Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service

This is a discussion on Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by fastk9dad That's how long my FL permit took as well. The only permit I got faster was PA (from Centre County). I ...

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    That's how long my FL permit took as well. The only permit I got faster was PA (from Centre County).
    I e-mailed Denny Nau and told him I was going to be in PA for a funeral in two weeks. He replied back within an hour and forwarded it to his office staff with a request to put my application on top. I mailed the application the same day and had a PA nonresident permit six days later.
    Hakkaa päälle!

2. Remove Ads

7 Days? 7? Maybe my mailman hates me....

Still waiting... i talked to my buddy back in Florida and he said there is almost a 2 month waiting period.

Slidewayz240 >>>>----------> I Have no idea what they will issue you.
    You mailed about a week after me so I am interested to see if yours or mine comes first.
    It feels like every person in Florida is getting a permit.

Question for all: My Wife works for Publix. A few weeks ago a purse was left in a cart in the parking lot
    (Happens more than you would believe). In the purse was a pistol, but when they looked for I.D.
    To contact the owner there was a carry permit. Question is, They had to call the Sheriff because the woman
    did not respond to there telephone calls. Would this be a reason to have your permit revoked?

That is good timing. I was considering applying for a non-res there as I am from MA and have family there that I travel to visit. I recently had a similar experience when I applied to RI as well whereas the issue time was less than 3 weeks.

I took the CCP Class, fingerprinted, cut a check on 31 Jul, check cleared 8 Aug, I'm still waiting... Checking the mail every day! ***Drums fingers on Table***

I saw online on Florida Dept of Agriculture website, that it is currently taking approx 6 weeks... that is about where I am now, a little over 5 weeks.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    I took the CCP Class, fingerprinted, cut a check on 31 Jul, check cleared 8 Aug, I'm still waiting... Checking the mail every day! ***Drums fingers on Table***

I saw online on Florida Dept of Agriculture website, that it is currently taking approx 6 weeks... that is about where I am now, a little over 5 weeks.

I completed my application at the Jacksonville office in August and had my license in two weeks. Good luck.

I applied for my CWP in person at the Miami regional office on 8/28/12. My permit says it was issued on 9/4/12 and I received it in the mail on 9/8/12. I had to bring ID, training certificate and $112 cashier's check. They did everything else there.

At this point I wish I had gone to Tampa (About 70 Miles South of me) and just done it there.
    I am at 60 Days since I mailed mine. I am prior service so I could have used my DD214 but did a class and submitted it that way. It's making me wonder if they did my background check, saw that I was Prior Service (Honorable Discharge) and have "Questions" as to why I didn't just go that rout.
    Answer is, Its been 29 years since my discharge and my wife wanted me to refresh! (I learned nothing new in class, but it made her feel better). I'm good with that.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    What they look for on the DD-214 is Markmanship awards--the proof of firearms training. They aren't particularly concerned about the level of discharge.

That's what I used for my CWFL. Of course it was A.F. training, which generally means you can hit the ground at 50 paces with a .38 S&W and a M-16 with .22 LR adapter (Yeah, that's what they used on us back in the day). I tried to explain to them that all bullets (unless lodged in a tree or something) will hit the ground eventually. All that accomplished was another trip to the range on the A.F. nickel. I qualified as expert in rifle and pistol, but that only means I didn't miss enough not to.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

My "Packet" was opened and information entered on September 17th... If this is anything like the Army my permit will make a nice Christmas Present.
    In 1980 we were using M-16's with full auto and standard ammunition. It was several years later in the Army they started using the .22 Caliber adapters.

I had an appointment at the Tampa office about 10 days ago. After about 8 days, they charged my account for the 112 dollars for the fingerprinting and application. The people at the office said ~2 weeks, so perhaps I may get mine by this week... maybe. Just purchased a gun belt and now trying to decide on my full time holster.

UPDATE: I just called a few minutes ago to check on the status of my application via their automated line. My application is granted and all that's left is the manufacturing of my card and sending it. The line said 2-3 weeks for that, but it also say 4-6 weeks for application decisions. Fingers crossed for this week!
    Last edited by IronSulfide; September 24th, 2012 at 12:45 AM.

09-25-2012 and still nothing... As I said before, Packet opened on 09-17-2012. lol, maybe Tomorrow!

I called after hours yesterday and my CWL has been shipped.. Now I'm going to be waiting at the mailbox each day! Still need to get the holster I want...

WoW, Today, 09-25-2012 is my issue date. It should ship tomorrow the kind lady said.

I have a Crossbreed super tuck for my Ruger LC9 and a Kholster Holster for my Ruger SR9c.
    I also bought an "Insider" for my SR9c in Horse Hide from this site IWB Holster Inside the Waistband Custom Holsters Holsters Holster, Fight N Gear The Insider His name is Steve and he does great work.
    I also purchased a Gun Belt from him. Nicest belt I have ever owned.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Links