Miami News This Morning - Page 2

Miami News This Morning

This is a discussion on Miami News This Morning within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JonB Have you been to other countries? Do you know how common it is in Europe for police to be standing around ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Have you been to other countries? Do you know how common it is in Europe for police to be standing around with MP5s out in public or places like the airport?

And just because you don't have a reason to OC doesn't mean that applies to everyone.

But there is a big difference between armed uniformed police being out in public, to just ordinary citizens walking around openly armed. Most people are not afraid of law enforcement, and feel safer when they are present.

This discussion about these proposed laws really belongs in the gun legislation discussion group here on this website, and not here in the concealed carry discussion group, where it is off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    I have worn the uniform, the military uniform, and am now a citizen. I was 18 and in-theater/boots-on-ground for the first Gulf War and a civilian contractor for the second. I openly carried weapons when overseas whether as a military member or a civilian and feel I have earned the right to protect myself, my family and my loved ones when home. I feel I should be permitted to do so.
    I disagree, I don't think you should need to be permitted to exercise your right. While these new laws are a step in the right direction, they'd still fall short.

If doctors want to ask, fine but there needs to be no obligation to answer, and if you do answer no obligation to answer truthfully and frankly my doctor doesn't need to know anything about if I do or do not own firearms and anyone asking about it that's not related directly to lead exposure is
    probably going to see me just up and walk out the door. The last thing I want is someone to be providing subpar care due to personal prejudice.

Glock Certified Armorer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links