Killer clowns and such

This is a discussion on Killer clowns and such within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello All, I have decided to take a trip to Houston for the weekend, and would not dream of leaving my home without my carry ...

Thread: Killer clowns and such

Killer clowns and such

Hello All,

I have decided to take a trip to Houston for the weekend, and would not dream of leaving my home without my carry guns (especially in Houston). I did however want to know from all my fellow Texans from Houston, anything you all could tell me about carrying in houston. I know all the usual stuff (30.06, 51%, etc), but I wanted to know all the unwritten stuff. Police attitudes, especially bad parts of town, and anything else you all would be willing to share. We are also going to the circus at Reliant Stadium. Can I carry there? I hear those clowns can be pretty mean. You can never be too careful!

Thanks all!

P.S.- As I have only lived in Texas for a year, I have never spent more time in Houston than it takes to get through on my way back to my home state Louisiana. Any reccommendations on things to do while there would be apreciated as well.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

2. Remove Ads

Just follow all the applicable laws, like you were trained and you'll be fine. Keep it concealed, don't carry in a bar, school, athletic event, or racetrack. The circus should be okay since it's not a permanent amusement park, unless they make 51% or more of their income from sales of alcohol to consume on premises.

If you get stopped by LE, be respectful, hand them your CHL along with your driver's license. For more info and off-limits places, see this link:
    http://www.packing.org/state/texas/#stateoff_limits

Have fun in Houston!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    I know one thing to not do in Houston...get robbed, man that place is violent lately.

Hope you have a fun trip.
    Fear No Evil.

Bring your crappiest vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by GlockinItUp
    Hello All,

I have decided to take a trip to Houston for the weekend, and would not dream of leaving my home without my carry guns (especially in Houston). I did however want to know from all my fellow Texans from Houston, anything you all could tell me about carrying in houston. I know all the usual stuff (30.06, 51%, etc), but I wanted to know all the unwritten stuff. Police attitudes, especially bad parts of town, and anything else you all would be willing to share. We are also going to the circus at Reliant Stadium. Can I carry there? I hear those clowns can be pretty mean. You can never be too careful!

Thanks all!

P.S.- As I have only lived in Texas for a year, I have never spent more time in Houston than it takes to get through on my way back to my home state Louisiana. Any reccommendations on things to do while there would be apreciated as well.
    If you've got a choice of vehicles to come down in, bring your most beat up one because the traffic here isn't for the faint hearted, especially round Reliant.

Links