IN LCH permit application status

This is a discussion on IN LCH permit application status within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know if thee is a way to check the status on line of an Indiana LCH (carry permit)?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: IN LCH permit application status

IN LCH permit application status

Anyone know if thee is a way to check the status on line of an Indiana LCH (carry permit)?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Not online but you can call here: ISP gun Division at 317-232-8264. Hope this helps.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Not a answer to your question but information you may be interested in. When I renewed my LTCH about a year ago and went for my lifetime turn around was 4 weeks.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Anyone know if thee is a way to check the status on line of an Indiana LCH (carry permit)?
    I don't think you can check status online, but here's some info on current wait time:

IN LTCH Wait - INGO Forum
    Slow scopes, fast cars.
    'Chance favors the prepared mind' - Louis Pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    Not online but you can call here: ISP gun Division at 317-232-8264. Hope this helps.
    I just called that number and didn't actually speak to a human. There was recording that says the best way to tell when your permit may be issued is to check the date that the money order was cashed and then add 12 weeks to that date. 12 WEEKS!!!?? Seriously? If it takes 12 weeks for me to get my permit I am going to hate this backward state even more than I do now.

Good lord, please take me back to the South. They have their stuff together.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I just called that number and didn't actually speak to a human. There was recording that says the best way to tell when your permit may be issued is to check the date that the money order was cashed and then add 12 weeks to that date. 12 WEEKS!!!?? Seriously? If it takes 12 weeks for me to get my permit I am going to hate this backward state even more than I do now.

Good lord, please take me back to the South. They have their stuff together.
    12 weeks is the default answer.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Wait Time.

I called the number for indiana firearms division and it stated to check and see what date your money order or certified check was cashed and add 6 to 8 weeks, thats if you filled it out and sent it by mail. I filled my application out online and did my prints at the local sheriff's office and maile them along with my certified check I am not sure if the makes a difference on the time frame or not. I applied on the 30th of dec. and mailed my prints and check probably 3 or 4 days later. I know the state has been slow when they are backed up with applications in the past. But i haven't received anything from them as of yet.

If you APPLIED on-line and did your prints thru L-1, your turnaround time will be about 2 weeks. If you applied in-person and did not use L-1, it could take up to 12 weeks.

Until this year, most counties in Indiana didn't allow on-line applications, so we are making progress. We're also the only state in the country that issues a LIFETIME permit (and no... you can't get one, unless you live here).

By the way... we're all sick to death of hearing how much you hate Indiana... if you don't like it, your free to move to wherever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MANNINGSBACK View Post
    I called the number for indiana firearms division and it stated to check and see what date your money order or certified check was cashed and add 6 to 8 weeks, thats if you filled it out and sent it by mail. I filled my application out online and did my prints at the local sheriff's office and maile them along with my certified check I am not sure if the makes a difference on the time frame or not. I applied on the 30th of dec. and mailed my prints and check probably 3 or 4 days later. I know the state has been slow when they are backed up with applications in the past. But i haven't received anything from them as of yet.
    You can push 0 during the recording and someone will answer, they will tell you your status. Someone will also answer at the end I the recording. Just tell them you want to know your status regaurding your ltch application.

By the way... we're all sick to death of hearing how much you hate Indiana... if you don't like it, your free to move to wherever you want.
    Dude, that was over a year ago, check the date, chill out a little. Mike is just home sick that's all, besides, he's a good guy and he has warmed up a little to us "Hoosiers" since then.

He hasn't been mouthy in a long time.

Sometimes you have to go where the jobs are (like Mike had to) to keep your family clothed and food on the table.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Quote Originally Posted by Wwwildthing View Post
    Thank you so much for your insightful and helpful post, even though you failed to recognize that my thread was started well over a year ago. In fact, I think it has been many months since I mentioned anything negative about Indiana. We have grown accustomed to it, though it still isn't home to us. You will be happy to note that I am leaving your fair state to go back to my beloved Tennessee.

Over the course of the 18 months or so I have lived here, I have grown fond of Indianapolis. It is a wonderful city and a very patriotic city. The War Memorial is amazing and the 9/11 memorial is one of the most moving monuments I have ever seen. Indianapolis has much to offer and it is a wonderful city.
    Gun Bunny likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

stil lwaiting

Quote Originally Posted by Wwwildthing View Post
    If you APPLIED on-line and did your prints thru L-1, your turnaround time will be about 2 weeks. If you applied in-person and did not use L-1, it could take up to 12 weeks.

Until this year, most counties in Indiana didn't allow on-line applications, so we are making progress. We're also the only state in the country that issues a LIFETIME permit (and no... you can't get one, unless you live here).

i applied online. went to local sherriff (county jail house) and did the l-1. paid there,walked over to commisary deskto pay local fee's. she said 7-8 days you'll get it sir.
    9 weeks later, no permit, mo denial, noNOTHING
    maybe everyone is scared ofthe maya thing or something,but i should have gotten something by now...no convictions. i just wanna get my permit b4 leftist take awaymy rights.....
    anywhere else to find the status at?

the pres. himself said scared people willrun to their guns and bibles...this isnt your dem. that your grandpa voted for ;)
    give me rights and morals anyday:P

stupid

i did the lt 1 prints did app online and have no feloneys or anything and its ben 5 weeks almost have heard nothing no letter sayin no go and no permit ........the first time i did it a year ago by the time they got my paper work it was out of date and they sent it back to me ....

And again, so glad to be back in the land of real freedom, Tennessee. We moved back, went to get out TN DL and when we were in the office, the clerk asked us (Wife and me) if we still had out actual TN permits. We both pulled them out and showed them. He looked at them, said they are still good, haven't expired. He said "since you are TN residents again, these are good to carry on. Would you like to put in the change of address now?" We said yes, he entered the info, gave us a pink slip of paper to carry witht he old permits until the new ones arrive in the mail and told us to have a good day.

God I love Tennessee.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links