Encouraging the wives

Encouraging the wives

This is a discussion on Encouraging the wives within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A group of us Texicans who all have CHLs and carry were sitting around the fire and swapping stories and we all decided our wives ...

Thread: Encouraging the wives

Encouraging the wives

A group of us Texicans who all have CHLs and carry were sitting around the fire and swapping stories and we all decided our wives and a few of the guys present needed CHLs. We worked on them about a month and at our next monthly cooking/camping/storytelling weekend, 4 of them committed. Our preferred instructor did not have a December class date available, so I called him--he only lives about 3 miles from the house. He set up a class for these wives and 7 of our male friends. Another friend/husband has a private classroom where he teaches safety classes and we used it and the instructors range at his home. This became our own private class.

The girls and guys completed the course yesterday and a bunch of paperwork will be heading to Austin shortly. Was a good day all around as the classroom owner cooked a Dutch oven lunch for the class.

The only drawback to this was that pre-course when I took the wife lady to our range to practice with a M&P 9c, she outshot me. She scored 248 out of 250 on her target for the course. She has been shooting all of our 43 years of marriage and our first Christmas together, she request her own .22 rifle for her gift.

If anyone needs an instructor in the NE Texas area, Call David Frick at Troup, Texas (16 miles south of Tyler) His classes are linked to Rose City Flying Clays.com. Dave is a good guy, good instructor and friend. He does fingerprints and photos where your application is ready for DPS at the end of the day and is reasonable also.

I feel good--we added 11 more prepared citizens to the pool.

That sounds like a great day....If I was still at Barksdale, I would make the trip....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

drw
    I need to sign my wife up for a class, she wants to get her p2c.

Nice job on introducing more to the world of CHL.
    I just wish I had enough CHL buddies to have that monthly BBQ.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
    Ted Nugent

I needed to read the thread. From the title, I assumed you had more than one.

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    Kudos on the class and also on the wife requesting a .22 rifle during your first Christmas together! When my wife and I got married in October, just a few months ago, she already had the whole .22 thing down-pat, but she did request a small .38 Special so she could familiarize herself with it and begin to carry it. In the state of Montana, a permit is not needed to carry in a fanny-pack, purse or other such bag as it is considered luggage and is not considered 'on your person' so the wife carries in her purse. We shoot constantly and she never seems to amaze me with her skill and her desire to continually go out shooting, even when we have just a short time between "to-do's" on our list.
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    congrata
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

A group of us get together on the first Saturday of every month and camp, visit and cook in Dutch ovens. A majority of the 50 or so families that participate, also shoot and a majority carry. Everyone does not show up all the time but we put from 40 up to 120 black pots of food on the tables for Saturday noon and feed a couple hundred old friends and potential new friends. Then we have a "range gun powder therapy" day sometimes during the month at our family range. This is the group we produced students for the CHL class last Saturday.

A great excuse to be outdoors camping, visiting around the fire and eating great food. For is it is fun, food and fellowship. We are blessed to live in a free nation where we are able to enjoy these freedoms.
    Bear

good show ...
    O. D. A. T.

To answer Mad Mac about having more than one wife--not this fellow. I dearly love the one I have, but don't think I want more than one at my age, it would put me in mental hospital.

Links