Georgia Opinion

Georgia Opinion

This is a discussion on Georgia Opinion within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Going to a GA state park for Christmas family reunion and renting cabins. Been reading thru the laws ( I have a TN permit) on ...

Thread: Georgia Opinion

Georgia Opinion

Going to a GA state park for Christmas family reunion and renting cabins. Been reading thru the laws ( I have a TN permit) on handgunlaw.us.

I think that I'm good except one concern:

"Title 16, Chapter 11, Section 126
    (c) This Code section shall not permit, outside of his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business, the concealed carrying of a pistol, revolver, or concealable firearm by any person unless that person has on his or her person a valid license issued under Code Section 16-11-129 and the pistol, revolver, or firearm may only be carried in a shoulder holster, waist belt holster, any other holster, hipgrip, or any other similar device, in which event the weapon may be concealed by the person's clothing, or a handbag, purse, attache case, briefcase, or other closed container. Carrying on the person in a concealed manner other than as provided in this subsection shall not be permitted and shall be a violation of this Code section."

I'm pretty sure that the "any other holster," will cover my pocket holster.
    Any one know different?

This looks like they intend the common sense idea that a gun should be in a holster. And not looking to restrict the kind of holster, but then why mention "shoulder holster, waist belt holster" higrip (what's that?) and not just say a holster that covers the trigger and secures the gun. I'd never make it as a lawyer. And the wording makes me paranoid that there is a "GOT YA" buried in the section.

Also the attention to "concealed" here bothers me; how is Georgia on printing or accidentally revealed?

VIP Member
    "Title 16, Chapter 11, Section 126
    (c) This Code section shall not permit, outside of his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business, the concealed carrying of a pistol, revolver, or concealable firearm by any person unless that person has on his or her person a valid license issued under Code Section 16-11-129 and the pistol, revolver, or firearm may only be carried in a shoulder holster, waist belt holster, any other holster, hipgrip, or any other similar device, in which event the weapon may be concealed by the person's clothing, or a handbag, purse, attache case, briefcase, or other closed container. Carrying on the person in a concealed manner other than as provided in this subsection shall not be permitted and shall be a violation of this Code section."
    That should cover your pocket holster.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

You're citing out of date laws. SB 308 did away with the need for having a holster June of this year.

GeorgiaPacking.org has a forum for you to post in about the legality of carrying in certain places, specifically the section of the forum located here.

Yeah, came here to say what Sleipnir said. Holsters are no longer required. Also, printing or accidental reveal doesn't matter as open carry is legal here.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

The intent is to have the gun concealed. A pocket holster does that by breaking up the outline of the gun. We are going out to dinner in a while and I will pocket carry my Smith 642.
    I don't want to get into a p***ing match here with the open carry avocates, but I prefer not to have others know I have it.

Wow. Thanks. No longer have any concerns. Ga appears to be a top notch 2end amendment state.

Links