Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service

This is a discussion on Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wonder if there's a difference in time for in state re out of state... mine took exactly 3 weeks from the day I put ...

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service

I wonder if there's a difference in time for in state re out of state... mine took exactly 3 weeks from the day I put the app in the mail until the day I received my license...

On the other hand, that was early in 2012 - long before the elections and recent shootings... all of which I've read has led to an uptick in applications. So maybe they're getting more apps than March or maybe out of state takes longer... Honestly, I was happy with 3 weeks - I've had holsters take longer.

2. Remove Ads

Florida has done quite a bit to help streamline the process since they have so many applicants. From what I hear they have over a million registered CCW holders now. I don't know if that's in state, out of state, or both. Supposedly the most in the nation.

Either way the process is quicker than when I did mine a few years back.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

The lady had told me on the phone it was because of non resident permits. It is why I said to her I thought it was only right to take care of the residents first. but it is partially my fault. If at the time I had been told about the regional offices I know for sure I would have had it a great deal sooner. Mine was ready to be approved and was just sitting there for no apparent reason, but they did get it quickly to me after I called the second time.

Submitted by mail 9/14
    Check cashed 9/17
    Processing 9/17
    Issued, Printed, Mailed 12/18

Florida resident living in Florida. Don't mail it.

Live-scan, and mailed app and money-order on Aug 6
    Received license in mail on Dec 22 .... 138 days!!!

I've had no arrests, nothing besides a few speeding tickets, and no other complications to my knowledge that would have held it up.

My dad had mailed his application using the same live-scan, same everything at the beginning of July and received his in 28 days. Some people have the luck perhaps, but not me. Or perhaps the timeline like Lish said.

Looks like the State of Florida went over their 90 day limit. I thought mine was bad. I have a feeling it was just sitting there doing nothing like mine, but in any case am glad you did receive it.

Ccw track

Mailed on 12-20-12
    Money order cashed on 1-2-13

Mailed - November 17th
    Check Cashed - November 30th

Still processing...

Non-resident

Mailed 11/9/2012
    Check Cashed: 11/14/2012

Processing

I think the message on the phone a couple of days ago said turn around time was 8-12 weeks due the the large number of applicants.

I was told they were going to change it to 90 days however since I have mine I cant access it any longer
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Mailed mine Dec. 3rd check cashed on Dec 12th checked status on Dec 31st with tracking number recording said 8to 10 weeks because of the volume. Will keep you posted when it comes

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I had a good experience getting my Florida CCW permit. I thought I would relay it to the group.

I was in Florida for Christmas and on 23 Dec 10 I applied for my Florida CCW permit. I received it today (7 Jan 11) in the mail - 15 days elapsed time with 2 holidays in the mean time. I applied in person at one of the regional centers where you key your own info into the system.

I have no idea how long the process would have taken if I had mailed the application in, but I have heard they are a couple of months behind in keying in applications due to a swelling demand.

Overall, I was impressed with the process. The in-office visit was 20 minutes or so and the 15 day turnaround including mail time to my house was outstanding.
    Just wondering, how long did it take to get an appt to go in to make the application?

Mailed my Fl resident application in October. Checked yesterday. Eleven weeks now, still waiting. When I first started checking, the recording said 4-6 weeks, then it jumped to 6-8 weeks, now it says 8-12 weeks due to the large number of applications (which could be considered a good thing).

This whole thing is just crazy. Long waits for permits. It is nearly impossible to find 22lr and 9mm ammo here. Gun stores are packed with customers and prices at or above retail. I'll be glad when things return to some form of normalcy.

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    Just wondering, how long did it take to get an appt to go in to make the application?
    Update, I just called the Tampa office, the first appt I could get was March 8th.

[QUOTE=contented;2526077]Mailed my Fl resident application in October. Checked yesterday. Eleven weeks now, still waiting. When I first started checking, the recording said 4-6 weeks, then it jumped to 6-8 weeks, now it says 8-12 weeks due to the large number of applications (which could be considered a good thing).

Update. Checked automated line Fri afternoon. Permit has been issued. It took 11 weeks 2 days (or 79 days) from when I mailed the application. Now I wait for the USPS to deliver.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Links