Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service

This is a discussion on Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Update: The message changed from Wednesday to Friday (today). The automatic message now says: "Your license has been issued, printed, mailed." Again that's for Florida. ...

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service

Update: The message changed from Wednesday to Friday (today). The automatic message now says: "Your license has been issued, printed, mailed." Again that's for Florida. Just in case anyone who was applying was wondering if that updated on their answering machine. Today was FOUR WEEKS approximately to the day.--Derek J.

2. Remove Ads

Well I finally mailed out my stuff to Florida today. Should be interesting to see what happens.

*Currently stationed in Charleston SC
    *Have a Florida drivers license with a SC address on it (called in to get a new DL since my old one expired in November when I deploy. Lady said I could just put my SC address on my FL drivers license)
    * Got my finger prints done here at city hall
    *got paper work notarized on base
    *Sent them the finger print cards, paper work, copies of both my military ID and drivers license and 2 "passport style" photographs.

Im interested to see what happens, if they send me a FL non resident permit since my FL drivers license has a SC address. Im still technically a FL resident according to my LES but im not too confident with the intelligence of government workers.

Went to Florida office to turn in my CCP application. The supervisor suggested that I should apply online instead of submitting hard copy. She said the process would be much quicker. It was. Got my CCP within 2 weeks. Happy with service.

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by 55233 View Post
    Getting my permit was really smooth. I received my permit in 9 days. Service was great. I was really impressed with the whole process. It is, to me a great privilage to carry a weapon. Dont hesitate, get it done.

You'll feel privileged to be able to protect yourself, your family & your fellow citizens, (one of the few), but never forget for a moment that it's your 2nd Amendment right to carry a firearm.

Congratulations on your decision!
    Last edited by GH; August 2nd, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Jollymann and bigmacque like this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post

You'll feel privileged to be able to protect yourself, your family & your fellow citizens, (one of the few), but never forget for a moment that it's your 2nd Amendment right to carry a firearm.

Congratulations fon your decision!
    I say this kind of thing over and over like I'm beating my head into a wall. It is not a privilege, great or otherwise. It is a right, which is fundamental and guaranteed! Too many people who get permits, and appreciate the permitting system in their state, seem to have never learned that, or have plainly forgotten it.

A few specific lines about my thinking.

Permitting systems for Concealed Carry are an infringement, based on the documentation, delays, taxing, and the inherent permission involved where you are asking to have use of your right to bear arms particularly.

Permitting systems with “Shall Issue” are the better ones, where it can be argued that since it is a right, you shall get your Concealed Carry License if you submit to our requirements. Even with the best permitting systems, like in Florida, Texas, Utah, etc. it still is state infringement.

Regardless of these assertions, I now have a License to Conceal Carry from Florida. I detest the notion of having to get a permit or a license to utilize my rights in other states outside of Constitutional Carry Arizona, but I recognize the utility of not having to break gun laws in other western states. Understanding of course that there is nothing to help for California, Nevada being a state with good gun laws even without a valid CC permit, and others like NM, TX, OK, being accepting of the Florida License.

I have very strong ideas about all of this and therefore philosophical conflicts with having a CC License or Permit. If someone has a strong belief in the Second Amendment there ought to times where there is this philosophical conflict if you get a state permit or license to Conceal Carry. Also the same if you believe in various recent (since 1968) gun control restrictions which deny rights on the basis of public safety. But that is a different discussion.

DMJ

I mailed mine on 7/27 . I called the automated # today it says received and being processed. I sent a money order and electronic prints.
    I have a couple friends who did the same and turn around was 3 weeks.

Mailed my paperwork out July 27. August 4th I was notified by the mail that they signed for my paperwork on the 1st. Today the check cleared. Hopefully this is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
    Mailed my paperwork out July 27. August 4th I was notified by the mail that they signed for my paperwork on the 1st. Today the check cleared. Hopefully this is good news.
    For both of the last two guys who mailed off on 7-27. Mine was recieved by them on about 6-27, since they cashed the check then. It was a month and five days from that day, when I got the license in the mail. Also they said it was in the mail a month to they day after they got it, although they did not actually post it until a couple of days after that.

So since that's recent, that gives you a better time frame. Just FYI.

Derek J.

Mailed 6/26
    Check cashed 7/4
    Processing voicemail 7/10..ish
    Issued and mailed 8/1
    Received 8/4

Just received mine, there's a to Elaine for reference.
    Also OP congrats!
    Jollymann likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Koukimonsta View Post
    Mailed 6/26
    Check cashed 7/4
    Processing voicemail 7/10..ish
    Issued and mailed 8/1
    Received 8/4

Just received mine, there's a to Elaine for reference.
    Also OP congrats!
    That adds up rightly. Looks like exactly four days longer than mine took, since I got my card on Aug 1.--D.J.

Jollymann-Sorry I haven't been around to answer any questions my computer took a crap on me, and I just got it working again, the message never changed for me, it just said "being processed"

The phone message still says received and being processed. Hope to get it soon

Don

I recently got mine here in FL as well. It took a week to get into the appointment at the regional office and 14 days later my license was in my mailbox. It was a great experience.

CCW Coming Soon?

I sent my application in on 07-20-2012, Nothing yet. I'm at 48 days so I'm guessing it should be some time soon!

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Not sure what to tell you there Kramer; mine took 7 days from mail out to received in the mail.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Links