Pizza delivery man arrested for defending himself - Page 3

Pizza delivery man arrested for defending himself

This is a discussion on Pizza delivery man arrested for defending himself within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; khicks, actually you can make pretty decent money as a pizza jockey. I am one now and I make twice the average wage up here. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pizza delivery man arrested for defending himself

khicks, actually you can make pretty decent money as a pizza jockey. I am one now and I make twice the average wage up here. Average wage is around $6/hr, I routinely make at least $12-15/hr including wages and tips. The money isn't guarenteed, but I worked with drivers in Green Bay that make over $40K a year.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Probably the only home based FFL that doesn't do transfers.

Charges?

Will he be charged with the actual shooting or just carrying concealed. I've read of other cases (in other states) in which if the shoot itself was legal, they don't worry about the concealement of the weapon.

This will probably hold off CCW laws fro a bit longer. after all , WI lawmakers don't want citizens shooting innocent criminals.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrative Ban Array Red Stick's Avatar
    Post removed by moderators. Not acceptable content.

Thumbs down Bad laws make criminals out of good people

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    Sadly as much as we may think he "did the right thing" the guy broke the law, and now he has to pay the price.

That is the reason this forum is so hard on those few folks that have suggested doing something illegal.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6 !!!

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    Sadly as much as we may think he "did the right thing" the guy broke the law, and now he has to pay the price.

That is the reason this forum is so hard on those few folks that have suggested doing something illegal.
    Amen, bro
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

When I left the Army, I went through a long process of choosing where I live. Thank god I chose to move to Florida. Gotta love the gunshine state.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

The way I see it, he carried a firearm consintent to rights expressed in the US CON and WI CON. 941.23 is unconstitutional.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Probably the only home based FFL that doesn't do transfers.

Wow, that sucks....

I delivered (and still do, when drivers call off sometimes) for 10 years or so.... I've been robbed, about every other year, and have been assaulted in two of those robberies, and shot in one of them.

I can definately see why he carries.... I've done so (Under ohio's OLD [read PRE-CCW] 'affirmative defense' laws) since year 2....
    Where's the best place to apply for your Ohio CHL?
    Find out at http://ccwhen.com! (Now with Chat!)

Единственная реальная власть приходит из длинней винтовки.

Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm
    khicks, actually you can make pretty decent money as a pizza jockey. I am one now and I make twice the average wage up here. Average wage is around $6/hr, I routinely make at least $12-15/hr including wages and tips. The money isn't guarenteed, but I worked with drivers in Green Bay that make over $40K a year.

Dang straight. One of my drivers called off tuesday, so I was called in to deliver, instea of manage.

I worked 7pm - 11pm, 4 hours.

In that time, I took 12 deliveries, @ $1 reimbursement each ($12 total), and made $53 in tips ($65 total). That's $16.25/hr, and that's w/o my hourly wage (which in my case, is a yearly salary, but most drivers here get around $6.5/hr), so, all in all, that was $22.75/hr, not bad, imho. Of course, it gets whittled down, by gas, and the 3-week oil change, if you do it a lot....

Not bad for an entry level job... (Sorta, personally, I don't hire guys w/o experience, but, I've not hired/fired/lost a driver in 3 years...)

Then again, that was an exceptional night, and our area has some of the best tippers in Ohio..... My personal average is more like $12/hour (Excluding hourly wage)
    Where's the best place to apply for your Ohio CHL?
    Find out at http://ccwhen.com! (Now with Chat!)

Единственная реальная власть приходит из длинней винтовки.

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    If somebody could tell me, I'd love to hear it why does a conservative, who believes in self defense, enjoys shooting, want to carry, Live In a Marxist Workers Paradise like so of the states we have in this country in the Northeast or the Criminal Left Coast?
    When I left the military, I could have gone anywhere and since then I've had the oppurtunity to transfer to several other states, among them Kalifornicastan, of which I declined. I choose to live where there is a certian ammount of freedom, Texas.

A Texan is wanting to know.
    Not trying to flame, but just wanting why would one live where their values are so far different than the Marxist running the State.

Jungle Work

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    The people that are posting saying people should moving out of WI have it backwards. All of us need to move there and vote out the Governor. Then we need to move to Illinois and free those people from their government.

Until then I feel bad for the pizza guy but he broke the law, and has to pay the consequences.

If you are on the jury, do you thumb your nose at the law because you don't like it? He needs to be found guilty, and appeal until he can get a court to strike sown the law because his constitutional rights have been violated. The problem is a pizza guy can not afford to hire enough really great lawyers to win this battle.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

So in states that don't allow CCW's really don't care about the welfare of their citizens.
    It comes a time in your life when you run across someone you should have never @#$$% with. Allow me to introduce myself!

hey in today's society he could prob sue the familys of the kids because they caused him to be jailed and fired. sue them for pain, suffering, lost wages, and the cost of appeals to get the law changed!....that would be a lawsuit that i would find funny if he actually won though =O) we can dream for the worth while cases at least =o)

It's been said...but he should have moved. They have pizza in VT, PA, and FL right?
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links