Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service

This is a discussion on Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took them 6 months to fig out what warrent refused ment after haveing me go to the court house 2 times trying to fig out ...

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service

Hmmm

Took them 6 months to fig out what warrent refused ment after haveing me go to the court house 2 times trying to fig out why there was charges on my record that warent there finely got it 6 months later.

2. Remove Ads

went to the miami regional office and did everything there: 1/3

check cashed on: 1/8

processing: 1/8

the office told me 2-6 weeks

so i mailed mine oct.3rd, called today to check on it (as it has been 98 days), the machine on the phone said it was approved, and mailed but allow for up two weeks for it to arrive. two weeks in the mail? does it go to austrailia first? anyway i have been carrying my ruger p95dc in my bladetech owb paddle around the house for a couple of weeks. so i think thats a better option than my little keltec p3at in the nate squared iwb.

It wont take two weeks I got the same message when they sent mine If I remember right it was three days.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Sent mine Dec. 28th, received Dec. 30 (return receipt requested), check cashed Jan. 8. Let's see.

What's Florida up to now in terms of number of license holders? 1.6million?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

This sucks. I'm going to Florida next week and I still don't have my non-resident permit. I sent all my stuff in around the first of November thinking that would be plenty of time (in MN they have 30 days max, if the application hasn't been processed in 30 days it is automatically considered approved). I never would have dreamed it could take 3 months, I guess I'm just spoiled here in MN, mine took like 25 days.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    They are now announcing 8 t0 12 weeks....and I don't even believe that...they received mine on Oct 30th...as of today tracking system says "your application is being processed".

The funny part was that for the 1st 5 weeks the tracking system said 6 to 8 weeks...so in the 5th week of mine it jumped to 8 to 12....don't think they are processing in order received.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I sent mine in the mail (non-resident) 12 weeks ago and today for the first time, the automated system said the license was approved. The message said it can take up to two weeks for me to receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    They are now announcing 8 t0 12 weeks....and I don't even believe that...they received mine on Oct 30th...as of today tracking system says "your application is being processed".

The funny part was that for the 1st 5 weeks the tracking system said 6 to 8 weeks...so in the 5th week of mine it jumped to 8 to 12....don't think they are processing in order received.
    If you look back at my previous post in one of them I said they told me they were trying to change the message. I went through exactly what you are going through right now. The only difference is I got lucky and talked to a lady on the phone. She asked me for my SS number and mine was just sitting there doing nothing and came back clean. Two hours after I called the message changes to "Issue, Printed, and mailed." You might want to try it. It may or may not work for you. Lot of people at least where I am are taking classes and have been for some time. I was also told they have added more people and are working overtime and weekends. Mine was received on Oct 4th I hate to say it but you may be waiting a bit due to volume.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Florida Permit Turnaround Time - Great Service

My 11th week of waiting started yesterday. Since I am a FLA non- resident and am aware that "I am clogging the system for FLA residents", I am quite alright with waiting a little longer.

Will post as soon as soon as I receive mine (in a few weeks).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"Express Service" is not so much...

Hey all,

I've been lurking for a while, but this is my first post. I just wanted to report that I called the Tampa regional office this morning to make my appointment for the express application. The first available appointment was APRIL 8th.

I've seen a lot of people say you might have to wait a few weeks or even up to a month to get your appointment. That wait is up to almost 3 months now. The way I look at it, considering the 90 day rule, etc., it sounds like a crapshoot whether the mail or express option will be faster at this point.

It's disappointing for sure, but hey...nobody has the gun I'm looking for anyway. Maybe having to wait until the Spring to get a permit will give me time to find one. Maybe.

Ricky
    DesignDawg

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    UPDATE:.............2 days after my response to Mimmie's email I received a personal telephone call from her. My application was approved, printed and mailed....coincident? I think not....sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.....Thank you Mimmie...
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by DesignDawg View Post
    Hey all,

I've been lurking for a while, but this is my first post. I just wanted to report that I called the Tampa regional office this morning to make my appointment for the express application. The first available appointment was APRIL 8th.

I've seen a lot of people say you might have to wait a few weeks or even up to a month to get your appointment. That wait is up to almost 3 months now. The way I look at it, considering the 90 day rule, etc., it sounds like a crapshoot whether the mail or express option will be faster at this point.

It's disappointing for sure, but hey...nobody has the gun I'm looking for anyway. Maybe having to wait until the Spring to get a permit will give me time to find one. Maybe.

Ricky
    DesignDawg
    I called a couple of weeks ago and got March 8th, so it looks like it's still stretching out. I doubt that mailing it in will be any faster, that will get caught in the backlog as well.

Quote Originally Posted by surferbum View Post
    Jan. 11th: I sent mine in the mail (non-resident) 12 weeks ago and today for the first time, the automated system said the license was approved. The message said it can take up to two weeks for me to receive it.
    Received it today in the mail with the postmark date of 1/14/2013. Florida is valid for 7 years. Utah and Nevada are valid for 5 years.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Links