Need a link

This is a discussion on Need a link within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A long while back I recall someone posted a link to a study, or rather a collection of studies, that basically debunks all the antigun ...

Thread: Need a link

Need a link

A long while back I recall someone posted a link to a study, or rather a collection of studies, that basically debunks all the antigun arguments. It looked to be a real legit article. My recollection off it was that it was a 100 or so page PDF document. Any help would be appreciated.

D
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote"
    --Benjamin Franklin

"Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice."
    --Henry Ford

2. Remove Ads

This what you're looking for?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    This what you're looking for?
    Thanks for sharing.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Here is a recent paper written by someone at GCO. It is very well done in my opinion.

http://www.georgiacarry.com/research...d_Bans_Bad.pdf

Sled

Thanks for the links but neither is the one I am looking for. As hard as it is to believe, I think it was a government document. It basically had all the same info as these links but written with much more unbiased language/tone.

Thanks,
    D
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote"
    --Benjamin Franklin

--Henry Ford

Concealed,

I found the Gun Facts document to be fact packed... and unbiased. You might be looking for something called How To Win the Top 17 Anti-Gun Arguments I think it's available for download from USCCA... but I think that requires membership in their club... IIRC, it's ~100 pages... I've seen a copy.. it's pretty good.

But Gun Facts is free, full of statistics, good third party sources, etc. It's the learning how to argue with the emotional anti-gun nut that ain't so easy.

I do believe it's part of our responsibility to win the hearts and minds of some antis. And, if their livelyhood doesn't depend on it like those from; Handgun Control, Inc. (the Brady folks), Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, etc., it can be done... But you won't accomplish anything if you just get into a yelling match.

While some say "Never argue with an idiot, they only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." If you do it carefully, you can at least show them that your side isn't WRONG. You can't really win the argument with a died-in-the-wool-anti. But you can show them that all people who carry handguns are not "Clinging-to-their-Guns-compensating-violent-irresponsible-wackos."

Good luck in your endeavors, if that is what you aim to do... It's a worthwhile struggle.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedXDm View Post
    Thanks for the links but neither is the one I am looking for. As hard as it is to believe, I think it was a government document. It basically had all the same info as these links but written with much more unbiased language/tone.
    Thanks,
    D
    An unbiased study on gun control from the gummint? I doubt such a thing could exist - it would immediately dissipate in a flash like when matter and antimatter collide.

The downloaded file from GunFacts is about 100 pages long.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member
    I'm a big fan of Gun Facts. I have the PDF on my phone and pc, and I intend to get it bound. Since the author does bindings at cost, I'll just do it myself to save him the hassle.

I also recommended making a donation to support his efforts. It's an amazing resource...

Thanks for everyones help. After many a search, I found what I was looking for. If anyone cares, the link is below. Thanks again.

D

Trust the People: The Case Against Gun Control
    --Benjamin Franklin

--Henry Ford

Links