super bowl question

super bowl question

This is a discussion on super bowl question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been listening to talk radio this morning and was wondering if anyone from the board attended? The main question is was there a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

super bowl question

I have been listening to talk radio this morning and was wondering if anyone from the board attended? The main question is was there a 30-06 sign at the entrance and if not what were they doing about CHL holders? I would have hated to carry through the 2 hr wait just to find out that I could not carry inside.

I don't know about TX, But FL don't allow cc at sporting events posted or not ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

We can't carry into sporting events in NC either. That said, it seems like a dangerous place to have your ccw. You are nut-to-butt with tens of thousands of people. There are cops everywhere. Even the parking lots are going to be jammed. At worst, you'll encounter a pickpocket outside the event. Attendance at the game costs a small fortune, so I doubt any scum bags are going to plop down the entrance fee in order to rob or assault attendees in front of tens of thousands of people.

There is a far larger statistical opportunity to have a ND or to rub up against someone and expose your ccw and cause a panic. I would have left mine at home.

Whether it is legal in TX or not, I don't know.
    I have been carrying daily for the past 25 years, some of those years as an LEO, others on a CCW.
    I have carried to numerous sporting events, to include several playoff games and All-Star games i.e. packed stadiums!

A PROPERLY concealed handgun allows you to carry everywhere and anytime. (As long as its legal.) A PROPERLY carried, modern day, fully operational handgun, in a well made holster, with a well made belt, has 0% chance of NDing, unless you have your finger on the trigger and pull it!
    Would I carry to a Super Bowl, if legal in my state and the stadium did not have any opposition to it, you bet, if you're going to carry, then carry.
    As we all know, the day you don't carry is the day that you will need it!
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

In Texas you're prohibited form carrying in a professional sporting event.

PC 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE
    HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license
    holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person
    under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,
    and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
    (2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional
    sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless
    the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used
    in the event;
    It pays to know the law before you go into a situation where you might have to return to the car and disarm.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Ahhh - another LEO weighs in......

Let's not muddy the waters here. My primary concern would be bumping up against someone or inadvertently exposing my firearm and hear someone shout out "This guy has a gun!"

Can you imagine that problems that would likely cause? Plus, I don't have my creds as a get-out-of-jail-free card.

What if I needed it to shoot in self defense? How likely would be the opportunity to kill some innocent bystander in that large a crowd?

Before I end up shooting some kid attending the "Big Game" with his dad, I'll let my life expire.

It was the Superbowl it was a "level one target" whatever that means, according to DHS and listening to the radio police scanner feeds before the game for how big a deal pocket knife caused getting into the stadium 4-5 hours before the game and considering you would have been concealing against magnetometer and back-scatter and pat down screening; I'm going to say you probably would have been doing a lot of explaining to federal officials; however I do not know if it was posted or what the TX details would be regarding that. It really makes you wonder when this game was pushed as being "Hope for America" meant so many people giving up their civil liberties and being treated like prison inmates in order to see a football game.

Glock Certified Armorer

I doubt signs were posted because you could not have carried (leagally) into that stadium in Texas regardless.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Just as an fyi...Georgia doesn't allow carry to sporting events either.
    Better to have and to hold, than to leave in the nightstand.....

I don't think the secret service would have found it funny if they found someone CC. my bet you would have missed the game.

Discression is the better part of CYA.
    Wot part of 'public servant' don't they understand!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    We can't carry into sporting events in NC either. That said, it seems like a dangerous place to have your ccw. You are nut-to-butt with tens of thousands of people. There are cops everywhere. Even the parking lots are going to be jammed. At worst, you'll encounter a pickpocket outside the event. Attendance at the game costs a small fortune, so I doubt any scum bags are going to plop down the entrance fee in order to rob or assault attendees in front of tens of thousands of people.

There is a far larger statistical opportunity to have a ND or to rub up against someone and expose your ccw and cause a panic. I would have left mine at home.
    The problem is the walk from and back to the car. I have had some tense moments returning to my car after college football games in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by jwarren View Post
    The problem is the walk from and back to the car. I have had some tense moments returning to my car after college football games in the past.
    College games =/= Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by jwarren View Post
    I agree with you on that, I attend home games at Williams Brice in Columbia and always carry simply because of the walk to and from.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    This is why I live in AZ...no dumb laws about stuff like sporting events. Yeah, they can ask you to check your firearm or remove it, but it's a request of the operator and not law. Still, for most major sporting events you're not going to be welcome if they find you carrying. Here in AZ the only ones that I have seen using detectors are Phoenix Suns games. Good thing I am not much of a basketball fan.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links