How many get slack about carrying ?

This is a discussion on How many get slack about carrying ? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been carrying since 95 and have had to pull it only once and the sight of it was enough to make him decide he ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many get slack about carrying ?

How many get slack about carrying ?

I've been carrying since 95 and have had to pull it only once and the sight of it was enough to make him decide he wanted to be some place else.After all these years I find myself sometimes thinking about leaving it at home but I still carry it everyday.Anyone else leave theirs home sometimes?

2. Remove Ads

I'm always armed, except when I go to work...I work in a school! I can't even have it in the car on the school lot.
    My firearm is part of a ritual...watch, wallet, glasses, phone, OC spray, knife, and firearm....I am never without it (outside of school).
    Hopefully, the changes being sought in the FL gun laws will fix that problem, we'll see.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Unfortunately, due to the laws in Georgia, there are places I cannot CC. In situations like that, I will remove my gun and lock it in the truck. But it goes back on as soon as I get back to it. Of course work goes without saying...not allowed there either, even on the property locked in the vehicle. But to answer directly, I do not voluntarily leave it at home if I do not have to.
    Better to have and to hold, than to leave in the nightstand.....

No gun at work, it's a Felony to carry at my work, but everywhere else I carry.

I suffer from Murrphyitis. A disease were if it can happen, it'll happen to me. So, the day I decide to not carry will be the day I'll need my gun.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    My girlfriend complains all the time, but I don't care I am always armed
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

one time. I though it was in the glove box. the wife put it in the house for me. I was paraniod all day. Thankfully I was in sneedville that day.

Well,I compromised a little.I have a p32 that I can just slip in my pocket.It all depends on where I'm going.I live in a small town about 25 miles south of Dallas where I will just carry the little one.

If I leave the house, It's on my hip. Period.

I do get lax about carrying in the house though. But I usually have one or two within reach.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Here in Ohio, there are so many places you can't legally carry under the current law that during the average outing I'm more likely NOT to be carrying.

Hopefully the law re: carrying in establishments with a liquor license will be changing soon.

Administrator
    "Anyone else leave theirs home sometimes?"

Nope, though occasionally I will opt for a smaller more compact firearm...AKA with "suit pants" and attending a wedding or a funeral...hopefully not my own...funeral.

I'm armed everywhere, every time it is legal. Here in Florida, that's most of the time. I'm a believer in O'Leary's corollary to Murphy's Law.:
    "Murphy was an optimist"
    Rick

Gun owners' prayer:
    "Dear Lord; if I die please don't let my wife sell my gun collection...........for what I told her it was worth"

When I feel lackadaisical, I'll downsize to just a j-frame in my pocket.

Otherwise, the only time that I don't carry is when it's illegal.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I did think about not carrying from time to time around my so-called safe area until I needed my gun in that same "safe" area. Good thing for me I did have it with me and no longer question myself about carrying again.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    No gun at work, it's a Felony to carry at my work, but everywhere else I carry.

I suffer from Murrphyitis. A disease were if it can happen, it'll happen to me. So, the day I decide to not carry will be the day I'll need my gun.

^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^

While it is not against the law for me to carry while working, the coporate policy is no firearms,
    so I abide by it.
    BUT, I carry while to and from work, and just about any waking minute thereafter.

I am even becoming one of the carry while at/in home guys, because of what I've learned while here at DC.
    Last edited by oneshot; February 12th, 2011 at 05:21 PM.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

If I leave the house, I have my gun on me. One of the few exceptions is on Sunday when the Georgia State Legislature will not allow me to protect myself with a gun while I am at Church. Even then, the gun is in the car, but then again, if the bad guy is in the building, a gun in the car is worthless. Maybe I should see how well our hymnbooks do at stopping bullets

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links