And Everyone Said that I was crazy for carrying a BUG. - Page 3

And Everyone Said that I was crazy for carrying a BUG.

This is a discussion on And Everyone Said that I was crazy for carrying a BUG. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Third rule, carry a Glock! Unless you own a Sig!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And Everyone Said that I was crazy for carrying a BUG.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Third rule, carry a Glock!

Unless you own a Sig!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvshootr5191 View Post
    After reading that thread it got me wanting to go to the range with my Sigma, and I'm glad I did.
    DC may have just saved your life!

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Wow.... you know firing pins break on expensive pistols too. The best thing one can do is to clean and inspect his side arm every time he/she shoots it. Forget the pencil trick... do this...

Striker type pistols
    field strip the gun then take the slide, press in the fire pin stop, then push the striker forward. You can now inspect the tip of the firing pin for damage.

For hammer type pistols...
    field strip the gun then take the slide, press in the fire pin stop and use a small dowel or end of a wood q tip to push the firing pin in until you see the tip of the firing pin. You can now inspect the tip of the firing pin for damage.

When I take down the 1911 I also take out the firing pin and extractor to inspect them for wear and/or damage. Part of maintenance is inspection... another part is cleaning... the last part is replacing wear items as a preventative measure (when they wear out)
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I've never read anything good about the Sigma line up.
    My first handgun was a Sigma 40ve. That was four years ago. Thousands or rounds downrange. Not one failure. Eats every kind of ammo including flat nose lead reloads. Great trigger out of the box. Go figure.

Liked it so much I later bought a Sigma 9ve. Another great gun but the trigger was horrible. About an hours worth of trigger work fixed that. Very nice gun. Accurate, high capacity, light weight, great grip etc, etc.

Was that a good enough comment about Sigmas?

A Sigma is nothing but a Glock with a better grip and a more revolver like trigger.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    A Sigma is nothing but a Glock with a better grip and a more revolver like trigger.
    austin-powers-cocktail-glass-4900072.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

I've only had one pistol fail me and it was my Jericho 941 in .45ACP. Decocking the gun, disengaging the safety and then trying to fire it causes the hammer to stop at the half-cock roughly 70% of the time. Glad it happened at the range, but it also convinced me that I should carry a bug.

I agree, cant go wrong with a Glock!
    Attached Images
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    My first handgun was a Sigma 40ve. That was four years ago. Thousands or rounds downrange. Not one failure. Eats every kind of ammo including flat nose lead reloads. Great trigger out of the box. Go figure.

Liked it so much I later bought a Sigma 9ve. Another great gun but the trigger was horrible. About an hours worth of trigger work fixed that. Very nice gun. Accurate, high capacity, light weight, great grip etc, etc.

Was that a good enough comment about Sigmas?

Dear Sir I challange your Sigma to the infamous Glock test!
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    Dear Sir I challange your Sigma to the infamous Glock test!
    Sounds great. But your buying the ammo

It won't take that much ammo. The Stigma won't make it past the seawater emersion test.

Im not trying to start a Glock vs. Sigma because we all know where that would go. The S&W was a purchase of necessity. If I would have done a little bit of research I would have went with a G23. But the Sigma purchase was one that I will never regret. The strong trigger pull actually makes me shoot other guns better.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    the sigma is a $300 pistol... the glock is a $500-$600 pistol depending on where/if you can find it. I find it interesting that sigma haters like to compare their glocks to it... If glock is perfection then why do you have to compare it to a cheap entry level pistol?

The sigma has an incredibly heavy trigger, marginal fit and finish and is quite large. But it is leagues better then a hi point and is a decent, affordable entry level pistol that someone new to the handgun world can walk in and buy without having to drop half a grand.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I've never read anything good about the Sigma line up.
    Then you need to go here... http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...sigma-pistols/

I have one and it has never failed to go bang. But then again, ANY weapon can fail at any time. I had a Kimber, CZ and a Para fail to fire over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    It won't take that much ammo. The Stigma won't make it past the seawater emersion test.
    I'm not worry about that test. I don't plan on shooting a handgun while scuba diving. But if I need to, I'd use a speargun or a bang stick.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    the sigma is a $300 pistol... the glock is a $500-$600 pistol depending on where/if you can find it. I find it interesting that sigma haters like to compare their glocks to it... If glock is perfection then why do you have to compare it to a cheap entry level pistol?
    The sigma has an incredibly heavy trigger, marginal fit and finish and is quite large. But it is leagues better then a hi point and is a decent, affordable entry level pistol that someone new to the handgun world can walk in and buy without having to drop half a grand.
    Because when they came out, they were priced about the same and it was a pretty clear cut copy of the Glock, even if poorly executed. So much so that Glock won it's lawsuit against S&W. Btw, I'll agree, they are leagues better than a Hi Point and they are much better today than the early examples.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links