Talk with Pastor - Page 4

Talk with Pastor

This is a discussion on Talk with Pastor within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Also, depending on the denomination of a church, the pastor may not agree to carrying in church due to a decision made higher then him....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Talk with Pastor

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Also, depending on the denomination of a church, the pastor may not agree to carrying in church due to a decision made higher then him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    As a real question it's way off topic and yes, it is ironic isn't it?
    I don't think it is, but since we can't discuss religion here (against the rules) PM me if you want me to explain my thinking.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

In OH, carrying in places of worship is illegal. The exception (or loophole) is getting the permission of the church OR senior minister.
    Since my dad's the pro-2A senior minister, I've got it covered!!
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Don't need permission in Alabama. I CC in Church. Pastor does know it - he's my brother in law & except for when he's in the pulpit he CC's also.
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by babyhulk View Post
    In OH, carrying in places of worship is illegal. The exception (or loophole) is getting the permission of the church OR senior minister.
    Since my dad's the pro-2A senior minister, I've got it covered!!
    Good planning.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by strider777 View Post
    Remember, it is often better to ask forgiveness than permission (& don't try to apply that idea to the Lord's commandments!).
    +1 !

I live in MS, and the "law" says you can't carry in a Church with a CWP.

Since I didn't have one, I had no qualms in carrying when my preacher asked several of us to.
    The Church is on PRIVATE property.... it belongs to preacher.

Our "carry" is with permission of the "landowner".

Don't need permission here and I haven't asked for it. I know of at least one other person who carries and there are likely a couple others as we have several police officers in the congregation.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Why do you need a gun when your in the house of God? Shouldn't an all powerful omnipotent God take care of those who worship him?
    Excellent point. Can't we not just pray for the Lords protection? I seem to recall reading that God is omnipotent in the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    It depends on which religion one practices, but it's not ironic at all for either Christians or Jews.
    Or Muslims. Many Mosques and Muslims have been targeted by bigots as of late. My neighbors are Pakistani and their house was vandalized after 9/11, as well as a few friends were physically assaulted in broad daylight years after 9/11 for being Muslim. And don't forget Baruch Goldstein (may he burn in hell) and his terrorist attack.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Excellent point. Can't we not just pray for the Lords protection? I seem to recall reading that God is omnipotent in the Bible.
    Peter was packing with weapon of the day. Short Sword. Used it to cut off Roman's ear when they came for Jesus. God has often advised his people to take up their weapons for protection or war.

Passage 1 Samuel 25:13:
    13And David said unto his men, Gird ye on every man his sword. And they girded on every man his sword; and David also girded on his sword: and there went up after David about four hundred men; and two hundred abode by the stuff.

I'm a Christian and I have my weapon of the day anywhere I go & God is with me. Got me through my time in Iraq and still with me here.....
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    1. Yes, we can.
    2. Often, God requires us to use our God-given brains.

"...endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights, among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness..."
    God gave 'em. He quite often expects us to do our part in keeping 'em.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    I live in Arizona and my particular church is full of LEO’s and guys like us. May the Lord have mercy on the idiot that try’s anything in our church.
    Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.
    ~ Stephen King

As with ak56, I live in Washington and I also CCW in church. This day and age, you never know what will happen anywhere. As someone sagely said, "It is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it". This includes times of communal worship.

And I most certainly hope the states which currently outlaw carry in places of worship repeal those laws!!!!!!!
    Four Rugers, three SIG Sauers; my SP101 3-1/16" .357 is shown in my avatar. I like reliability.

Even if you were getting divine protection in the church, you certainly don't teleport home. In the states that don't allow carry in church, many of them allow for armed security in said church. That still doesn't account for the restaurant you go to on your way home, or even the drive itself.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links