Open or Concealed? - Page 4

Open or Concealed?

This is a discussion on Open or Concealed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In MO we have CCW, we also can open carry almost everywhere. There are some municipalities that have laws against it. I live in a ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    In MO we have CCW, we also can open carry almost everywhere. There are some municipalities that have laws against it. I live in a very rural area and have been open carrying long before we had CCW. I live on a small farm and find myself making numerous trips into town on weekends to the feed store, hardware store, etc. I open carry around the farm and it is just easier to hop in the truck and not have to worry about it. Nobody seems to mind and some jokingly ask what I a carrying that day. I once stood in line at a Dollar General store with the K-9 officer of the sheriff's office and he asked me about my 92FS. He knew me because he fingerprinted me for my FL non-resident permit. I don't flaunt it and I don't hide it. I just try to be me. In our area I am not the only one that open carries. Now when I go to St. Louis, I CCW because they have a law against open carry.

Administrator

It's a Moderator and/or Administrative decision to determine if a "repeat type thread" should stay open or be closed.

That would depend on the worth and value of the subsequent replies to the topic and also if any new/different thoughts or ideas are "offered up" on the plate...or if the thread is just just a total rehash of old horses beaten yet again to a pulp.

If any member is not interested in any thread topic then they should just move on and participate in a different forum thread that they are interested in.

That sounds like a great idea!

Thanks QKShooter for weighing in...

Thanks for the comments QKShooter - you put it very concisely...

Is there any way to STICKEY this message for future reference?

I think this is Great Advice for folks to follow...
    Semper Fi ~

Eagle Scout 1975
    U.S.M.C. 1978-84
    Commercial Pilot
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Certified Flight Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Member

www.TexasArmament.com

VIP Member
    thank you QK, my sentiments exactly, if you don't want to read what you think is a redundant post then click away from it
    there are threads on this forum that I don't bother reading because they don't interest me and I don't go into them

as for the topic....I wish Texas would change the law to allow open or concealed so we wouldn't get in trouble if someone spotted it. I too think that the tactical advantage is way overblown. Sure there may be times that you would want to conceal it...but how hard is it to pull your shirt/jacket over it to be incognito for a bit for a tactical advantage? I would like to open carry while driving. As it is I use an OWB and cover with my shirt but having my Fobus crossdraw setup completely uncovered would be best.
    Good retention holsters are available and are easy to use. I feel confident in fighting off someone trying to get my gun if open carrying, and as for a scenario of multiple scumbags trying to get me....they'll get my gun bullets first.

Personally, I'd like going into the bank, wally world, resturaunt, or convenience store and seeing multiple people with pistols on their hips. If I was a scumbag intent on robbing the place I would not like that scene, I'd prefer to go somewhere else.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    If any member is not interested in any thread topic then they should just move on and participate in a different forum thread that they are interested in.

+1 on that

I honestly quit checking my own thread after a couple of days, mainly because the same thing kept coming up. The whole "search you idiot" type of attitude, and I found it somewhat insulting, like I dont know how to use a tool that is at my disposal.

However, I did search before posting, and nothing answered my 3 specific questions. I wanted to know the current active members responses to those particular questions becuase I had a personal interest in gauging CCW holders national attitudes about those specifc questions, not because I wanted to get some attitude about those topics.

Thanks to everyone that answered clearly and concisely, it is good to see that so many people share my thoughts an ideas.
    Fear No Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra
    I wish Texas would change the law to allow open or concealed so we wouldn't get in trouble if someone spotted it.

... Personally, I'd like going into the bank, wally world, resturaunt, or convenience store and seeing multiple people with pistols on their hips.
    Great post 64Z... I agree TOTALLY...
    Semper Fi ~

Eagle Scout 1975
    U.S.M.C. 1978-84
    Commercial Pilot
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Certified Flight Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Member

www.TexasArmament.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234