AZ is on the ball with their CWP's

This is a discussion on AZ is on the ball with their CWP's within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I mailed my application off and got my CWP within 2wks! WOW...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ is on the ball with their CWP's

AZ is on the ball with their CWP's

I mailed my application off and got my CWP within 2wks! WOW
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

2. Remove Ads

yep...me too back in October 2010. I've been on a "one man mission" to spread the word of AZ since.

I don't get it. You can carry in AZ without a permit just like I can here in VT but if I wanted to get an AZ permit for reciprocity purposes I have to take a Certified CWP class and get finger printed? I've taken a number of different firearms courses that wouldn't be a problem just seems odd that I would have to get finger printed and show proof of training when you don't even need a permit to carry in the first place.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

I love AZ. Mine was processed 9 days after I sent it in, and that included a Friday state furlough day.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    I don't get it. You can carry in AZ without a permit just like I can here in VT but if I wanted to get an AZ permit for reciprocity purposes I have to take a Certified CWP class and get finger printed? I've taken a number of different firearms courses that wouldn't be a problem just seems odd that I would have to get finger printed and show proof of training when you don't even need a permit to carry in the first place.
    What do you do if you want to go to another state? In VT you seem to be SOL as they don't even offer permits if I'm not mistaken.

In AZ if you want to carry in places it is only legal to do so concealed and with a license, guess what- you need a license. If you want to go out of state and carry concealed, guess what- you need a license. AZ also has one of the best permits wrt other states accepting it.

Did I mention I love AZ?

Many states will ‘honor’ your AZ permit so long as the training, fingerprinting and qualification requirements are similar to their own.

No i understand the permit for reciprocity reasons. In VT your right theirs no permit but that's why I have non resident permits for the states I travel to. Az is great and it's nice they have a permit if you want to get one so you can go to other states just seems odd that you have to get printed and take a class for permit that you don't even need unless your going out of state. I understand just seemed odd to me, guess I'm weird. I love VT, this state understands they don't need to make people pay and prove themselves to be able to legally defend themselves. AZ is just as good and I'm glad they finally jumped on the wagon with AK and VT. I usually only travel to NH and ME now a days and I have a permit for both those states so I'm covered, I don't need VT to issue permits. No permit issued is just one less thing fedzilla can control.

I hate that some states require you to be finger printed like a criminal to be able to legally defend yourself, it's just not right.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

It eliminates the need for a background check when buying guns also.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Another good thing about AZ CWP cost $60.
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    It eliminates the need for a background check when buying guns also.
    What Husker said. AZ gun dealers have been known to give price breaks for CCW permit holders, 'cause it makes their paper work soooo much easier.

The CCW class is worth the price of admission, if for nothing more than to learn the AZ laws. The range time was scary, the lady next to me shot my target, the instructor looked at my target first and admonished me for shooting more than 5 rounds. It was a no brainer.... I had my 5 shot SP101 the lady next to me had a MKIII. When he realized the 38 holes and the 22 holes were different, he looked at our guns, apologized to me. He then told the lady, "Mam you shot the wrong target, I'll still qualify you if you shoot your target next time". I think I should have been given extra credit or 15 holes in my target with only 10 rounds fired.

Had to do the finger print thing 2 times. The first set of electronic prints were a problem. It took me almost 2 months.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Congrats!! GA had me concealing in 9 days. When the courthouse called me after 9 days asking me to come in, I told my wife "Im either picking up my permit or going to jail!" Congrats again
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bkrazy View Post
    Congrats!! GA had me concealing in 9 days. When the courthouse called me after 9 days asking me to come in, I told my wife "Im either picking up my permit or going to jail!" Congrats again
    Gwinnett had mine to me in 8 days flat from start to finish, that includes the two days I missed getting fingerprinted due to time conflicts with school, the day or two it was in the mail to me, and the weekend in between the Tuesday at probate, the Thursday at fingerprinting, and the weekend in between me getting it on the next Wednesday!

After I sent my application, two sets of fingerprints, certificates of training and a copy of my DD214 it took about 30 days for me to get my AZ CWP. I'll be moving there the end of June so this is one less thing I need to worry about.
    Vietnam Veterans of America - Life Member
    NRA - Life Member / GOA - Life Member
    SAF - Life Member / AzCDL - Life Member
    Avid motorcyclist for over 50 years.

A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by jbphoto357 View Post
    After I sent my application, two sets of fingerprints, certificates of training and a copy of my DD214 it took about 30 days for me to get my AZ CWP. I'll be moving there the end of June so this is one less thing I need to worry about.
    Having been talking about AZ's process since Oct...30 days is the longest i've heard so far.

Wow, just mailed mine of. Im not sure how quick Louisiana is. Boy they whant to know everything about you lol, cant blame them I guess. You have to send them a money order for $125.00, you have to fill out the form, you have to send them a pass port picture, send them a copy of your drivers lic, your finger prints on a FBI card signed by a police officer, copy of your conceal class certificate and certified copy of court mintues if youve ever been arrested. Guys do the other states need that much info and is $125.00 kinda high? Please dont get me wrong, im not complaining, just curious.

Pretty short turnaround time for something that you shouldn't have to have...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links