I thought I got made todayat Wally's World but......

This is a discussion on I thought I got made todayat Wally's World but...... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in Wally's World, and I had one of their handbaskets with 8 small items in it. I was in line at the cash ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought I got made todayat Wally's World but......

I was in Wally's World, and I had one of their handbaskets with 8 small items in it. I was in line at the cash register. There was a couple with 2 small boys behind me, and I heard the man say "Look at what he has". I turn around and saw him pointing to my folding knife clipped in my front right pocket. The knife has a tall and thick blade suitable for using it as a work knife. Something like a Buck 110. I hate box cutters for doing real work) I said: " I install and set up sound systems and use it in my work to cut open boxes and cut ropes to length". The man said "Oh.." and shut up.
    However, just above the knife under my baggy golf shirt was my cell phone in a belt clip at 3 oclock and and my Smith 642 in a Galco IWB holster at 3:30. Obviously it conceals well
    I would guess that probably 15% of the customers were also carrying concealed.

"I use it to scalp small children" hahaha that guy was a dork.

I will name the clown that made the comment to you. Hence forth BOZO!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Would have been funnier if the kid says look dad, he has a knife, you should show him the gun on your hip.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    The guy probably would have passed out if it were me and he knew what I carry in the cargo pocket of my uniform BDU's. I carry a nice Cold Steel Kobun.

You think as many as 15% of the customers were carrying guns? That's a pretty high percentage. How many guns did you spot?

In my county there are 23,000 residents yet only about 440 ccw holders. About 2% of the population.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Here in AZ, with no permit necessary to carry concealed, the ratio of existing permit holders to population won't be relevant. Always be polite, grandma's got a snubbie tucked in her purse...

I'm curious how you figured 15% were carrying, also. And why it has relevance on the knucklehead's comment.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You think as many as 15% of the customers were carrying guns? That's a pretty high percentage. How many guns did you spot?

In my county there are 23,000 residents yet only about 440 ccw holders. About 2% of the population.
    Then you also have to factor in how many of that 2% really carry. When I smacked a deer last fall the police officer that took the report said that I was one of the rare ones that have a CPL and carry.

He said that it seams kind of pointless to go through the hassle of a CPL and not carry a gun. I agreed with him
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Depends on how the man said it..... I've pointed out knifes someone had on them, and they acted a bit defensive, when I was only pointing out what a nice knife it was.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    Then you also have to factor in how many of that 2% really carry. When I smacked a deer last fall the police officer that took the report said that I was one of the rare ones that have a CPL and carry.

He said that it seams kind of pointless to go through the hassle of a CPL and not carry a gun. I agreed with him
    I agree, I already know of two who went through the ccw class with me and my wife who already let their permits lapse. I don't think they carried one time. Not even sure why they got it. They own a pest control business and they originally said they considered it because they are constantly going into strange peoples houses and frequently come across drug activity, but they also have a contract on an Air Force Base, so they can't even go onto the post with the guns. It would be way too inconvenient to go back to the shop just to drop off guns every time they went on the Air Base. They didn't see the need to carry when they are not working. Like a bad thing would only happen when they were at work. Go figure...
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I always thought that before you enter the base, you can check your guns at the gate.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I always thought that before you enter the base, you can check your guns at the gate.
    I wish such a policy existed. I don't think any base commander would want to be responsible for operating a weapons storage facility like that.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Not a chance.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

As stated previously... no way in hell. Besides, do you really want a 18-19 year old bored out of his mind playing with your gun until you get back? I don't know how many windows in guard shacks have been replaced because someone got bored and decided to practice quick drawing his Beretta...
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links