I need a concealed carry recommendation

This is a discussion on I need a concealed carry recommendation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi All: I conceal carry a G26. I love the firearm. It shoots well, reliable....you know all this already. BUT...I want to get something that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a concealed carry recommendation

Hi All: I conceal carry a G26. I love the firearm. It shoots well, reliable....you know all this already. BUT...I want to get something that is a bit easier to deep conceal. I jus took a job in a nasty part of the city and would like to go for deep concealment.

I am not a caliber snob, but I would like a minimum of a .380, PREFERABLY a minimum of a 9mm.

Please let me know.

One more thing.....I live in MA......so some guns may not be on the "approved" list.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    J-frame perhaps?

Ruger LCR .357 or .38
    Kahr PM 9 9mm
    Keltec PF 9 9mm
    Walther PPS 9MM
    S&W J Frame .357 or .38
    Model 1911 Commander .45
    Glock 36 .45

here is a good comparison on thee that I mentioned

http://www.gunblast.com/Kahr-PM9.htm

Ruger LCR .357 or .38 your choice.
    Kahr PM9 9mm
    Kahr CW9 9mm
    S&W J Frame .357 or .38 (Mod 60 .38 is good)
    Ruger LCP .380 (pocket gun)
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by johniac7078 View Post
    Hi All: I conceal carry a G26. I love the firearm. It shoots well, reliable....you know all this already. BUT...I want to get something that is a bit easier to deep conceal. I just took a job in a nasty part of the city and would like to go for deep concealment.

I am not a caliber snob, but I would like a minimum of a .380, PREFERABLY a minimum of a 9mm.

Please let me know.

One more thing.....I live in MA......so some guns may not be on the "approved" list.
    So how is it you're thinking of something other than the G26 for "deep concealment"? IMO....you're searching for another pistol when you could be thinking of gear and placement. If you like your G26 for carry, why change? IMO...find something that supports it for your needs. Holsters, methods and means, and working with what you've got will be more cost effective than switching calibers, pistols, etc....... To me, my appendix carry G27 and Remora holster fit's my criteria of 'deep concealment'. Maybe I don't know how much deeper I could get. IMO...don't dig yourself a hole.

I put my Glock-26 in this... http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/41.htm
    Comfortable, concealed, and easy to draw...OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Your link didn't show up Ret. http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/41.htm
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Your best bet is a J Frame revolver, a sub-compact 9mm pistol or a .380ACP pistol. Here are my recommendations for each type of handgun:

J-Frame Revolver
    • Ruger LCR .357 Magnum
    • S&W 442 .38+P

Sub-Compact 9mm
    • Walther PPS 9mm
    • Kahr PM9 9mm
    • Kel-Tec PF9 9mm

.380ACP Pistol
    • Ruger LCP .380 ACP
    • Kel-Tec P-3AT
    • S&W Bodgyuard .380ACP

Seeing that you already have a Glock 26 and that it is similar in size to the sub-compact pistols listed above close to the size of an Airweight J-Frame revolver, then I think that you need something VERY small since you are looking for deep concealment. Therefore, I recommend you look at the Ruger LCP .380 or the Kel-Tec P-3AT. You can throw any of those two guns inside a pocket holster with whatever business attire you have and nobody will notice that you are packing. An Airweight revolver is very light and easy to conceal in a pocket, but the cylinder makes it print more than a .380 Pistol.

Another option is for you to get a better holster for your Glock 26 such as a Crossbreed Supertuck with "V-Clips" which can help you to deep conceal your pistol inside the waistband and then you can just tuck your shirt over it. I think this is the first option you should explore. If that doesn't work for you, then go take a look at the .380 pistols listed above.

Here's a review of the Crossbreed Supertuck

Here's an example of someone concealing a sub-compact pistol without and with their shirt tucked in

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

VIP Member
    Soon to be released Sig 290?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Good link! SOB will be mainly for my full size pistols. Options are always good....deep concealment is another story.
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Kel-Tec P3AT in a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster or a Rohrbaugh 9mm in pocket holster.

Deep concealment . Diamondback .380
    P18162748.jpg With High Noon Pocket Pal holster.

P18163004.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I too daily carry a G26 IWB jeans and suits. I recently got a Kahr PM9 with a bellyband and love that combo!
    NRA Member GOAL Member
    Glock 26
    Glock 27
    Sig Sauer 226
    Beretta 21 .25
    S&W1911

VIP Member
    I was going to recommend a CZ82, 9mm Makarov, but NO CZ are on the 2010 approved list. I'd be in trouble if I had to move to MA, there wasn't a make on the list that I own except a Ruger Mark II .22! Even my Dan Wesson CBOB is not listed as an approved gun.

I'll go along with those who recommended the Kahr 9mm.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Now that the Kahr PM9 has been made Mass. legal that is what I use when I cant carry my regular carry. I prefer to stick with a 1911 style when I can though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links