Haha - made a guy this evening! - Page 2

Haha - made a guy this evening!

This is a discussion on Haha - made a guy this evening! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sure - a vest can tip us off - 'us' meaning devoted CCW's - but I still say, and knowing I am totally ''print-free'' - ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Assistant Administrator
    Sure - a vest can tip us off - 'us' meaning devoted CCW's - but I still say, and knowing I am totally ''print-free'' - let em keep guessing!!

One thing is that I wear this vest most when biking and vests of some description whether leather or denim are very common so - I'll say that me and vest may ''whisper'' carry but not ''shout''

My prime concern is cover - good cover - and that I have with the vest. Winter of course all prob's go away once long outer shirts in the frame.!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Vest

I wear a photo vest when traveling and did so way before I started carrying (goes with my Tilley hat ). Original reason was I take a lot of pictures (with digital carry extra stuff is not as big a deal), second is all the pockets are real convenient. NOW the third reason is to conceal. I think those who carrying are much more likely to think gun than those who don't when they see a vest IMHO. I even wear mine when flying. If you look at travel clothing catalogs, vest are a featured item these days. Also with everyone carry a cell phone in a holster, most people are thinking cell phone when they see printing under a vest again IMHO.

Springfield XD Service 9MM
    Sig Mosquito w/Red Dot
    Taurus 22 Auto Pocket Pistol
    S&W Chief's Special
    Remington 870
    Enfield Mark III
    SA Black Stainless PX9152L
    Browning BPS 12 ga Upland Special

You know you're getting the hang of concealment when you can dress for summer heat in FL and spend 45 minutes around 5 LEO's in a resteraunt and they never catch on untill you talk in the parking lot and let one know when the subject comes up! That was with a .45 Commander, I do even better with my 638 S&W.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by majordad
    I wear a photo vest when traveling and did so way before I started carrying (goes with my Tilley hat ). Original reason was I take a lot of pictures (with digital carry extra stuff is not as big a deal), second is all the pockets are real convenient. NOW the third reason is to conceal. I think those who carrying are much more likely to think gun than those who don't when they see a vest IMHO. I even wear mine when flying. If you look at travel clothing catalogs, vest are a featured item these days. Also with everyone carry a cell phone in a holster, most people are thinking cell phone when they see printing under a vest again IMHO.
    Was working with my Son one day, helping him install a Door at a Customer's house. The Customer walked in wearing a Vest and a rather large pouch on his waist. We got to talking and it turned out that he used the Vest to carry a Cell Phone, PDA, his car keys, wallet, and glasses case. The pouch on his waist held a calculator, note pad, and a couple of pens. No weapon.

People today are carrying more and more while dressing more and more casual. Safari Vests, Fishing Vests, Photographer Vests, Plain Vests, Leather Vests, etc are more and more common. It appears that those of us that carry guns think they have to be concealing guns while in fact they are JUST VESTS with a wide variety of cargo.

BTW, I used to carry my sunglasses on my waist. Was asked numerous times if I was carrying a gun as the case looked like a vertical carry OWB holster when I had my jacked over it. My gun was concealed "elsewhere" on my body.
    ""If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, I either won't need more or, more won't help me.""

Assistant Administrator
    Major bike run today - for the State Cop's ''Camp Cadet'' system.

Had vest of course and was around plenty of cops - nary a second glance. Boy was it hot tho today - phew - mid nineties pretty much and humid as all get out.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Concealed carry is really not that difficult, even for a big guy like me. I'm 6'-6" and a tad over 300lbs. I have a couple of police officers that had worked for me for over 6 months before I revealed I was carrying. It was one day during a conversation about the Texas CHL laws when one of them made a statement that was not exactly correct and I took out my copy of the Texas penal code and showed him. He said " If I didn't know better I would think you were going for your CHL" . I then took my CHL out and showed it to him along with my Wilson Professional and Taurus PT-145 bug. He said "I gotta get these glasses checked. How long have you been carrying???" I said "long before you came to work for me". They both said they would have never known had I not showed them.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

"Back Pocket"??? I guess it makes a good switch and bait when giving BG your wallet....I don't think I'd enjoy that too much though---i.e. sitting down, etc.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links