Pizza delivery man arrested for defending himself - Page 2

Pizza delivery man arrested for defending himself

This is a discussion on Pizza delivery man arrested for defending himself within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do not understand how anyone who cares about themselves or the lives of their loved ones can live in any state that denies them ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pizza delivery man arrested for defending himself

I've said it before and I'll say it again....

I do not understand how anyone who cares about themselves or the lives of their loved ones can live in any state that denies them their basic constitutional rights.

PRIL, PRW, PRNJ...just to name a few. I wouldn't be caught dead in them and I surely would not live in them.
    I will not visit them. I will not spend my money in them.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

PT - Tell us how you really feel.
    I have to agree with you. I'd be making tracks out of there as soon as I could. Birds of a feather flock together. If you're not a sheeple, you don't belong there.
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

I'd love to be on the jury. I'd clear the real victim and burn the other kids ass.

The delivery guy did what he had to do.
    Mighty HD

It appears that only criminals have rights in Wisconsin.

Unfortunately the criminals had BB guns, if they'd had real guns there may be some public support. I doubt things will go well for this guy.

There was a case in Abilene, Texas not long back that is very similiar to this one.

Pizza delivery man shot a teenager who was in a group of several that were trying to rob him after calling in a false delivery order. He shot the one that had the gun.

Even though Texas does have CHL, the delivery man did not have a license to carry..... so he was in clear violation of the law when he shot the youth because he was carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.

The DA did not charge him, said it was a clear cut case of self defense.

Texas is a GREAT place to live !!!

Quote Originally Posted by enigmaone
    Thank god nobody died
    i disagree. its a waste of bullets that the junior thugs didnt die. im willing to bet they didnt learn a damn thing....other than to use real guns when jacking the next delivery guy.

....harsh i know, but i just have no pity on human garbage.

its a shame that they will probably hang him out to dry because he shot a kid. the fact that the kid had a "bb" gun that looked like a real gun and they were trying to rob him. Maybe the gov of WI will finally see the light but i think this will make him more the firm believer of what he is doing when vetoing the cc bill. maybe the people of WI will get him out of office and put someone there that will pull his head out of his rearend and get things moving in the right direction. I know my parents that live there will not be voting for him!

Here's my take:

I was born in WI, Oshkosh to be exact. I lived in Milwaukee from 92-96 (84th and Good Hope for the locals). I lived in Green Bay area from 96 up until a year and a half ago. I moved to MI because I wanted to carry a firearm for protection. I moved 4 hours north of Green Bay, approximately 235mi.

First off, it sucks that WI doesn't have CCW yet. Dump Doyle, Get Green. Enough said on that.

Second of all, this guy could stretch the interpretation in Hamden v State, the one giving the right to carry concealed on personal property, including business property. The DL (defense lawyer) could argue two points in this case:

Point one being that the driver's vehicle was being used for employment, ie business and it is property, thus he would be legal to carry concealed in his vehicle, even though WI state law prohibits loaded carry in a vehicle.

Point two being that the interpretation of aforementioned case states that IF you can prove a need that your safety and well being was so intimate and important that you needed to violate 941.23 (CCW ban statute) by carrying a concealed weapon and that your safety outweighed public order, then it would be legal. There is a user on GT that fits this bill perfectly.

In a liberal Milwaukee, it is hard to prove the above, but those are legal avenues, IMO, that the lawkyer could pursue. Then again he could get lucky like the AR man who shot and killed two juviniles a year or so ago as they beat him to the ground and stompt his head. He drew a firearm and shot them both dead. He wasn't charged with anything. But I suspect they (DA) didn't want this case to be the test case for the WI SC regarding the heated debate of CCW.

In Hamden v State, the WI SC was VERY, VERY close to ruling in favor of VT style carry, no permit needed as state and federal constitutions upheld the carrying of firearms. The only reason, which they articulated, was that the Shall Issue wave of legislation was passing over the country at a rapid pace, legislatively speaking. I am sure if the delivery person, the real victim, has enough jing to fight this all the way to the top, I will guarentee the WI SC takes a look at it, as they review ALL firearm cases in the state, and hopefully strike WI Ch. 941.23 as being unconstitutional.

It may be a stretch, but it could be done.

This topic is a concern of mine as I am a pizza jockey too, but I am fortunate enough to have a concealed carry permit.

Freakshow10mm out.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Also, in Fisher, the WI SC stated "imminent threat" is justified means to carry a firearm.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    [QUOTE=dr_cmg]Hey, Randy, do you think they would get the message if about 10% of the population up and moved? QUOTE]

Do you think they would get the message if 10% of the population walked into police stations on the same day and said, "I am wearing a concealed weapon. Please arrest me so that I may challenge the constitutionality of the law."?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection
    i disagree. its a waste of bullets that the junior thugs didnt die. im willing to bet they didnt learn a damn thing....other than to use real guns when jacking the next delivery guy.

....harsh i know, but i just have no pity on human garbage.
    NaturalSelection, Not sure how long this post will stick around, but I have to second it. Good post!
    As to all of the moving comments...It's strange. I suppose I see my views gradually changing over time, whether for better or worse. I used to be in the crowd that said "get up and move" or "why stick around with the sheeple?". However, upon reflection, I ask this: How many times are we going to move? The founders of this country moved, not just to another state or county or even just to another nearby country. No, they moved across the world to a completely new continent. Did that solve the problem? Apparently not. The change effected by their move was short-lived.

this poor guy was delivering pizza's, i do not think he will be able to aford the fees to hire a good lawyer, i do hope one will step forword to aid this guy.

Any charges against the two teens? I know in most places robbery with a BB gun is still armed robbery! Unfortunate situation all the way around. One thing about legal CCW is that most states require some tactical training. This delivery guy may or may not have done anything to better himself through valuable training. Though I don't think any of us would take the time to ask if it was a real gun.

probably gonna use a public defender.....

then he will need another one for the civil action he will undoubtably face as well....

yeah, there are definitly a few states to stay out of....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links