A good afternoon,

This is a discussion on A good afternoon, within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TN_Mike But I always wonder, and maybe some of you who have said you are left leaning but pro gun here can ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A good afternoon,

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    But I always wonder, and maybe some of you who have said you are left leaning but pro gun here can answer this for me, how can you continue to vote with the party that has as one of its main planks in its platform, huge gun control initiatives? How do you justify that with yourself? I couldn't do it.
    I don't that is really accurate. Let's not forget that the reps were the proud parents of gun control, not the dems. But mainly I don't vote based on one issue. For example. If you had a choice between two candidate...lets say Hitler (And he's pro gun) or Some other guy that's not a dictator (He's anti gun) are you going to vote for Hitler because he's the pro gun candidate? I vote democrat (most of the time) because I am pro-choice, anti-privatization, pro-gay marriage, pro union, etc, etc ,etc. Gun's is only one issue among many that are important to me.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I still AM a leftist democrat and I own more firepower then any rightist republican I know in my town :)
    During a recent interaction with very right relatives (and our own liberal leanings are well known) who always seem obsessed with the need to carry, they were seemingly aghast that I was carrying two pistols, with extra ammo for both, and a knife and my wife was carrying one pistol, pepper spray and a knife. Kind of an incredulous "What are you expecting...?" as if we were paranoid.

Although there is clearly a correlation, I personally see no contradiction in leaning liberal (and I refuse to allow my disappointment in our current administration change that) while realizing that no matter what your politics, you need to be able to defend yourself. I am not a democrat...I have never had a party affiliation. I do wish those who find Obama disappointing (I do), would have woken up ealier, during the 8 years of Bush - maybe we would all be better off now.

I am nice, polite, cordial, socially conscious, suspicious of big business and big government, concerned about the seemingly active dismantling of the middle class, worshipping of the wealthy and growing income disparity, and concerned with the common welfare - I am also more than ready and willing to do what I must to protect myself and my family.

I have no problem being caring and concerned but, if need be, callous in my defense.
    "To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence." Friedrich Nietzsche

Political Gnostics Unite!

Congrats on the "recruit"!
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I don't that is really accurate. Let's not forget that the reps were the proud parents of gun control, not the dems. But mainly I don't vote based on one issue. For example. If you had a choice between two candidate...lets say Hitler (And he's pro gun) or Some other guy that's not a dictator (He's anti gun) are you going to vote for Hitler because he's the pro gun candidate? I vote democrat (most of the time) because I am pro-choice, anti-privatization, pro-gay marriage, pro union, etc, etc ,etc. Gun's is only one issue among many that are important to me.
    IMHO bad way to phrase it. Most dictators are not pro-gun and never pretended to be. I think TN_Mikes question is a good one. You have stated your belief system. The question still remains. If you vote for the anti-gun candidate, How does it settle with you? I like to look at a candidates entire belief system before I vote, guns is one of the issues for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links