Is the cheese state getting their concealed license laws changed?

This is a discussion on Is the cheese state getting their concealed license laws changed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110117/...wisconsin_guns...

Thread: Is the cheese state getting their concealed license laws changed?

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

VIP Member
    Looks likely.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

As I am sure this quest for concealed carry has gone on for a long time, it is enlightening to see a change of view by the leaders in the state. Way to go Wisconsin. Maybe IL will follow suit.
    Better to have and to hold, than to leave in the nightstand.....

Unfortunately Illinois is run by Chicago politicians, all of which are anti-gun. I grew up in Illinois, and it is staggering how Chicago runs the whole state. For example - every other county in Illinois voted Republican in the 2008 presidential election except for Cook County. Therefore the whole state ended up going Democrat. - I am not trying to be political, just stating the example. Chicago runs Illinois.

I hope so, I have family there. They better do something about Madison's gun laws in the bill, though.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

That's troubling to Jeri Bonavia, executive director of Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort, which opposes any legislation to allow concealed carry on the grounds it will lead to increased danger for individuals and the public.
    Can she prove this with data?

What's that big silence I hear?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    Didn’t Wisconsin pass concealed carry laws only to have them vetoed by an anti-gun governor? Hopefully their new legislature will pass a law that gets the new governors approval.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    I hope so, I have family there. They better do something about Madison's gun laws in the bill, though.
    Madison's gun laws? WI has state preemption, the whole state plays by the same rules.

The end of the article is the big hook there. They were pushing and pushing for constitutional carry, however events in AZ have toned down the email blasts and push for CCC; the sooner the world moves on with the spotlight the sooner things will likely be brought back.

I'd like to see the AK, AZ model followed so WI residents can carry from the get go but establish reciprocity, esp in states requiring out of state holders reside in the state of the permit.

Glock Certified Armorer

Madison still has published laws banning short barreled handguns, and HP ammo.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    I'd like to see the AK, AZ model followed so WI residents can carry from the get go but establish reciprocity, esp in states requiring out of state holders reside in the state of the permit.
    VT is the same as AZ, and, AK. No permit required except they will not issue a permit on request for reciprocity reasons. BUT most states that require a permit from the resident state in order to issue a non-resident will waive that if you live in a state like Vermont. I have a number of non-resident permits including states that require a resident permit they usually waive that if your from VT because they Understand
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Sponsored Links