Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik Condemns Arizona Carry Laws Today

This is a discussion on Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik Condemns Arizona Carry Laws Today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet For those of you in the good sheriff's domain (and the rest of us also), maybe it's time to remind the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik Condemns Arizona Carry Laws Today

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    For those of you in the good sheriff's domain (and the rest of us also), maybe it's time to remind the sherriff and yourselves that he is an elected official who is employed at the voters' pleasure.

If you disagree with his position, which he's clearly and undenialbly stated on the record, make your opinion known at the next election for sheriff. This goes for any and all elected officials.
    I sent an email to his office. letter is in the mail.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    You are definitely entitled to your opinion of my previous comment as being sheeple minded. Unfortunately, the way carry laws are written in most states in regard to the use of deadly force, a concealed carrier that uses their firearm in the defense of others would likely be charged with a crime themselves.
    Likewise, you are definitely entitled to your opinion. That being said, I also am thankful that the unarmed woman did something when she had an opportunity rather than heading for the exit. We need more folks with her fortitude, whether or not she has a permit. When all hell breaks loose, and there is no question whatsoever of need for immediate action, it is my hope that most will do what needs to be done (including use of deadly force if it unquestionably required at the time to prevent further killing and if no other alternative is available). I just hope that more folks will be good Samaritan without feeling compelled to walk on the other side or head to the exit in order to avoid potential involvement (unless there is no other sane option of course). No reflection on you is intended. It is your absolute right to take the exit, unless some statute requires otherwise (for which I know of none other than perhaps law enforcement and certain statutes involving children). Was there a kid killed also?
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    Even if you are fortunately in a state that permits you to act in the defense of others with your firearm, the laws in general will become increasingly more grayer in scope the more you step out of the zone of your own personal self defense. Those that act in the defense of another, who had had the same opportunity within the law as you or I did to provide for their own safety but chose NOT to, would be opening themselves up to great financial, criminal, and civil liabilities. Meanwhile, the sheeple out there that choose not to provide for their own safety roam freely without any worry of legal risks.
    Idaho Code...I see very little gray there.

TITLE 19
    CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
    CHAPTER 2
    PREVENTION OF PUBLIC OFFENSES
    19-202A.Legal jeopardy in cases of self-defense and defense of other threatened parties.
    No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting himself or his family by reasonable means necessary, or when coming to the aid of another whom he reasonably believes to be in imminent danger of or the victim of aggravated assault, robbery, rape, murder or other heinous crime.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    Watching Fox News right now, the father of the girl killed at this shooting just said that 'nothing good comes from guns'. Won't be long before the Brady Bunch starts taking advantage of this tragedy and using this poor family as a soundbite. And I'm sure that Sheriff Dufus will be glad to help.
    The father went on to say he doesn't think the American society needs further restrictions - despite this tragedy.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    There is a German word, hope I spell it right, "zeitgeist," which roughly means "spirit of the times." There is currently a zeitgeist in this country in which it is seen by many as OK that bald faced lies about politicians and policy are acceptable. When these lies paint people as sufficiently evil that they should be in "cross hairs" and that is accompanied with commentary about the desirability of armed revolution, and commentary specifically about second amendment solutions, and actions by some to encourage sedition within the military ranks (we have often here discussed secondary oaths) on the lie that the government is not legitimate, or is somehow tyrannical, the mentally confused take that stuff to be truth. And sadly we have entertainers happily making millions provoking the unstable. And we have professional politicians who are too timid to speak out against these things-- even hedging on the birther issue as one example of being willing to tolerate the worst sort of propagandistic lying.

The mentally deranged can't distinguish reality from fantasy or from propaganda, and as a result of this inability they (some, one) will view their violent urges as patriotic.

I know that for most here, including myself, WWII is ancient history and its lessons may not be learned. One lesson from it which should be understood is that a tyrannical and murderous regime did not arise from nothing. Hitler had a propaganda chief who famously pointed out that the more bold a lie is, and the more the bold lie is repeated, the more people will believe it.

The sheriff should not IMO have spoken as he did, no more than a military officer should speak of things political in public, but his point about the zeitgeist is spot on.
    Does your post include the news organizations, celebrities, etc attacking the right?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

How many times does it need to be said??

The mentally confused do not need a reson. That is the point that all the “there are not enough rules” people keep failing to understand.

the mentally confused can take anything to be the truth. “my dog told me to do it”, is just as valid.

“entertainers” This is the new code word for someone that is not recognized as a reporter by the left leaning people.

“The mentally deranged can't distinguish reality from fantasy.” An by definition it does not matte rwhat is heard, said or read. They will find some meaning in the pattern on there toast. You can’t resin with crazy. You can assign cause and affect to it. The cause can be anything that the deranged mind wants it to be.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    Does your post include the news organizations, celebrities, etc attacking the right?
    Indeed, my critique would be for extremists on either side.

That said, the radio airwaves are just filled primarily with one type; at least around here. Entertainers of note from just one station include or have included Savage, Gallagher, Ingram, Praeger, and several others of similar mind all of whom seem to repeat the same talking points in well coordinated fashion. It goes non stop on 660 AM out of Dallas or Ft Worth, I think.

There is no equivalent propaganda machine for the left, and there are few voices for the moderate middle. That is our zeitgeist and it is extremely dangerous.

Now a bunch of you hammer MSBC as a machine of the left. Is their Morning Joe Scarborough, former Republican Congressman one of the "liberal leftards" in your view? He's got a pretty good show. I've not heard him engage in the fringe language routinely heard from many others, but there is no doubt about where his views are, and they are solidly Republican center right.

I don't agree with him on lots of stuff but at least there is no incitement so characteristic of the other entertainers.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    How many times does it need to be said??

The mentally confused do not need a reson.
    That is different from the question of whether or not this particular criminal assassin had a reason. He apparently was upset with currency issues and gold; sounds like one of the inciters we all know about hit a mark.

Hopyard, I can't believe that you've ever actually SEEN any of the content on Fox. I say that because I watch it all the time, and I've never seen any content like you've described.

Watch it for a week, keep your mind open. I dare you

Lead Moderator
    Keep this thread on topic or it gets closed.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    That is different from the question of whether or not this particular criminal assassin had a reason. He apparently was upset with currency issues and gold; sounds like one of the inciters we all know about hit a mark.
    Actually, his main 'reason' is that the government is controlling us through the use of grammar.

Anyway, back On Topic. Sheriff Doofus seems to think that his official duties include being political at the expense of the victims in a particularly tragic situation. When is he up for re-election?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links