ABC Forum sunday morning

This is a discussion on ABC Forum sunday morning within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone watch it? Kinda scary that some of these folks think caliber/capacity limits are needed, and still think gun control is the answer. I wish ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABC Forum sunday morning

ABC Forum sunday morning

Anyone watch it? Kinda scary that some of these folks think caliber/capacity limits are needed, and still think gun control is the answer. I wish they had a forum to chime in online for that...

2. Remove Ads

The crazy people always seem to use 9mm. What type of Caliber limits are they proposing?

Didn't see specificially - i turned it on halfway through. There was someone who was saying that mag capacity should be reviewed, and then another guy that said the country as a whole (I think it was a congress repo too) needs to have discussions on capacity, caliber, and type. He claimed in his mind those types of discussions didn't infringe on the 2nd amendment. I was hoping some others may may have caught it and chime in about the dumb things some of the people were spewing. People are hurt, and unfortunately the habit in this country has been to turn to the government for the answer, which it seems more and more is not the best choice.

I'm perfectly willing to have a discussion about anything as long as the participants are informed to start with. The first jackhole that says Loughner was using an automatic gets tossed out on his butt, for example.

Nice. What about that "it was a Glock". I mean - all the bad people use glock's right? I realized to some people, semi auto = = glock. Took my cousin out shooting, and she kept talking about my "Glock" before we went. Took a few corrections and some 'splainin that it's a Smith, and a semi auto, and what the diff is. Sadly, I still don't know that it set in.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyp View Post
    Nice. What about that "it was a Glock". I mean - all the bad people use glock's right? I realized to some people, semi auto = = glock. Took my cousin out shooting, and she kept talking about my "Glock" before we went. Took a few corrections and some 'splainin that it's a Smith, and a semi auto, and what the diff is. Sadly, I still don't know that it set in.
    "Glock" and "AK47" seem to have captured the attention of the ignoramuses (ignorami?) out there as the Instruments of Death, replacing "Saturday Night Special" and "sawed off shotgun" in the lexicon of reporters.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    "Glock" and "AK47" seem to have captured the attention of the ignoramuses (ignorami?) out there as the Instruments of Death, replacing "Saturday Night Special" and "sawed off shotgun" in the lexicon of reporters.
    Yes.....yes they have. And here's the reference material they seem to use.

See all you Glock lovers have gotten the press into a frenzy. Darn them Glocks.

Good thing for me that Taurus and Ruger aren't in the media crosshairs.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by giaodn View Post
    I'm perfectly willing to have a discussion about anything as long as the participants are informed to start with. The first jackhole that says Loughner was using an automatic gets tossed out on his butt, for example.
    If your unwilling to attempt to inform the uninformed then the chance of a real discussion in slim.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    See all you Glock lovers have gotten the press into a frenzy. Darn them Glocks.

Good thing for me that Taurus and Ruger aren't in the media crosshairs.
    Yes, I carry Sig and Smith, so it won't effect me at all! Right?

We either stand together of fall together! I have heard and read from so many so called "sportsmen" that no-one needs these kind of guns or magazine capacities it makes me so sick!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    If your unwilling to attempt to inform the uninformed then the chance of a real discussion in slim.
    Education should not be performed in the same place as a discussion. The educators can shape the education to the uneducated such that the conclusion the uneducated arrives at favor those of the educators.

For example, my discussion regarding brain surgery with a brain surgeon is going to go awfully one sided if I should chose to argue that brain surgery should be illegal. The surgeon is going to school me right proper and what am I going to counter with? My ignorance? Anything I know would be what she choses for me to know.

If an anti wants to argue to restrict to "10 round clips" I'm going to sit there, applaud her opinion and support it fully in hope the discussion ends with that decision.

The value of a discussion, will depend to a significant degree, not on the subject, but on who is involved in the discussion.
    If the two sides base their argements on logic and reason, often common ground can be reached.
    If either side bases their arguments on emotion and an agenda, then the prospect of common ground is considerably less.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by giaodn View Post
    Education should not be performed in the same place as a discussion.
    That is perhaps the scariest statement I have ever heard in my life.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Discussion is where most educations begin. Both parties most be open to receiving information and free in giving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    That is perhaps the scariest statement I have ever heard in my life.
    I agree with you Rollo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links