Potty Problem...

This is a discussion on Potty Problem... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, folks. This may come off as "bathroom humor" but not intentionally. Sooo, seriously, when it's time to do your business, especially in a public ...

Thread: Potty Problem...

Distinguished Member

Potty Problem...

Ok, folks. This may come off as "bathroom humor" but not intentionally. Sooo, seriously, when it's time to do your business, especially in a public facility, what do you do with your firearm? Set it on the floor? (ugh). Grasp it firmly? Etc. It sure gets dicey when your belt no longer holds the gun to your side. Seems like more than once it does a ninety degree shift while your heart jumps up to your throat.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

I draw mine as I drop my drawers, and leave it in the bunched-up shorts and trou around my ankles so it's not easily visible to anyone outside the stall. Depending on your dexterity, when it's time to stand up you can either hold the piece in one hand, or clamp firmly under one armpit (as I do) so you have the use of 1.5 hands to get things back into place.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I unholster and either lay my gun on the TP holder,or sit it in the crotch of my trousers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I don't really do anything differently than I would if I didn't have a gun. I don't understand what issue there is.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    I don't really do anything differently than I would if I didn't have a gun. I don't understand what issue there is.
    Yep, maybe because I cary AIWB it's a bit easier.....
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    yeah im confused about it too, i always just took the gun off and set it somewhere not visible outside the stall, when done reholster not hard. the trick is doing this with a duty belt on fully loaded, any suggestions other than that main hook for what to do with my duty belt?

note, while on duty i try my best to use those places with the bathrooms made for only one occupant with a closing locking full door and enclosed sink and toliet faciliy so i have complete privacy
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Ok, folks. This may come off as "bathroom humor" but not intentionally. Sooo, seriously, when it's time to do your business, especially in a public facility, what do you do with your firearm? Set it on the floor? (ugh). Grasp it firmly? Etc. It sure gets dicey when your belt no longer holds the gun to your side. Seems like more than once it does a ninety degree shift while your heart jumps up to your throat.
    I let it stay on my belt, and just make sure it doesn't flip over. Never really a problem so far. I keep the belt and waist of the pants (and gun) up, resting on knees.

The firearm and holster either remain in place on knees, or they are removed (clip holster) and shoved into a pants or coat pocket for the duration of the business at hand. The weapon NEVER leaves my person.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Just flip the waist band of your undies over the grip of the gun to hold it upright and shield it from view.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Been posted here before. Here is a link to Limatunes youtube video on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEjidDyyn8U
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Administrator
    Practice at home. If human beings can go to the moon & back ~ you can figure it all out on your own.
    If not....then the subject has been covered numerous times right here on DC. Use the "search" feature.

Links