Wife got her CHL today!

Wife got her CHL today!

This is a discussion on Wife got her CHL today! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The wife got her envelope with the license inside today and is legal to carry! Alexcantslee!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife got her CHL today!

Wife got her CHL today!

The wife got her envelope with the license inside today and is legal to carry!

Alexcantslee!
    My other Kahr is a Kimber.

That's great! What is she going to carry?
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

She's sort of claimed a Taurus PT111 9 mil I bought a while back as hers but shes also expressed some interest in a Springfield XD at some point. Shes not sure if she wants a 9, a 40 or a .45 in the XD though but shes sure she wants one of those three calibres. I told her she could have whatever she wanted, as long as it was what she wanted in a handgun. She digs the grip safety of the XD a lot but she may also find something else (or somethingS else) as time goes by as well. But in the meantime she like the PT111 enough that buying another gun hasnt been something that needs to happen right away. She also really seemed to like the simplicity of the .357 snub and the idea it could be loaded with .38 Specials. In short, we'll be hiring a sitter and hitting the range soon I hope and she what she digs. Im just glad she finally got her license in, Texas has been slow and we hit an error in the process about the pictures.

Alex

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcantslee View Post
    The wife got her envelope with the license inside today and is legal to carry!

Alexcantslee!
    That sounds very good!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Awwwsome congrats to her!!! I think its bout time I get my wife started in the process. I dont see crime rate slowing anytime soon. Id rather her have a better equipment to defend herself God forbid something ever goes down
    RUGER SR9 IN CROSSBREED SUPERTUCK DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by alexcantslee View Post
    She's sort of claimed a Taurus PT111 9 mil I bought a while back as hers but shes also expressed some interest in a Springfield XD at some point. Shes not sure if she wants a 9, a 40 or a .45 in the XD though but shes sure she wants one of those three calibres. I told her she could have whatever she wanted, as long as it was what she wanted in a handgun. She digs the grip safety of the XD a lot but she may also find something else (or somethingS else) as time goes by as well. But in the meantime she like the PT111 enough that buying another gun hasnt been something that needs to happen right away. She also really seemed to like the simplicity of the .357 snub and the idea it could be loaded with .38 Specials. In short, we'll be hiring a sitter and hitting the range soon I hope and she what she digs. Im just glad she finally got her license in, Texas has been slow and we hit an error in the process about the pictures.

Alex
    Nice! I'm not a fan of grip safeties myself, but the XD is a nice gun. I chose the S&W M&P 9mm over that mainly because the XD's grip was a bit large for my hand. The M&P has 3 different palm grips...sm, med, lg....for both the fullsize and the compact. It's a smooth, reliable shooter. If she hasnt had a chance yet, see if she can try one.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Congrats to her! One more woman who can better protect herself and her loved ones.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Very Cool!!

Nice to know you can cover each other's backs!

My PT111 is a handy piece... trigger took a little learning, but it carries easily. BTW, I have a nearly-new leather belt holster by Mark Waldon for it, if you're interested... I got it with belt slots that are too narrow by mistake, so it's only been used a couple of times. PM me if you're interested.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Tell your wife congrats and be safe out there.
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Gasmitty, PM sent. The PT111 for us has been very reliable, I havent had a single issue out of it and it gets pretty accurate groups. Definitly nothing fancy but it cycles 147 Grain rounds like butter.

Congrats to your wife on her permit first. Then, congrats to you on your feelings for the moment! Nothing like being in love and covering each others assets, or knowing your partner can cover their assets when you're both on separate missions.

Congrats. May you both always carry them and never need to use them.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

sgb
    Congrats . . .
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Congrats to the wife...TX is now a bit safer!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links