title line as he did , I may have no use for this little pup , but if he would explain his screwup i would respect him for having an opinion anyway lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links