Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik Condemns Arizona Carry Laws Today

This is a discussion on Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik Condemns Arizona Carry Laws Today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Once again "Crazy Clare" rears his head. It's no wonder why I call my home town (Tucson) "The Cosmic Center Of Ecclectic Wierdness". I am ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik Condemns Arizona Carry Laws Today

Once again "Crazy Clare" rears his head.

It's no wonder why I call my home town (Tucson) "The Cosmic Center Of Ecclectic Wierdness".

I am so glad we don't live in Tucson proper any longer.

The reality is, yes, the antis are going to start running their pie holes again. It will happen. HOWEVER...gun control doesn't work in Arizona. The whole legislature knows that even bringing it up gets them canned. Even the d-bag Raul Grijalva stays away from gun control. He can yip like the little barking chipmunk he is, but he knows that he would be shooting himself in the foot (pun intended) by supporting it.

Arizona is a mostly conservative run state. Always has been, probably always will be. If we could just rid the state of the kommifornia libtards who have invaded and the eastern democrat refugees....this place would be the heaven it was when I was a kid.

Then again....when was the last time a democrat EVER suggested the foolish notion that one should take responsibility for one's actions and NOT blame it on society and your parents, or lack of hugs, or addiction etc etc etc?

A well-placed shot from a responsible armed citizen would have been "Some good coming from a gun".

Okay....I am stepping off my soap box.

Sorry all....I am just frustrated.

2. Remove Ads

There's a legal advisor on right now saying that the Sheriff's comments might actually compromise this case. Getting political in a situation like this as a LEO spokesman is just a bad idea no matter what side of the aisle you're on.

That didn't take long, a NY Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney is already calling for new gun control. "Guns kill. And those who glamorize gunplay or worship gun ownership do no service to humanity"

Brady bunch is on board.

VIP Member
    IMO the sheriff was spot on though impolitic.

The sheriff is a Moron. Capital M.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    IMO the sheriff was spot on though impolitic.
    Spot on with what part?

Too bad the only gun in the whole crowd was the bad guy's. One would think in a state with such friendly carry laws that there would at least be a couple of other good guns in the crowd to stop this lunatic from getting as far as he did.

This just goes to show you the political mindset of the defenseless sheeple that congregated there in support of the political ideals of this candidate. Apparently, none of them chose to be prepared to provide for their own safety. Even after experiencing such a tragedy firsthand like this, they will still blame the device for the deed instead of the person that operated the device.

Ever wonder why the cold war between the USA and Russia ended up keeping the peace? It was because both sides were equally armed. When will the antis ever get this concept though their heads?

Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    Too bad the only gun in the whole crowd was the bad guy's. One would think in a state with such friendly carry laws that there would at least be a couple of other good guns in the crowd to stop this lunatic from getting as far as he did.

This just goes to show you the political mindset of the defenseless sheeple that congregated there in support of the political ideals of this candidate. Apparently, none of them chose to be prepared to provide for their own safety. Even after experiencing such a tragedy firsthand like this, they will still blame the device for the deed instead of the person that operated the device.

Ever wonder why the cold war between the USA and Russia ended up keeping the peace? It was because both sides were equally armed. When will the antis ever get this concept though their heads?
    Saw an interview with one CCW who was in the crowd. He got there as others had disarmed the shooter, excuse me "alleged shooter", had been disarmed and helped to detain him until authorities arrived.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...ess.cnn?hpt=T1
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Too bad the only gun in the whole crowd was the bad guy's.
    Wrong. One of the people who tackled and helped subdue the whack-a-doodle assassin was carrying concealed. In his account, there was no need to draw because as he approached, the dingbat was already on the ground wrestling for control of his gun and the mag he was trying to reload with.

This is incredibly important: a CCW owner was on the scene and saw no reason to draw and fire, but left his weapon safely holstered and rendered appropriate aid as the situation dictated.

Today we're reading commentary to the effect that if more people were armed, it would have been a free-fire zone with greater casualties, but in fact members of the law-abiding carry community generally behave responsibly and take their right to carry seriously. Just as we saw here.

There's a lot to observe and learn from this incident, some things worth discussing, and I should hope that we'll have a LOT less of the "kommifornia libtard" kind of garbage here like the stuff you read in YouTube and Yahoo comments. We should be way, way better than that.

A while back, in a discussion online, I did follow a link to this shooter's own YouTube video - maybe you've seen it? - the one where he's in some mask and setting the American flag on fire with the "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" soundtrack going on in the background. Seems to me that somebody this disturbed should have been screened out of ownership because he was unstable.

