Kind of Comforting...

Kind of Comforting...

This is a discussion on Kind of Comforting... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On Sunday's I'm one of the sound tech guys at church, many times I have told the Pastor when he forgets to shut of his ...

Thread: Kind of Comforting...

Cool Kind of Comforting...

On Sunday's I'm one of the sound tech guys at church, many times I have told the Pastor when he forgets to shut of his mike "don't worry I've got your back" (helps keep his chit chat out of the sound system). Several years back I also got on the board years ago so I could get permission to CC there..

Today my daughter on leave from the army headed over to the county offices to renew her CCW and bumped into our pastor and his oldest son there. Bumped into them again while she was over getting her fingerprints.

So curious I asked him what he was up to. He related how he had gotten a gift for Christmas from his son and were here to "take care of it". thinking there are a very finite amount reasons that could cover, so I said,"Oh what did you get" some what reluctantly he answered that his son had given him a 9MM, a Glock like he had when he was a Chaplin for the police force, and needed to get it registered.

Me I go COOL and through our conversation I slide back my coat to show him the HK that is my constant companion, spare mags, n TLR-2. More chit chat and I tell him "when I say at church I have your back at church, I mean I really have your back." to wich he replies "I've known that for some time, and actually find it kind of comforting".

Only down side is he retires in a few months, now I have to break in a new pastor.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Armed in a "county" building?

Not all state laws are the same.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Eh, just make sure that your new guy is 2A friendly! I know a LOT of pastors who carry, myself among them. So find a guy who takes Luke 22:36 seriously. :)
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

3D
    SheldonJ
    I like your pastor.
    Although 'off-topic' , I would appreciate knowing your holster preference for that HK. I'm in process of finding concealed carry holster for new HK45.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Comfort is one of the primary reasons for concealed carry. We live in a world populated by many who would do us harm, so we take reasonable precautions.

I don't carry homeowners' insurance because I want my house to burn down. I don't carry automobile insurance because I want to be in an accident. I don't carry a handgun because I want to be in a gun fight. I just figure that it is better to have these things, even when they are not needed, than to need them and not have them.

Best regards.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Several years back I also got on the board years ago so I could get permission to CC there.......
    Do you need permission from the Board or Being on the Board allow you to carry there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Only down side is he retires in a few months, now I have to break in a new pastor.....
    Does the old pastor have a say on the hiring process of the replacement?

MI law states that places of worship are off limits to our CCW unless you have permission from the church, my way in was though the board so I joined the group, however you can still legally OC with out their blessings if you have a valid MI CPL.

Pancake strong side by Dillion leather....

Also county buildings are OK as long as it is not a court house.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Links