Haha - made a guy this evening!

This is a discussion on Haha - made a guy this evening! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is rare indeed, despite PA's huge uptake on CCW - that I make anyone at all. That has to be good I reckon. My ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haha - made a guy this evening!

Assistant Administrator

Haha - made a guy this evening!

It is rare indeed, despite PA's huge uptake on CCW - that I make anyone at all. That has to be good I reckon. My county is very high on permits.

This evening tho - went to Bedford Speedway meeting - real big one - Mid Atlantic Championships event - broadcast live etc too. Heckuva big crowd (I don't like crowds) but I kept seeing this guy walking by with a back pocket containing (I'll bet) a KT - either P-32 or P3AT - by the well printed profile He obviously had no pocket holster!!!

Score - 1 to me - my usual vest cover concealed the Sig, and NAA in front pocket of that - no one would make me ! I doubt tho anyone else was either noticing him or it - or if they did were not concerned - so probably plenty of unobservant sheep around!

(Darned good racing - Napa late models - 50 lap main feature event - only two caution flags - hot stuff!).

Heck - PA is a good place to carry
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Hey Chris,

Is there some kind of competition between CCWers in PA that I don't know about ? Seems like this guy didn't know about it either, or he'd have hidden it better.

BTW good choice in weapons.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Now if only PA had a castle doctrine.

Lead Moderator
    I don't know if not many up here carry or just conceal real well. only made a few since the law has been in effect.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

How do you know you weren't made?? A gun doesn't have to print like it's been shrink wrapped to be noticed.. If it was an issue, descretely let him know, he may be glad you did. But in all reality, with the way people are, you most likely were in the vast minority that noticed anything..
    Be Safe..

Except for Small Of Back without a holster I can't think of a worse place on your body to be made than rear pocket without a holster. With a KT, that guy had many options before walking out the door. Strange that he chose that one.

VIP Member
    Let's chip in to buy him UM pocket holster ($8 wholesale)
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I made a guy at the grocery store last weekend. I'm guessing a full size auto with a steep cant in an IWB. I could see the sight poking out at 2 o'clock, just a little. I recognized this because my taurus does the same thing sometimes. He also had the tell tale signs of alertness, but no paranoia.

What would happen if you walked up to someone and casually pointed their fault (concealing) to them. No one in the world would have guessed that the little poke in is shirt was a gun.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigJS
    How do you know you weren't made?? A gun doesn't have to print like it's been shrink wrapped to be noticed.. If it was an issue, descretely let him know, he may be glad you did. But in all reality, with the way people are, you most likely were in the vast minority that noticed anything..
    Be Safe..
    those vests usually tell the tale to those who are "looking" and most people arent (looking)....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Assistant Administrator
    How do you know you weren't made??
    Well printing certainly was not an issue - and the vest? Keep em guessing I say To me ''made'' is not a guess - it is proof positive thru printing or maybe exposure of part of gun/rig that does it.
    Now if only PA had a castle doctrine
    Amen to that - I hope we do go that way, as it's potentially on the books for signing.
    Is there some kind of competition between CCWers in PA that I don't know about
    Haha - no not that I know of, but with an estimated 6.75% carry uptake and the size crowd like last night - law of averages says a lot of folks could have been carrying.

Thing is - it is VERY rare indeed to make anyone - so much so it's hard to believe the figures! I couldn't have mentioned to this guy with the pocket KT as I was surrounded by way too many folks to have had a quiet word. (crowds - yuk!)
    Chris - P95

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Saw a guy in a grocery store awhile back, he had on an ankle holster, his pants were too tight and the gun was a little large for the ankle.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

+1 P95 on the vest.. Carrying is like getting a new car, you don't notice how many other cars there are that are like yours. Your just not looking for YOUR car..
    Stay safe!!

VIP Member
    Hey, Chris, I didn't make anybody today, but I did freak a guy out when I showed him my P239. We were at Beretta Range Day and of course I had both the Sig and the KT P32 on me. I still don't have my new holster from K&D, but then it's only been 8 weeks so I don't expect it for a while. I am still carrying in the Comp-tac Pro Undercover at 2. I have finished my second trip through and have fired the 90-two, the Px4, and the Cx4. There are a couple of guys standing there and we are talking about the different pistols. BTW I am dressed similar to this:

Please remember that I am 100 miles from home and don't know anyone there personally. I know two of the people running the shoot because they work at a gun shop in Birmingham that I go by whenever I am up there. As we were talking about the Px4 one guy says that he thinks he might get a Px4 because he needs a smaller pistol. Like a flash I said: "If you want a smaller pistol why don't you try one of these." I lift the edge of my shirt and very carefully pulled the P239 out and turning it around handed it to him.

It was a good thing his teeth were really his or we would have had to dig them out of the ground. He is standing there on a pistol range with people coming over from the next range where CAS meet is taking place. These guys had the big revolvers on their hips. There are people talking guns and shooting guns and he never had a clue that I was carrying after standing in line with me for at least 10 minutes, then shooting beside me, and finally come back behind the line and talking about the pistols we had shot. I will give him credit he did not let it shake him. He looked at the Sig and said the guy with him had one for himself and one for each of his two sons. Then he handed it back. I put it in the holster and dropped the edge of the shirt and he looked where it was and shook his head.

I felt pretty good knowing that in such a surrounding he had not even considered the possibility that I might have a pistol on me. Guess it's a good thing I didn't show him the other one.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    Classic story George.

Some good friends we bike with did not know until last year I carried - and that was after much time spent together!!! They simply were dumbstruck not to have realized!! Only reason they knew in the end was the wife wanted a handgun with a view to carry eventually.

Love the pic
    Chris - P95

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Well printing certainly was not an issue - and the vest? Keep em guessing I say To me ''made'' is not a guess - it is proof positive thru printing or maybe exposure of part of gun/rig that does it.
    Take this for what it's worth, but everytime I see a person with a vest on, the first thing I think is that he's carrying.

I think the kind of clothes that dr_cmg has is a better setup, something that most everyone wears. Most people, at least up here in Seattle, don't wear vests normally.

In fact, I was at a grocery store a few weeks ago, when my friend pointed out a guy in a vest, with what looked like a gun printing through a pocket. I watched him for a while, just to see if I could make it out for sure, but he turned out to be left handed, and the pocket his "weapon" was in was in a right-hand exclusive pocket. Point of that story is that it was the vest that tipped us to him, right or wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links