Help!!

This is a discussion on Help!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A female coworker of mine is getting her pistol permit here in NYS. She is interested in keeping herself safe at her home, and having ...

Thread: Help!!

Help!!

A female coworker of mine is getting her pistol permit here in NYS. She is interested in keeping herself safe at her home, and having options other than just dialing 911 and waiting for the calvary. There was a murder three blocks from her home a few weeks ago at 5:30 in the afternoon!!! She is not convinced that she would need to carry outside of her home, and need a little encouragement. Could anyone recommend some good videos on youtube for her to watch concerning why to conceal carry? I remember seeing a video once which had a retired police officer explaining why you should conceal carry, and even had a 911 call where you could hear a woman getting murdered. I dont want to scare my co-worker and make her paranoid, but i do want to "open" her eyes a little. Thanks for any help. Bunker

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Not sure the ‘Red Asphalt’ technique is the right approach. Perhaps you could provide her with links to ‘limatunes’ or ‘corneredcat’ web/blogs. They are just two of many fine female shooters who arrange information in a way that only another gun toting woman can appreciate. Here are just two links of their sources.

http://www.youtube.com/user/limalife
    http://corneredcat.com/
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

As a lady working with the public I had encounted hairy situations more than once. Finally told my husband no matter what you decide I'm obtaining my ccl ....was not until my daughter and I were traveling for summer softball (husband and son were doing the travel baseball thing in another city/state) and we were on the high alert a couple times in one weekend and this happened to be in a familiar place we have played ball prior. Other persons in the McD's restaurant were equally scared and on high alert. I know I have mentioned the details in prior posts but I will never be without my edc again. Hopefully my daughter will never have to be in that situation again but WE have a plan and are NOW fully educated and ready to handle should shtf. Dependent on where we go I may even oc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Not sure the ‘Red Asphalt’ technique is the right approach. Perhaps you could provide her with links to ‘limatunes’ or ‘corneredcat’ web/blogs. They are just two of many fine female shooters who arrange information in a way that only another gun toting woman can appreciate. Here are just two links of their sources.

http://www.youtube.com/user/limalife
    http://corneredcat.com/
    either of those two sites are great resources and will probably do a better job than scare tactics.

I think Lima does a great job of getting the point across. She has video fromeverything on style of dress to how to go to the bathroom.

Also I have not seen PAX on the site for awhile. she too has great info (Cornered Cat)

Being timid about carrying a gun, if you are new to guns, sounds normal. I would introduce her to some sources like the ones listed above and let her move at her own pace.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Links