What most will fail to recognize

This is a discussion on What most will fail to recognize within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We all know that there is a backlash coming over this terrible tragety that happened in Arizona, however in there knee jerk reactions I will ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What most will fail to recognize

What most will fail to recognize

We all know that there is a backlash coming over this terrible tragety that happened in Arizona, however in there knee jerk reactions I will say that the legislators will fail to realize that this person was within 2 feet of the congresswoman, if he had been carrying a blade weapon instead of a Glock he would have done just as much damage to her if not more. Ask any police officer what his worse fear is in a up close and personal conflict at that range, I bet it is not a gun. They will demonize the tool and not the person who acted unlawfully without admitting that he could have done what he did with any tool be it a gun, knife, or ide. I know that I have been kicking around the idea of a glock 19 for a long time but now feel that my hand is being forced so come morning I am heading down to the LGS and picking one up along with a few 33rd mags because i see them being a prime target for the Anti crowd.

2. Remove Ads

Well, that seems to be a good idea. Hand being forced....or knee jerk reaction? The anti crowd already has enough targets.....they're just looking for more ammo which apparently they get dropped in their lap when not even expecting it. IMO......guns aren't worth much without ammo. The 33rd magazines? Decent prices right now. Congratulations on your new G19!

I think the House's decision to hold off on all legislation for at least a week will help stem some of the 'knee-jerk' kinds of actions. I hope anyway.

I've said for a long time that gun control will appear as ammo control...not a Second Amendment item.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    You may be right on that so I'll be placing another order soon.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

And ammo has just recently started to become more available...
    Ruger LCP
    KelTec P11
    Ruger P89
    Taurus M380

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I think the House's decision to hold off on all legislation for at least a week will help stem some of the 'knee-jerk' kinds of actions. I hope anyway.
    Don't count on it. Carolyn McCarthy is planning to introduce gun control bills Monday in response to the shooting in AZ.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Don't count on it. Carolyn McCarthy is planning to introduce gun control bills Monday in response to the shooting in AZ.
    Don't burst my bubble, lol. I'm not surprised, but I doubt it will go anywhere in the House. The senate, maybe.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    I will say that the legislators will fail to realize that this person was within 2 feet of the congresswoman, if he had been carrying a blade weapon instead of a Glock he would have done just as much damage to her if not more.
    Sadly I think your logic only holds if the Congresswoman was the only injury. Since there were 20 killed or wounded that kind of "damage" would stretch credibility with knife or just about any other weapon I can think of. This is going to hurt us down the road, and I don't think there is much that can be done about that. Its just shame that it always seems our lawmakers react to the smallest minority to take freedoms away from the majority.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I've said for a long time that gun control will appear as ammo control...not a Second Amendment item.
    you've hit the nail on the head right there
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    We all know that there is a backlash coming over this terrible tragety that happened in Arizona

Not true by any means at all. Advocating rushing out to buy high cap magazines would also be a knee jerk reaction.

The same fears were all expressed when Obama was elected, yet, nothing materialized.

It is not going to happen now either.

The sky is not falling.

What I find interesting is how the media has focused mainly on the politicians/officials who were injured or killed. The private citizens who were killed/injured barely get a mention. I find this rather telling. It seems that an us(politicians) vs. them( the average citizen) has been developing for a long time. I've already seen a politician in Kentucky get on television and say "that measures need to be taken...". The knee jerk reaction seems to be a possible outcome of this tragedy. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Congratulations on your purchase decision. The Glock line are fine weapons and set the standard for reliability in handguns. I own several (along with several other makes) and the glocks are always my go to gun, as well as my daily carry.

That being said, I would reconsider the 30 rd mag. IMHO, it really isn't necessary. Get 3 or 4 of the regular hi cap mags (regular mags that fit in the magwell) and spend the rest on training. Only mall ninjas and amatuers walk around with a 30 round Glock mag sticking out of their magwell. And you don't strike me as either of those. Good training and a solid grasp on combat reloads are key. Unless you are confronted with 25 assailants (an extremely unlikely scenario) a couple of regular mags would do the trick.

I just got my first semi-auto (Glock 27) and saw that they have a 30 round mag for it. While I think the mag would be interesting and fun to use at a range just to have, I don't see it being a practical item. I don't forsee myself being in a situation that would require that type of capacity. I also do see the logic of picking one up while they are available "just in case" they get banned, and at some point I see a need for one so at this point I am kind of on the fence.
    It seems to me that the only realistic way to use one at least as far as Concealed Carry goes would be as a secondary mag, perhaps tucked in an ankle rig. I don't think it would be easy to conceal a gun with a 30 round mag in your waistline.

I wonder if a rush to purchase these, in the aftermath of a shooting like the one is Arizona would actually give the anti's something else to shout about? "All the gun nuts are arming themselves with high capacity mags, we need to ban them and start collecting those already out in the public!"
    BTW had there been any mention if the Arizona shooter was using a high capacity mag? I really haven't had time to research all the details.

Well I'm back from the lgs, spent more than i wanted to but oh well, picked up a gen4 G-19 with 4 standard glock hi-cap mags, the more i thought about it the extended mads don't make sense, plus the shop only had the import mags so that totally made up my mind. Then I noticed, dare I say it,......... a G-20 , also picked up 2 spare mag for that gun and a case of range ammo for each and a few boxes of gold dots. Now it's time to look for holsters. oh by the way, I love my wife, she was on board with my purchases, which now leads me to believe that I may be loosing the 19

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links