Saw A Guy With A CCW Badge

This is a discussion on Saw A Guy With A CCW Badge within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in a checkout line at a store yesterday and noticed the guy behind me. He was nicely dressed with a sport coat and ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saw A Guy With A CCW Badge

Saw A Guy With A CCW Badge

I was in a checkout line at a store yesterday and noticed the guy behind me. He was nicely dressed with a sport coat and had a lapel pin shaped like a badge. I asked him what the pin was and he said it was his concealed carry badge. Upon a closer look he was right. It was a concealed carry badge. I just smiled at him and said, "Isn't that something."
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

2. Remove Ads

I wear mine on my under wear without the backing. That way when I get stuck, I remember that i am carrying.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

He SO wanted you to notice that... you made his day, I'm sure. I would have probably started asking him questions like, "Wow, that's cool! Did you get that when they issued your permit or did it come in a box of Fruit Loops?"
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'd have said, "So that says you're carrying a gun that no one's supposed to know about?"
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Wow, just wow.

VIP Member
    I can't wait 'til I see someone with a CC badge.......it will be fun
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I retired from a Chief Parole Officer job. Officers had been issued badges and wallet-styled cases along with their ID cards. Near the end of my career, POs were allowed to qualify and carry Dept.-issued 4" .38s, but the Dept. unofficially discouraged this via a variety of roadblocks; so only a few were armed. Some newer staff, in rapture over the shiny badge (and unarmed), took to purchasing the belt style badge case allowing it to be visible near their belt buckle. I would caution each who did so that it would be in their best interests to put the d**m badge back in the ID case but most had to learn the hard way. Some people just don't like cops and anybody they just think is a cop. For a "perk" the Dept. handed out those tie-tac badges mentioned by the OP; most were tossed in the desk and never seen again.

These CCW badges are wrong on so many levels.
    -

Oh, the subtle version... the discreet lapel pin. Isn't that just sumpthin!

Why, Id'a said . . .

"Lookie here folks, we got us a man with a GUN... oh my! it's okay folks!
    He's got himself A O-FFFICIAL like badge so it's like he's double aught seven secret agent, licence to kill. Here, you get in line afore me... you're somethin' SPESH UL... Bet you don't even have to carry the bullet in your shirt pocket like Barney Fife... You just "nippin' it in the bud" right there with that ol speshul pin.. ain't nobody gonna mess with you, noooo sirrrr!"
    It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure I saw one one time but I didn't have the balls to ask. I was open carrying and so was he. He looked at my Glock and I looked at his gun and then saw his badge. I don't believe he was a cop because they are not allowed to OC here(policy of the PD, not state law).

I'm 99% sure it was a CCW badge.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'd have said, "So that says you're carrying a gun that no one's supposed to know about?"
    I'd probably say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Oh, the subtle version... the discreet lapel pin. Isn't that just sumpthin!

Why, Id'a said . . .

He's got himself A O-FFFICIAL like badge so it's like he's double aught seven secret agent, licence to kill. Here, you get in line afore me... you're somethin' SPESH UL... Bet you don't even have to carry the bullet in your shirt pocket like Barney Fife... You just "nippin' it in the bud" right there with that ol speshul pin.. ain't nobody gonna mess with you, noooo sirrrr!"
    Bwahahahahaha! Coffee snarfed..... That was a needed laugh to start my day. Priceless.

VIP Member
    I see them from time to time. I never speak to them or even make eye contact.

I'm disturbed enough by total strangers in line who like to volunteer (and even show (cc only in SC)) what they're carrying.

'My fellow rednecks...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    Bwahahahahaha! Coffee snarfed..... That was a needed laugh to start my day. Priceless.
    Beats: "Isn't that something! Thank you for telling me that, I suspected you were an idiot, and that confirms it."

Honestly, I hope I never see one on a person... I will just have to say something... and it won't be a pleasant experience (for them, or me). I am not that confrontational.
    It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

VIP Member
    Oh good grief - I just re-read the OP. A LAPEL PIN!!!??

Now that is something!

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Bwahahahahaha! Very nice.

In all seriousness. You didn't get a picture why?!?! We want to immortalize this genius.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links