A good afternoon,

A good afternoon,

This is a discussion on A good afternoon, within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What a great afternoon. My friends and I went to the field where we target practice and brought along a novice. As a matter of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A good afternoon,

A good afternoon,

What a great afternoon. My friends and I went to the field where we target practice and brought along a novice. As a matter of fact she had never shot a gun ...... that is until this afternoon. She did well. We started out with gun safety and before long she was popping the targets. She had a great time and has signed up for concealed carry next month.

THE BEST PART (although a little worrisome) She is a life long anti gun bleeding heart person (she is in her 50s). Why is that a little worrisome. Because she thinks the world is getting bad enough that people should arm themselves. Things must be worse than I thought.

Senior Moderator
    It is worse than you thought.

All of a sudden people are figuring out that the world is getting crazier by the day.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I was a Leftist democrat, then I voted for Obama, realized I wasted a vote, because all the great things never came to fruition. Now I am an untrusting Moderate, I disagree with the left and the right equally. But I can agree on one thing, the world is getting %#$@% scary, so I bought some personal protection and have already sent in my CCW App. SO yes, things are bad.

Did you catch the sunday Comics of Doonebury????? Totatly Anti Gun. Not a hijack as it talks about the US getting worst

Senior Moderator
    I was a Leftist democrat, then I voted for Obama, realized I wasted a vote, because all the great things never came to fruition.

Holy COW! It is worse than we thought...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by Druff View Post
    I was a Leftist democrat
    I still AM a leftist democrat and I own more firepower then any rightist republican I know in my town :)
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I still AM a leftist democrat and I own more firepower then any rightist republican I know in my town :)
    Hey, we're all American.....and that is what really counts.

Also, good job with the new shooter/Dem.....she is an American too.

Quote Originally Posted by jwarren View Post
    Also, good job with the new shooter/Dem.....she is an American too.
    Very good point. It's something we tend to forget all to often.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Druff, You are a courageous man. Like you I was equally disgusted with my party, except I was a republican. Now I am an untrusting unaffiliated.

Beans, I did read Doonesbury and have been pondering it. I suspect most of those gun deaths were not caused by law abiding citizens killing someone

Druff, You are a courageous man. Like you I was equally disgusted with my party, except I was a republican. Now I am an untrusting unaffiliated.

Beans, I did read Doonesbury and have been pondering it. I suspect most of those gun deaths were not caused by law abiding citizens killing someone

Quote Originally Posted by jwarren View Post
    Hey, we're all American.....and that is what really counts.
    Amen brother..

Chalk me up as another PRO GUN "bleeding heart". Yes, we do exist.

And I don't know if things are getting worse or if things have just always been worse than many realize.
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

Senior Moderator
    And I don't know if things are getting worse or if things have just always been worse than many realize.
    After the night shift that I pulled on Friday, my vote is that it is getting worse.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

If things get bad here, party affiliation goes out the window. We are Americans and I believe these freedoms are worth defending.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Druff View Post
    I was a Leftist democrat, then I voted for Obama, realized I wasted a vote, because all the great things never came to fruition. Now I am an untrusting Moderate, I disagree with the left and the right equally. But I can agree on one thing, the world is getting %#$@% scary, so I bought some personal protection and have already sent in my CCW App. SO yes, things are bad.
    Be careful what you wish for; you might get it.
    So you finally realized a politician is a politician, or are you still wishing?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I also voted for Obama, woopsie! I was young and dumb and wanted change, I got what I asked for and do not care for the change that happened.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links