A few observations now that I've hit 500 posts...

This is a discussion on A few observations now that I've hit 500 posts... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello DC friends. After joining up several years ago (when it was still CombatCarry.com), I took some time off from posting and visiting the forum, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few observations now that I've hit 500 posts...

Hello DC friends. After joining up several years ago (when it was still CombatCarry.com), I took some time off from posting and visiting the forum, only to come back about 6 months ago on a fairly regular basis. I thought this might be a good opportunity to share some observations...

First, and probably foremost, this remains the most civil forum of it's type that I've found. The discourse here is friendly, new members are warmly welcomed, and any disagreement is based on opinion or fact, not simply emotion (for the most part). I lurk much more than I actually post...

Second, this is a TREMENDOUS resource for those starting their journey after deciding to take more personal responsibility in defending themselves, their families, and their property. It never ceases to amaze me when someone posts some random question about a rare gun, and the collective brains of the group break it down over a matter of a couple of hours. The same can be said for experienced members that are looking for something new, sharing their experiences, or tweaking a practice that could help others.

Third, I learn just as much and have just as much fun with the non-firearm related discussions on the forum. Threads that come to mind include watches, whiskey, coffee, jeeps, etc., etc., etc... This is a great group of guys and gals.

Fourth, Everyone has differing opinions about gun, caliber, carry method, etc. It's all OK, and it all beats a pointed stick (although there is a forum page that would address the proper way to employ a pointed stick and who makes the best one). I found many others like me that are perfectly happy and confident in their abilities with a J frame .38 in the pocket.

In a nutshell, I just wanted to tell the DC members thanks for the ride, and I look forward to my next 500 posts.

Cheers!

PS. You guys still haven't talked me into a Glock, but it ain't for a lack of trying...
    Last edited by Camjr; January 23rd, 2011 at 08:03 PM.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

DC is a great place to spend some time, you learn a lot too!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I would say thats a pretty good observation.

Good post, glad your back regularly, and oh resist the Glockness that is spread on the forum.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Best firearms forum online, no question about it. People from all different backgrounds and ability levels can come here and have intelligent discussions and learn.

The mods and admins do a great job too, and forum members tend to be pretty good at keeping each other in line too.

Its Bumper's place, he is just nice enough to let us all hang out.

EDIT: while being a member here is free, there is a way to donate funds to keep DC running for those who are interested.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Salud!

Sponsor
    Love the place, love the civility, love the intelligent conversation, thanks Bumper.
    Go with the glow

Nice observation. Now keep lurking, there's more to come!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member
    I agree with you. They did talk me into a Glock and I want another.

VIP Member
    Good post, of the different gun forums available, DC is where I spend my time. Everyone is friendly, civil and ready to help another out. You won't find that on the other forums.

Due primarily to the knowledge I've gained here, I made the switch to a 1911 as my ED gun. There's a wealth of knowledge here to pick up on. As you said, Bumper and the mod's do a great job.

I'm still resisting the Glock kool-aid, but I learned a long time ago....Never say Never!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

DC is, without question, the most civil, family friendly gun forum around.
    I know I really appreciate this site...and I appreciated your observations too Camjr!
    Thanks for the post.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Nice post.

PS. You guys still haven't talked me into a Glock, but it ain't for a lack of trying...
    You didn't get your free Glock when your post count hit 250? Oh well.........

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Nice post.

You didn't get your free Glock when your post count hit 250? Oh well.........
    I think I did, but since it was delivered during one of our Texas summers, all I got was a slide, barrel, and a melted puddle of polymer goo in the box...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    This is my 1391st post, and no Glock yet either, its OK ,....not everybody drinks the koolaide!

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I agree with you completely, camjr. I came here shortly after I bought my first gun, and have stayed on to learn more than I ever knew existed. It's a great place.

If anyone gave me a Glock for my 250th, I would have had to return it or sell it. They don't sit well in my hands.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links