Like the VA coward shooter, this clown was throwing off enough warning signs that he should have been isolated as being ineligible to purchase firearms. We do have a society of individuals and a love of freedom such that few if any of us wish to live in a controlling police state (think Minority Report). On the other hand, there's some downside to ignoring people who are deranged until they go full mau-mau.

And remember that female student at Yale, Annie Le, murdered by some weirdo lab tech? Killers like this Arizona freak slip through the cracks and it's a challenge for us to figure out how to spot these animals before they go homicidal without infringing on legal expression.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Don't live in AZ, but as usual the anti's,in this case the County Sheriff,always make it up to the microphone. The truth is you can't legislate against nuts and the sadness beyond the events themselves is that a pro-gun environment like Arizona did not have an armed good guy in that Safeway parking lot yesterday morning.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    Don't live in AZ, but as usual the anti's,in this case the County Sheriff,always make it up to the microphone. The truth is you can't legislate against nuts and the sadness beyond the events themselves is that a pro-gun environment like Arizona did not have an armed good guy in that Safeway parking lot yesterday morning.
    ************************************************** ***********************************
    I stand corrected...did not hear about this armed citizen being on the scene.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    For those of you in the good sheriff's domain (and the rest of us also), maybe it's time to remind the sherriff and yourselves that he is an elected official who is employed at the voters' pleasure.

If you disagree with his position, which he's clearly and undenialbly stated on the record, make your opinion known at the next election for sheriff. This goes for any and all elected officials.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Wrong. One of the people who tackled and helped subdue the whack-a-doodle assassin was carrying concealed. In his account, there was no need to draw because as he approached, the dingbat was already on the ground wrestling for control of his gun and the mag he was trying to reload with.
    I stand corrected about no other carriers there. Too bad the media in general won't be pointing out that this other gun in the crowd was that belonging to a responsible citizen, who actually demonstrated restraint in drawing/using his/her firearm during this heated situation.

As to why I carry a firearm, it is for my own safety and that of my family. If I were in the crowd, I would only draw and fire if the attacker was a direct threat to me or headed closer to me to do harm. Once the attacker was beyond me, I would be looking for the nearest exit. If others in the crowd aren't prepared to provide for their own safety, then that's their problem.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    About the sherrif... http://pimasheriff.org/about-us/meet-the-sheriff

The sherrif is 74 years old, and apparently was always a liberal.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    THIS--"“Let me say one thing, because people tend to pooh-pooh this business about all the vitriol that we hear inflaming the American public by people who make a living off of doing that,” the sheriff said during a press conference. “That may be free speech, but it’s not without consequences.”
    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1AaBLNelx

And of course now the guilty at Fox are starting to squeal like stuck pigs and don't even have the decency to try to row the boat back a bit from the waterfall.Let me put it this way. Suppose you had an apartment building with 150 families in it, several with teens. One of the teens starts to post stuff on the net, and even in the form of fliers and graffiti on the building walls to the effect that a certain "Tommy" is evil and "Tommy has to go," and "we don't want Tommy living here."

You all know very well that if after being incited and inflamed by this stuff a teen living in that building beat the h out of Tommy doing serious damage it wouldn't be treated as a free speech issue. Any DA now would find a statute somewhere to charge the inciter with the incitement to do violence. Nowadays in most places they would find a way to indict the inciter for being the proximate cause of the crime that followed. They might even find a way to push a conspiracy to commit violence charge if there was the tiniest shred of evidence linking the inciter with the individual who conducted the attack.

And also, Tommy's parents would be well within their rights to file a civil suit against the instigator of the attack.

There is nothing different in this situation with the Congresswoman. People (political tacticians, radio and tv personalities, political opponents) used an overheated rhetoric which included the superposition of a scope's cross hairs on her. What did they expect would happen? People who do this are cowards but they are also criminals. Did they really think they could escape blame? Do you really think they should escape blame?

We have some very good sensible people here who are falling for the "it was a lone nut" who did this and no one else bears responsibility line. Wrong.

Now I have one suggestion for the owners and moderators. We have one participant here who uses as an avatar which is an image of our president portrayed as Hitler. That is over the top. It is an insult to all of us who believe in US style democracy. It is free speech, but the message stink. It is precisely the sort of thing the sheriff was talking about. Allowing that is a discredit to this forum and the very very many respectable participants here.
    You neglected to mention the folks at MSNBC, HLN, CNN, CBS.....
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links